Student allegedly robbed at gunpoint while on campus

A male student was allegedly robbed at gunpoint on the south side of the Valley Life Sciences Building on campus Wednesday night.

At about 10:43 p.m., the 26-year-old student was walking westbound on the Grinnell Pathway near the Life Sciences Addition building wearing earphones when he allegedly felt someone grab his shoulder. The victim turned around and saw two suspects standing in front of him — one of whom was holding a handgun — and was told to get on the ground, according to a UCPD crime alert.

The victim complied, and the suspects allegedly took his backpack — which contained his computer, his cellphone and his iPod — before they allegedly fled westbound on Frank Schlessinger Way. The victim did not sustain any injuries during the incident.

After the victim called 911, UCPD responded and searched the area but was unable to locate the suspects, according to the alert.

One suspect is described as a male in his late teens to early 20s, approximately 5 feet 8 inches tall, wearing a hooded sweatshirt and carrying a silver handgun. The second suspect is also described as a male in his late teens to early 20s, approximately 5 feet 8 inches tall.

Allie Bidwell is the news editor.

• Male suspects, that’s it? Why bother with a description at all. Come on people, get with the real world!!

• Anonymous

“when he allegedly felt someone grab his shoulder” How was this alleged, either the victim felt someone grab his shoulder or he didn’t. Back in the day, the omission of racial identity implied that the person being described was White.   

• Both suspects were also described as African-American according to the UCPD email alert, but of course the PC freaks at the Daily Cal removed that detail from the story.

• Anonymous

Both suspects described as MALE?  What exactly are you trying to say, Daily Cal?

End the sexist hegemony!