Tom Hanks says Toy Story 4 is coming

You heard it straight from the mouth of Sheriff Woody himself, people. In a recent interview with BBC’s Tim Muffett, Tom Hanks mentioned that “Toy Story 4″ will be made, and that “they’re working on it now.” The interview can be seen here around the 2:40 mark.

Does this seem right? The third Toy Story’s heartwarming ending with Andy leaving the toys for good, and them (SPOILER ALERT) finding a new home with Bonnie (END SPOILER) felt like a proper way for the movie to go out. However, this ending also left the franchise with a possibility of  a new beginning. The money would be a huge influence in making a fourth Toy Story, but would it come off as just some hackneyed, loosely strung together film much like the 4th Shrek movie?

Leaving the series as a trilogy would probably be best, allowing the beloved series to keep its integrity. But who knows, maybe Pixar has enough creative juices flowing through them to crank out a decent addition to the Toy Story franchise. Regardless of whether Hanks’ statement is valid, let’s just hope Pixar makes the right decision and not let this series go to infinity and beyond the realm of entertainment.

• Gimcrack

The Future; Yes, great idea. The whole Toy Story gang(toys) are in the future. In a toy museum way in the future. Then the story line; can focus on the next Andy’s family generation. Like the great-great-great… grandson that is in the Andy’s family bloodline. The Toy Story toys will reunited with the great-great-great… grandson. Like in this future, toys aren’t allow in homes or stores or even to be play with. The Toy Story toys, manage to change the future for the next generation of toys. This story line can go many way’s, to make a great story.

• toystory<3

i feel like they could have made like 2 more movies telling about what happened in between the second and third movies. they definitely have ideas about a forth movie. they left me hanging and crying at the end of toy story 3, i need to know what happened to the whole gang. they should have ALL the old characters from 1,2 and 3. Pixar is in it for the money, thats y u make a movie in the first place, i dont care that they r in it for the money, they can have my money!

• http://www.facebook.com/michael.bahnemann Michael Bahnemann

I’d much rather see a sequel to Brave or Finding Nemo.

• Sammylane2

Seriously??Another Toy Story??What about a new Incredible’s movie??That was epic!!It needs a sequel and fast!!

• Sophiadog101

Wonder what  the movie will be about????Bonnie and the toys??

• Did like Toy Story.

I Wish this movie would not come out, I am 9 and I loved all of the Toy Story movies but I will probably not go see this movie in the theater. The best part in the last movie was when Bonnie gets the toys from Andy, and I think Pixar is just in it for the MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!! 

• Rogersjc3

Coming from a kid that has seen the entire series at least 10 times over, the 3rd was even a stretch. But the heartwarming finish to Toy Story 3 was a great “finish” to the series. But with the coming of the fourth, I can easily say that Pixar is now just in it for the money, and trying to continue a franchise that could have easily be left alone. Ask yourself this, would you be after the money or just to continue the story. I, personally, would say they are just in it for the money, there isn’t a story left to tell. Period. Just my opinion, but the greedy people in Pixar need to ask themselves that when they spend a large sum of money on a movie that quite frankly will send people crying from the theaters!

• Jaiden :)

It should be released in 2015 since I saw imbd movies say about it.

• ITZELMUNOZ200

WHEN ARE THEY GO TO MAKE IT

• Munah [email protected]

Gembel Joyo

• Dalemurphy_87

My son has buzz an woody erthang an aether its a good movie or not those are his heros an he would just love to see another adventure of the toys keep them alive make another

pleeeeeeaaasss

• COLEMAN9635

ur a stupid jackASS

• http://www.facebook.com/people/Amy-Fisher/534532432 Amy Fisher

I don’t know how I feel about a Number 4 because 3 was so amazing with a wonderful ending. But when they make 4 I hope Bo Peep comes back.

• Davidstrathmann

Ha true That i Was so shocked when bo peep Was gone what hapend iny wa

• Ranababar39

Plz don’t let the series to be end it the great change to made record like. Avatar in holly history and a chance to earn money
    Plz ts 4

• WallETheUnicorn

Okay..they could totally make a toy story 4 about all the new toys and Bonnie and do something exciting with it…maybe Andy comes back from college and sees Bonnie..as long as they have a good plot they could keep going with toy story forever.

• Jab5582

I think it’s a great idea. I have a 13 and a 2 year old and they watch toy story . I know they would both want to go see a part 4. I’m soooooooooooo excited!

• Chelsea

wait wait wait andy all redy whet to collge and we need new toys becase thay find new house with a new ownner.

• Gerrad1002

yahoo by bro likes it ………………………….

• Christie

please there be toy story 4,, i just love it.. toy story3 just broke my heart . the climx was absoltly heart breakin..

• Chelseawhilow

it relley broke your hert

• Sam

I honestly think they should stick with no more Toy Story movies. Though I love Toy Story sooo much, I think they ended it grrreat with the third movie. So I say no more.

• Stephensevans2001

thats dum talk toy story is awesome i hope they go on till the 10th movie

• Chelseawhitlow

I hope that to

• Chelsea

wait are you talking about woodey I think your dum

• Janice

if they make a toy story 4 then the going to have to make a 5 and 6 because its a start of a new kid and a new beginning but when it ends its just going to mess up  123 ad the it will be not point of the 4 i want to see a toy story 4 but then again i don’t it only way toy story  4 will be good is that they is going to have to make a toystory 5 and 6

• Chris

4th rocks

• Chelseawhilow

how do you know it going to rock

• Davidstrathmann

Hé just does ok you butthole

• Isaac

I think they will make another one because people will be wondering what the gang is doing and I think it will get the audience’s attention cause people wonder and want to know what happens like me

• DearGracie

They may have great ideas, but it really all depends on how they can catch the audience’s attention. Many people, including myself, grew up with Toy Story (and other Disney movies), but I highly doubt that it will be as interesting as the rest of the movies they already have.

Although I am curious as to what the toys are up to, I just don’t think it could create a “juicy” storyline.

• Froe Films

The Toy Story franchise has always had a fantastic crew to back it up, they have fantastic writers and John Lasseter aka. Walt Disney reborn is always ontop of it, they aren’t going to let the Toy Story franchise Flop, it was the beginning of PIXAR. It may just be an abandoning thing, they just don’t want to let it go. I personally don’t think they should, they could do a lot with the new little girl, she is exactly like Andy when he was younger and they could even have Andy come back, just because they are working on the new Toy Story doesn’t mean that it is going to come out soon, they may even take a whole new approach or even change the name. The possibilities are endless for PIXAR.

• Froe Films

• Isaac

I think they should make another one…. Why stop at three i almost cried it was so sad to see Andy just leave Woody and the others… I think another movie would be a smart thing to do… If Andy were to come back and see how the Woody and the gang are and he ends up buying them back and have them till he pasted away then gave the toys to his son and just staied with him and the family

• [email protected]

I can’t wait for it all Toy Story movies are really fun to watch….they take you back when you were young and played with your toys

• Chelseawhilow

you said it

• Chelseawhilow

Im a kid

• Pemily95

why why why!?! it’s going to be awful.  but keep in mind he said I THINK. so maybe (hopefully) tom hanks is wrong on this one.

• Chelseawhilow

he is not so shut your trap

• http://sliceofpie.yolasite.com Shayna

It’s Bonnie, not Molly… ;)

• http://pulse.yahoo.com/_C234ZWPPHLBETCUJUWK4SAFALI kcs

I’m sick of sequels! I like new, original films. Like WALL-E and Up. Good thing that they have “Brave”, a fantasy adventure, coming next year. Sequels just aren’t as well-reviewed by the critics as the original films.

• http://twitter.com/jakewho4 Jake Eisenmann

Is that why Toy Story 3 almost won Best Picture of 2010?

Hm.

• Bubba G

Then dont go see it, simple as that

• http://twitter.com/ParisOption Jay Paris

With that cast of characters a really fun story can be figured-out, just ask those who act the voices, they would have some great ideas.

• http://www.facebook.com/icet1928 David Brady

hes probly refferring to the toy story SHORT at the beginning of Cars 2

He wasn’t.

• Jinachin

haha y0u’re stupid too

• Chelsea

what did he say stupid

• Anonymous

larry crowne is the name of tom hanks’ new film not a bbc interviewer

• http://www.facebook.com/lisamarievank Lisa Marie Van Laeken

The toys find a new home with Bonnie, not Molly. Molly is Andy’s little sister. Maybe you should watch the movie, or at least get your names right before publishing a blog.

• me

Ummmm did it get fixed, because it says bonnie in what I read…

• Farva

maybe you should read the blog correctly

• Jinachin

hahaha, stupid bitch

• Guest

ummmmmmmm……… it says bonnie in there?!

• ITZELMUNOZ200

WHO SAID THAT HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

• Jennifer

woow you guys seriously its freakin toy story who really cares go buy the movie and watch it your self geeze grow up ppl seriously