There are still ways for immigration reform to pass nationally

dreamact.illustration.nicolelim
Nicole Lim/Staff

You may hear that “immigration reform is dead” in the 112th Congress. But in reality, it is very much alive. It will just probably happen in pieces, not “comprehensively.”

A trend for new bipartisan immigration policy is emerging that focuses on two immigration issues: granting more green cards to educated immigrants and increasing internal enforcement.

President Obama advocated for educated immigrants in his State of the Union Speech on Jan. 25 and again on the Texas border on May 4. He spoke about the need to give automatic green cards to foreign students who earned advanced degrees in the STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) fields. It has become known as the STAPLE (Stopping Trained in America Ph.D.s from Leaving the Economy) Act.

Similarly, he supports passage of a DREAM Act that would give a pathway to citizenship for high school graduates who had been brought illegally into the country at an early age by their parents and without their knowledge.

The idea of the STAPLE Act has been lobbied in Congress by entrepreneur billionaire Bill Gates and has bipartisan support. Representatives Jeff Flake, R-Ariz., and Zoe Lofgren, D-Calif., both have introduced bills along those lines.

The DREAM concept also has an almost decades’ long bipartisan history. First introduced by Republican Orin Hatch of Utah, the compelling idea became regarded by Democratic Hispanic Caucus strategists as the major driver of comprehensive immigration reform. But in the last days of 2010, Democratic leaders allowed it to go to the chambers as a stand-alone proposal. It was never debated in Congressional committees. A quickly drafted bill was introduced in the House on Dec. 7, passed Dec. 8 and sent to the Senate a week later, where it failed a cloture vote.  While it was modified somewhat on the floor, in the end the bill was so disconnected from its original intent that both former Democratic and Republican supporters said they could not vote for it.

Now it’s back. In May, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev., reintroduced a DREAM Act that includes all the elements that were taken out in December. It can’t pass. So why did he do it?

It is obvious that with the Republicans now dominating the House and the president up for re-election, the DREAM Act has become a negotiating chip. That’s because E-Verify seems likely to become law, possibly by the end of the year.

The Legal Workforce act, introduced by House Judiciary Chair Lamar Smith, R-Tex., would require U.S. businesses to verify through the federal electronic E-Verify system that all their employees were legally sanctioned to work or face stiff penalties. At present, use of the system is voluntary, but the requirement idea gained traction after the U.S. Supreme Court recently upheld Arizona’s stringent E-Verify law. Now even the U.S. Chamber of Commerce supports it.

But the four Democrats left on the House Immigration Sub-Committee oppose the legislation unless it is attached to a Comprehensive Immigration Reform bill. At a hearing on June 15, they demanded to know if every E-Verify witness would support CIR — their litmus test. Few agreed.

There are other pass scenarios for the DREAM Act, however, if Democrats really, really want it.  It could be attached to the STAPLE Act, or to a bill that would ease the legalization of more agricultural workers. Such passage probably would have to be traded for other immigration reform issues perhaps less palatable to some Democratic leaders, such as a reduction in the number of family unification visas or even a withdrawal of birthright citizenship to children born to birth tourists or to illegal immigrant parents.

Whether or not any new visa categories pass Congress this year, it is likely that the administration will continue to support stronger selected internal enforcement measures.  President Obama stressed last month that the U.S. is not only a “nation of immigrants” but is also a “nation of laws” (one assumes he meant “enforced” laws). The administration may strive to get more cooperation from political centrists by utilizing more thoroughly the relatively new Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) agency — founded after the 9/11 terrorist attacks.

Some Democratic leaders agree. New York’s Senator Chuck Schumer often says that Americans like immigrants, but they do not like illegal immigration. The chair of the Senate Immigration Committee often proclaims that the main way to stop illegal immigration is to prevent employers from hiring workers without work permits. His first hearing was on strengthening E-Verify.

Prospects of a high unemployment rate in election year 2012 make this argument sensible for vulnerable Democrats. At the same time, both parties seem to agree that retaining graduate foreign students will help make America more competitive as well as to double one of America’s most lucrative exports — a U.S. university education.

Peggy Sands Orchowski is a U.C. Berkeley graduate and journalist.

• GodLovingCitizen

Wow! What is up with the name calling? This article is apparently about whether the Dream Act can or cannot pass with it being attached to the E-verify bill. I feel there is a very high chance that the members of Congress will reach a deal and both bills will pass together. To anyone who replies, “please don’t bite my head off”. Thank you!:) lol

• SS

The millions of illegals that come in droves are draining the money from our system. I, as an immigrant, will say there needs to be some serious reform in making it possible for those that followed the law. I am disappointed that it took my family ten years to get a greencard even when my dad was a business owner. America needs to understand while there are millions that crawl over the border, there are many who come legally to pursue their dreams, and the current system is squeezing those who came here legally to death. Honest, hard working immigrants should able to easily get a greencard. I would ideally want to support illegals, but the fact that our economy cannot support the millions of illegals that crawl over the border makes me uneasy.

• THE UNDOCUMENTED IMMIGRANTS ARE PAYING MORE TAXES THAN YOU THINK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IMMIGRANTS AND TAXES:
    Q: “Is it true that illegal immigrants don’t pay taxes and drain our economy?”
    A: As Ben Franklin said, “Nothing is certain but death and taxes.” Like the rest of us, unauthorized immigrants pay taxes on their property and anything they buy. More than half of them have taxes taken out of their paychecks, but because our immigration system is dysfunctional, these taxes are paid under false Social Security numbers. We need a new regimen in which we know who is paying taxes and can ensure that no one is getting a free ride. The only way to do that is to pull unauthorized immigrants out of the shadows and get them on the right side of the law.
    Three state-level studies have found that unauthorized immigrants pay more in taxes than they use in benefits. In Iowa, unauthorized immigrants pay an estimated $40 to $62 million in state taxes, while they and their employers contribute an additional $50 million to $77.8 million in federal, Social Security, and Medicare taxes from which they will never benefit. In Oregon, unauthorized immigrants—who are not eligible for any state benefits—pay between $134 million and $187 million in taxes each year. Finally, in Texas, the State Comptroller found that, without unauthorized residents, the gross state product in 2005 would have been $17.7 billion less. 

THE BOTTOM LINE: Undocumented immigrants are an important component of the U.S. economy. They meet the labor demand in sectors in which they do not directly compete with U.S.-born workers. The great majority of migrant workers are taxpaying, hardworking, and law-abiding people who are integrating into U.S. society.

The economics of immigration, Stephen C. Goss, the chief actuary of the Social Security Administration and someone who enjoys bipartisan support for his straightforwardness, said that by 2007, the Social Security trust fund had received a net benefit of somewhere between $120 billion and $240 billion from unauthorized immigrants.
    That represented an astounding 5.4 percent to 10.7 percent of the trust fund’s total assets of $2.24 trillion that year. The cumulative contribution is surely higher now. Unauthorized immigrants paid a net contribution of $12 billion in 2007 alone, Goss said.

Previous estimates circulating publicly and in Congress had placed the annual contributions at roughly half of Goss’s 2007 figure and listed the cumulative benefit on the order of $50 billion.

The Social Security trust fund faces a solvency crisis that would be even more pressing were it not for these payments.
    Adding to the Social Security irony is that the restrictionists are mostly OLDER AND RETIRED WHITES  from longtime American families. The very people, in other words, who benefit most from the Social Security payments by unauthorized immigrants.

Comprehensive Immigration Reform Would Boost the Economy & Help ALL American Workers:  As opposed to the mass deportation, enforcement-only approach, addressing and fixing the immigration system in a wholesale manner will be a boon to the U.S. economy and all U.S. workers.  That is why both the AFL-CIO and Change to Win created The Labor Movement’s Joint Framework for Comprehensive Immigration Reform.  Dr. Raúl Hinojosa-Ojeda conducted a 2010 report for the Center for American Progress and the Immigration Policy Center that found that “Unlike the current enforcement-only strategy, comprehensive reform would raise the ‘wage floor’ for the entire U.S. economy—to the benefit of both immigrant and native-born workers.”  According to the study, granting legal status to undocumented immigrants and creating flexible legal limits on future immigration flows would generate enough consumer-spending to support 750,000-900,000 jobs.  The report also found that the mass deportation approach would reduce GDP by 1.46 percent annually, amounting to a loss of $2.6 trillion over 10 years.

• James Roe

You are a fool and a nitwit. You have no idea, that by letting these people stay your kids and grandkids will be paying the price. Maybe you are a bleeding heart white libtard who is a relic of the hippie 60s or a dumb liberal Obama loving college kid. I would even think that you are mexican or some illegal immigrant supporter who does not critically think, but act like a stupid bleeding heart.

• Mass deportation will leave 4 million American citizen Children without parents. They will enter social system for the next 18+ years. That’s mean that you, your children and your grand-children will pay for their education, medical care, food, cloth, housing. Majority of them  will develop psychiatric  problems, depression and will qualify for SSI and Medicaid. Some will become a hard core criminals hating the Law and authority that took their parents.  Then some smart lawyers will demand a retribution from the Government on behalf of these kids.  And they probably will get it like Japanese-Americans did  50 years ago. Some children will leave with their parents and then come back in US as terrorists. And you, your children and your grand-children will pay for that, may be with their life.
        The smartest, cheapest and humane way to handle current situation is to legalize undocumented families. So that parents will take care for their children, children will grow up on American values like Americans who they are.

• Guest

“Mass deportation will leave 4 million American citizen Children without parents.”
          If illegal migrants can’t work, can’t drive, can’t rent, can’t receive benefits, they’ll leave and take their children with them.  Changing the laws to support this aim is the optimal “immigration reform.”

• Guest

“unauthorized immigrants pay more in taxes than they use in benefits”
      So what?  Nearly all Americans pay more than they receive.  Are you saying that illegal migrants should be getting a tax exemption?

• I AM NOT SAYING DONT CLOSE THE BORDERS. I AM SAYING STOP THE IGNORANCE & HATE.

Read this whos to blame for our economy, its NOT the POOR MIGRANTS.
    300 BILLION$$ are not paid in taxes by USA CITIZENS, WHO CHEAT ON their TAXES  that’s A TRILLION$$ EVERY 3.3YEARS.
     DONT BLAME THE POOR, STOP CHEATING AND OUR NATION IS OK. :):)

What the hell happened???  Lets BLAME THE FOOD PICKING, , DISH WASHING, LAWN MOWING UNDOCUMENTED MIGRANTS. YEAHH

Before you Scream and show Ignorance and Hate at least read the Immigration Law regarding Undocumented Immigrants.  

UNDOCUMENTED IMMIGRANTS ARE NOT CRIMINALS. Its a Civil Matter.

The whole thing is perplexing to people who don’t understand that being an illegal immigrant in and of itself is not a crime. The most pervasive comments made in news stories about Secure Communities go a little like this: “Illegal immigrants are what they’re called — they’re considered criminals by mere definition. Illegals who broke a bunch of laws to enter and live here should be subjected to immediate arrest and deportation — that’s fair for everyone.”

That’s not accurate, but a lot of people have that same misunderstanding — even law enforcement professionals.

During a teleconference last month on the troubles that Secure Communities is bringing to local law enforcement agencies, a few sheriffs on the call commiserated about their misunderstanding of immigration violations.

“I was always told it was a felony federal violation of law and was always under the impression that turning over any illegal immigrants (to ICE) was mandated by federal law — and so did my employees,” said Sheriff Ed Prieto of Yolo County, Calif. “But after we met with the Mexican consulate in Sacramento we learned it’s not. Then I started looking into how many of our people are being deported before trial and I became very uncomfortable contacting ICE for nonviolent offenders.”

Kane County, Ill., Sheriff Patrick Perez said that “90 percent of law enforcement officers believe (just being an illegal immigrant) is a crime, but I learned after talking to an immigration judge that it is just a civil offense.”

Sara Dill, a member of the American Bar Association’s Commission on Immigration and a member of the ABA’s Criminal Justice Council, explained it to me this way: “States are seeking to criminalize what is only a civil violation in federal law.” Dill said that failing to get a permit for home construction is one example of a civil, not criminal, violation. “Putting illegal immigrants in a criminal context confuses merely being present in the United States without authorization with crimes such as falsely claiming citizenship or identity theft, which are crimes under federal law.”

Everyone knows that of the universe of illegal immigrants, some have committed nonviolent and violent crimes — and everyone believes these should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

But believers of following “the letter of the law” cannot continue equating all illegal immigrants living in this country with criminals, who have plenty of civil rights of their own. That’s not the American way.

• Anonymous

Yes there still are.  First we need to secure the borders, then pass laws to stop all employment of illegals and imprison all employers who hire illegal alien criminals who broke our laws coming across the border and perhaps more.  Then make sure no benefits vice actual emergency care if wounded seriously, otherwise, no welfare, stamps, school, etc….That would be a start.  Then, once they self deport from no jobs (stealing jobs from americans) and no benefits… we can then, and only then, start an employment agency that caters to farmers and ranchers to hire help, if this so called theory that Americans wont do this or that.  You know, like work as Maids, Carpenters, all construction trades, fast food, dish washers, etc… you know, the jobs none of us ever did as college kids or high school students too… bull!

NO AMNESTY!  IT IS A DEMONICRAT VOTER DRIVE!

• Brassai1016

Immigration reform is needed in this country, and not just for the illegals, but the legals too. You want legal immigrants to succeed, profit, and benefit America? Let’s make it a little easier for them to. Being educated and law abiding should shorten the process, and make it less expensive. You want to keep students with American educations in the country, offer them jobs! We do need more jobs, but accusing poverty level illegal immigrants of taking our jobs is just a sorry excuse, as I don’t know many native born US citizens willing to do the vast majority of those jobs. 

My mother taught English as a Second Language in an urban public school system to newcomers to this country for ten years, and through her students, I witnessed the power of the American dream. her classroom was the only classroom I ever entered where the students actually VALUED the education they were getting, and these kids were from the lowest circumstances you can imagine. Why? Because to them, education wasn’t a right, it was a privilege. They didn’t come here to destroy the American identity, they came here to be a part of it.

We all get tired of seeing an ER full of people that have no English capacity, no insurance, and probably aren’t paying taxes- but we can’t stereotype every person that comes here from another country based on that experience. If you work in this country, you should pay taxes. I like the idea of getting people in the system, out of the underground, and making everyone here give something back. And I really don’t care what language your tax form is in, as long as you do it. 

• Not going to happen.  E-verify will grow even if Congress doesn’t make it mandatory, because more and more states will make it mandatory, and more and more local governments.  It is already mandatory at the federal level for the federal government and contractors to the federal government.
    So it isn’t a big enough bargaining chip.
    Ending birthright citizenship for any temporary or illegal immigrants would be more like what it would take for any kind of amnesty, even a small and very limited one.

• Anonymous

I believe that immigration of both skilled and unskilled is good for business. And what is good for business is good for us. That is what our forefathers said when they wrote the constitution. The key in this global economy is: where will the big corporations go. And I am afraid, but with huge emerging middle class of India and China, we will loose our edge to the emerging economies IF we donot have a way to attract new and existing businesses to grow here and stay here.

If we will be the magnet to big businesses, we will keep our prosperity and our way of life as we know it. That will also keep our children and grand children employed for long times to come.

My guess is that it is time to change the immigration policy to encourage skilled workforce, but at the same time meet the demands of the businesses and keep the unskilled workforce for reasons explained above. Because COLD HARD TRUTH IS businesses need to compete globally and we got to keep’em here.

• Japarham

While the STAPLE act seems like a good idea, the politics played by Reid
    and others in Washington are disturbing and getting really old.  Yes
    this is a wonderful country and we welcome immigrants into this
    country.  We talk about immigrant reform being unfair to illegals and
    that there are too many of them.  Well what about all the legal
    immigrants that went to all the trouble and time to come here legally? 
    With US unemployment rates hovering around 10% all over the country.
    Isn’t it time we let people in this country here legally get the jobs. 
    People say well all the jobs immigrants take Americans don’t want
    anyway.  Don’t tell me that when for 200 years Americans did the jobs
    that immigrants do today.  Don’t tell me they won’t do it.  There are so
    many people in construction out of work and unable to find jobs and a
    big reason for that is illegal workers.  E-Verify is a wonderful idea
    and it should be implemented fully and not just be a voluntary thing. 
    Employers who hire illegal immigrants knowing should be held
    responsible.  I believe that the fines collected should be allocated to
    programs for helping people find work or to help pay unemployment funds
    that are being collected today.  It is getting to a point in this
    country that within the next decade or so if nothing is done about
    immigration we could see problems like that in Serbia or Yugoslavia. 
    What’s to stop illegal immigrants from banding together and trying to
    take a piece of our country for their own?  I know this is unlikely but
    you see where I’m going with this.  Yes the United States is a country
    of immigrants.  But there are huge differences between the majority of
    immigrants that came into this country in the early 1900’s and the
    immigrants that are here today.  Most of the immigrants coming into this
    country today are doing so illegally and they are living off of this
    country while contributing almost nothing back.  They pay no taxes, yet
    we allow them to receive social security.  Most of the income they make
    doesn’t even go back into our national economy.  They send most of it
    back to Mexico.  Mexico’s economy receives around $20 billion U.S.
    dollars a year just from money sent back from immigrants.  Our country’s
    unemployment rate has been at a historic high for quite a while now and
    we are suffering economically way more than we should have to.  

• yellow finch

1.In accordance with current immigration law (most likely) your ancestors wouldn’t be allowed to immigrate to America legally.
      2. Illegals don’t steal our jobs – Chinese do and politicians who allow it to happens, illegals are just a scape goats to blame. Take look at ’86 amnesty statistics and ask yourself a question: how many of those pepole bacame model citizens, are kids of this people good Americans, how much taxes have they paid?

• “Don’t tell me that when for 200 years Americans did the jobs
      that immigrants do today. ”

Historically every new wave of immigrants were taking jobs that nobody wanted.

“There are so many people in construction out of work and unable to find jobs”

Yes, they are out of jobs because of overproduction and collapsing of “housing bubble” . There are many immigrant workers who have money to purchase houses, open their businesses, contribute to society. Immigration reform is needed. 

• California is underpopulated. With only 40 million people are schools are empty, our colleges and universities underused, our freeways empty. Water flows untapped and oil and gas resources remain undeveloped. Our population lacks diversity. We need another couple of hundred million immigrants to rekindle this engine of economic growth and prosperity.

Oh, I forget to say we are a “Nation of Immigrants”

• Adelyred

When will people start understanding that all immigrants are not here illegally but many become illegal when they have been waiting on a system to be fixed for over twelve years, when they have spent all of the money they have trying to fight for their dream to become a citizen or even green card holder in the States. I just found out that in a year and a half I will be considered illegal if my family do not recieve our Greencards by that time. Why? Because I am 19 and a half. When you are 21 you aren’t allowed to be under your parents visa status anymore which means that I will either have to move back to a country that I left when I was seven years old or spend a ton of money that I do not have because I’m not allowed to hold a job in the US. I have never spent a day as an illegal alien but as soon as someone hears that I don’t have a social security number they label me. I am in college, I have 2 years left of school, what happens in a year and a half if the immigration system fails me. Will I be kicked out of school,  will my tuition triple like that of an international student, I have lived and learned in Florida longer than most of my peers. My mother pays her taxes, she pays for our families hefty health insurance, she graduated from a U.S. university with her Masters in Special Education and works as a teacher under an H1B visa. After so many years struggling to get to where she is the school district of Hillsborough County keeps delaying  filing for her Greencard. I guess they want to milk her for her worth and give nothing back in return. A family of five living on a teachers salary in America with one daughter going to college, a son three years away from college, and one with no problems is not a walk in the park. Why does my six year old brother have no problems? because he was born on American soil not because of some “scheme” to raise an “American Boy” like many people believe but just because married people tend to have surprises. I’m tired of a system that wants to keep me locked out but I will fight for my dream to stay in America, to continue my college career and hopefully continue my education in medical school. I am not looking for a free ride, I am just looking for a fair one that makes sense time wise. Why should I put my life on a hold. I’m tired of feeling like a prisoner in the land of the free, but I’m not ready to give up fighting for the key to unlock the gates.

• Canada just passed a new immigration law that would allow undocumented from US to apply for PR in Canada. I wonder how many bright young people, future scientists, medical workers who received American education  will benefit Canadian society?

• Jubbabc

That is right.  I denied asylum in USA and definately i will move to canada by any means. I am a educated at US college and always want to serve the country provided me a good education but as the same time i will not have green card so leaving is more working for me.

• Guest

“I am a educated at US college”
          What college?  Was it an English-speaking college?

• Nina

I’m here on an E2 visa and my daughter ‘aged out’ at 21.  We put her on an F1 visa and yes, we did have to pay a lot more in tuition, but at least she was able to finish her education.  She graduated with honors this year and now has an OPT which means she can work here for a year.  Hopefully, after that, her employer will sponsor her so she can stay.  If not, she has to go back to England.

It’s criminal what people like us have to go through.  I invested a lot of money here and employ 11 US citizens, but I can never become a citizen myself!  If I get too sick to run my business, want to sell or retire, I and my family have to leave.

Immigration reform is not just about the illegals.  It’s about changing the law so that those who will benefit America can come here and STAY here.

Americans say they welcome legal immigrants, but no one can immigrate legally unless they have a sponsor – which has to be a close relative or employer.  If you don’t have a sponsor, you can’t just apply and wait your turn, as so many people think.  Any idiot who will contribute nothing is welcome to become a citizen provided he has a close relative.  People like me who create jobs for Americans have no path to green card.

Educated, intelligent, motivated young people are being thrown out of the country every day.  The DREAM Act will not help young people like Adelyred or my daughter – it’s only for those brought here ILLEGALLY.  Those brought here legally are not included.

It’s time for an immigration system that provides a path to citizenship for those who are good for America, not those who simply happen to have a relative here.

• James Roe

Nina, you should think before you post stupid comments. If you do not want people coming here on family based visas than your daughter that aged out will be stuck in the UK forever. So please use your brains before you post anything. Also family based visas in most cases are not immediate. People wait for many years in those categories to come here. They have to prove that they will not be a burden to society. Now if you are here as an investor, you should’ve gotten your green card immediately. I wonder why it did not work out for you. So please try vairous options. I do agree that it is criminal for honest people like you have to go thorugh all that nonsense, but it is also criminal for trash like illeglas and third worlders to enter the US too.

• Nina

• WHAT ARE YOUR QUALIFICATIONS IN IMMIGRATION LAWS?? ARE YOU A IMMIGRATION JUDGE/ LAWYER??? SEE HOW LITTLE YOU KNOW ABOUT IMMIGRATION LAWS :) GOD BLESS YOU FOR YOUR IGNORANCE :)

I AM NOT SAYING DONT CLOSE THE BORDERS. I AM SAYING STOP THE IGNORANCE & HATE.

DON’T BLAME THE POOR, STOP CHEATING AND OUR NATION IS OK. :):)

• Immigration issue was ignored for too long. INA of 1986 failed miserably resulting in 11 million of undocumented residents and 4 million of American citizen children who can lose one or both parents due to the deportation.  Congress knew that immigrants were crossing the border, bringing children, having children. Both Republicans and Democrats knew about that in 1990, in 1995…..2000. So, instead of revisiting the INA of 1986 and fixing it’s flaws they did NOTHING. With current immigration laws  parents, children and spouses of American citizens are being deported.
    Ask yourself is it patriotic to leave American citizen child without mother or father; is it patriotic to deport American citizen spouse or child? Can Social system accommodate 4 million American citizen children for the next 18 years? Can budget afford a mass deportation?
    Immigrants are not taking American citizen’s jobs. Immigration enforcement in Arizona didn’t affected unemployment rate in Arizona. 

• Anonymous

Politicians and government officials who ignored the rampant illegal immigration were wrong. We repudiate them; some of us curse them. The American people who did not live in a border state were unaware of the problem. But when the problem became too large to ignore or hide, and the press finally started carrying stories about it, the American people perked up and said, NO! NO! NO!  We must stop this and enforce our laws!  Just because illegal immigration was wrongly allowed to occur and continue in the past, does not mean we are obligated to continue it, or to set aside enforcement of our laws now.  We recognize that amnesty is an endorsement of lawlessness and we want no part of it. The vast majority of American people are solidly opposed to illegal immigration; we want it stopped and we want our laws enforced. That means deportations. We know that cannot deport all the illegal aliens at one time. But we can deport them over an extended period of time, while we convince them through a progressively more stringent attrition by enforcement program to repatriate themselves voluntarily. And don’t for a minute try to make anyone think that illegal aliens, and those who aid and abet illegal aliens, including you, care one bit about our SS system. This is just another one of those thinly veiled excuses, flung about as a reflex reaction, to try to convince people to grant amnesty to lawless illegal immigrants. It doesn’t fly.

As for breaking up families – patriotism has NOTHING TO DO WITH IT!  That’s another one of those pathetic excuses whiners use to try to get their way.  The fact is that in nearly all cases, nothing stops those being deported from taking their spouse and/or children with them, or arranging for them to join them shortly after deportation. The separation of families big boo-hoo is something illegal aliens, themselves, VOLUNTARILY CHOOSE when they are deported.  And it is not like they didn’t know when they willfully became illegal aliens that deportation is the penalty for their illegal acts.  And it is not like they didn’t know when they chose to marry in this country that they were at risk for deportation and they further risked separation from their spouses.  And it is not like they didn’t know when they chose to have children in this country
      that they were at risk for deportation and they could choose separation from their children if they were deported.  So HOW MORAL, HOW HONEST, HOW MUCH INTEGRITY do illegal aliens have not only when they voluntarily and knowingly unlawfully enter/remain in this country, but also when they then try to blame the US when they face the known consequence of their own illegal behavior and select family separation?

• US needs to know who lives here. US needs to enforce immigration laws. Deporting American citizen children, or forcing American Citizens out of their country to join their spouses is against the law. It just not going to happen. Besides being immoral, this act will undermined the value of American citizenship. A lot of countries do not mess with American citizens because they know that US Government will protect them no matter what. How would it look if US start deporting American citizen children? It also dangerous to have 4 million of American citizen children to grow up in the foreign country, learning different values. They will grow up, they will be able to come back to US, some of them might be terrorists. 

• Anonymous

No one is deporting American citizens or forcing any US citizen out of the country.  You are deliberately twisting  my words, like so many other lawless, immoral people. The point you choose to ignore is that illegal aliens have a CHOICE. They knew the risks of being here illegally. They have a CHOICE to bring their families with them when they are deported. And if they CHOOSE separation from their families, they are liars and defamers when they blame their family separation on the US and our laws. We do not owe illegal aliens anything. This is a nation, not a charitable institution. Fix your own corrupt, broken country and quit your bellyaching because we believe in the Rule of Law and each country taking care of their own people, and we aim to enforce it. 

• Laws are being changed all the time. 50 years ago Black Americans were discriminated and it was the Law back then. It has been changed and there were plenty of people like you, driven by hate and ignorance, who  opposed the new Law of equality.  Now it’s a shame. It is time to recognize and legalize undocumented population.

• Jeffrey Hastings

Masha, you miss the point the others make. You seem to want to change the laws as they suit you rather than follow the law as written. That suggests if you don’t like a law, you ignore it. It’s that aspect that U.S. citizens find unpalatable. Why should those who follow the laws to immigrate to America be forced to wait while we give Amnesty to those who didn’t? Where’s the fairness in that?

• Anonymous

Doesn’t matter. Don’t you get it. Businesses need labor, skilled, unskilled and cheaper in order to compete on a global scale. You can sit in your part of the world, but fact is that businesses need to compete or else they will move away. Australia, Canada, Germany are all trying so hard, but even they don’t get what made America great. It is freedom and business friendly regulations!!! If we remain a magnet to attract & retain businesses here, that will AUTOMATICALLY keep jobs here for our kids for generations to come. Rule #1  – If you become successful doing something, key is to keep repeating it.

• Marsha
            Would you like me to enter your home uninvited. squat out a kid I demand you feed educated and provide health care to me and my kid ? Demand you speak my language to do so and in return I dust you furniture? And then say dusting furniture is paying my way even though you didn’t grant me permission to enter your home?
            That is what we get with illegal immigration.

• Anonymous

That is nonsense. No one needs to feed anyone. Put a restriction on the green card holders so they can’t get on to social programs. Simple as 1-2-3. Moreover, all these social program shld be limited anyway. That is not what makes America great. Here you will find 100 ways to start your business and make something for yrself. Social programs hinder that growth and free immigration. Ask Canada, they want immigration but can’t get rid of their free healthcare for all so they keep on choosing people. In America, if you can prove yrself, you have everything in the world. That is capitalism at its best. Social programs shld be limited only to the elderly and disabled, who deserve our attention. There shld be strong punishments for lawyers and doctors to declare someone wrongfully disabled. That problem needs to be fixed, but so does this one. WHY NOT ASK YOUR SENATORS AND CONGRESSMEN TO KILL TWO BIRDS WITH THE SAME STONE.

• Guest

“Put a restriction on the green card holders so they can’t get on to social programs. Simple as 1-2-3.”
            Except that we’re not talking about green card holders.  They’re legal immigrants and have established rights.

• I personally know an undocumented family who has their own business, put their kids through private school, employ 17 Americans, provide themselves and 17 Americans with medical insurance,  pay taxes. In other word they don’t live on your dime. If you get SSI or any other State or Federal assistants, then you are living on their dime.
            So, stop stereotyping. Read first 2 posts of this blog. Immigration System doesn’t work to reflect society needs. It is time to adjust it.

• Explain that to an American citizen child who will lose mother or father.

• Society has to make the laws, not the other way around. If Laws were set in stone without a possibility to be changed, then we would still have slavery, discrimination and women won’t be able to vote.
            The point is that Immigration System haven’t been updated for 25 years. In terms of
            current technological progress INA of 1986 is ancient. It is time for a
            new Immigration Bill.

• James Roe

Masha, you are a fool. Get educated and see what will happen if you let these mexicans enter and stay here. They will destroy this country. When they start their destruction, they will not care about a white liberal girls like you and if you supported them or not. They will spit on you. So please use your brains or shut up.

• It’s you who need to stop reading brainwashing articles from FAIR.com and NubbersUSA.com . You have no right to call me a fool just because I have a different opinion.  What destruction and price are you talking about? So far I see them picking up crops, milking cows, fixing roofs and roads. If you are afraid of those gangsters who were provided with heavy guns through “Fast and Furious” by US  Government.  They have no intention to immigrate to US. For them current dysfunctional immigration system is a sours of income.  They use US guns to terrify Mexican farmers and force them to run to US. Then those gangsters charge them money for the passage to by more guns.  
        Mass deportation will leave 4 million American citizen Children without
        parents. They will enter social system for the next 18+ years. That’s
        mean that you, your children and your grand-children will pay for their
        education, medical care, food, cloth, housing. Majority of them  will
        develop psychiatric  problems, depression and will qualify for SSI and
        Medicaid. Some will become a hard core criminals hating the Law and
        authority that took their parents.  Then some smart lawyers will demand a
        retribution from the Government on behalf of these kids.  And they
        probably will get it like Japanese-Americans did  50 years ago. Some
        children will leave with their parents and then come back in US as
        terrorists. And you, your children and your grand-children will pay for
        that, may be with their life.
        The smartest, cheapest and humane way
        to handle the current immigration mess is to legalize undocumented
        families. So that parents will take care for their children, children
        will grow up on American values like Americans who they are.

• The American People won’t allow AMNESTY !!!  
    Lamar Smith’s National E-Verify Bill is a SCAM written to appease the Chamber of Commerce and the UFW (United FarmWorkers Union). 
     HR 2164 would nullify the STATE’s ability to Enforce their own hard-fought for E-Verify LAWS and also includes a 3 year Amnesty for Ag-Workers.
    Don’t fall for this TRAP.
    Call your House Rep (866-220-0044) and tell them to scrap HR 2164 0r FIX IT.  
    ENFORCE OUR LAWS – NO AMNESTY
    287g Nationwide to find and DEPORT ALL ILLEGAL ALIENS !!!

• You are not representing American people. You represent ignorant people full of unfounded hate.

• Anonymous

LOL!!  Now if that isn’t the pot calling the kettle black!!!

• I  heard a wise man say , “-ALL-  illegal aliens need to be ferreted out , rounded-up & shipped back from whence they came” !!!

I say , “DREAM SOMEWHERE ELSE”  How about WHERE  your ” HABITUAL CRIMINAL PARENTS”  CAME FROM !!!

CALL -OUR- Congress @ 866 220 0044
    DEMAND -OUR- IMMIGRATION LAWS BE ENFORCED !
    E-verify -ALL- JOBS & GOV`t. PROGRAMS->section-8 , welfare , food stamps , wic. etc. !
    287g->NATIONWIDE TO FIND & DEPORT -ALL- illegal aliens !
    ATTRITION THROUGH ENFORCEMENT !
    Call I.C.E. @ 866 347 2423 to REPORT illegal aliens & THEIR EMPLOYERS !
    -ALL- illegal aliens from -ALL- COUNTRIES ARE CRIMINALS !
    Visit-  AmericanPatrol.c  –  Ojjpac.o !
    “FREE FAXES” to -OUR- Congress @ NumbersUSA.c 0r CapsWeb.o !
    google->  Work in the states build a life in Mexico  -> To see that BETTER LIFE !
    NO Ag-jobs – NO dream / NIGHTMARE act – NO AMNESTY –0f any sort–>EVER !!!
    thanks
    GOD BLESS THE U.S.!!!

• Why do you think he was wise? Did you administered IQ test?

• Guest

IQ is a measure of intelligence, not wisdom.

• “I say , “DREAM SOMEWHERE ELSE”  How about WHERE  your ” HABITUAL CRIMINAL PARENTS”  CAME FROM !!!”

Are you trying to find grounds to deport yourself?

• Anonymous

GOD BLESS EVERYONE FIGHTING FOR IMMIGRATION REFORM!  IT IS COMING, THE GOOD GUYS WILL WIN!  WE WILL REMAIN A NATION OF IMMIGRANTS!

• Anonymous

Legal immigrants.

• Anonymous

We will remain a nation of legal immigrants, who came here legally from the start.  There will be no amnesty given to those who jumped the line and broke our laws. They have proved from their first act in this country that they do no respect our laws. There is no place for such people in this nation of laws.

• They didn’t prof anything, they are just trying to survive. They proved to be hardworking people. Some illegal residents have good education  and can contribute to the American society.

• Anonymous

Yes, they did prove they are lawless, immoral and dishonorable. They never tried to fix their broken countries, choosing to dishonor the US and mooch from us. Having a good education makes them more valuable to their countries of origin and is irrelevant if they are here illegally. They must survive in their own countries, organizing with others and repairing the ills of their own country. The US cannot support the world.

• The only person who dishonors US right now is YOU by being ignorant hater. Read earlier posts. Some people fell out of status because Immigration System haven’t been updated for 25 years.

• Anonymous

Madame,  the supreme ignorance is not being able to recognize it when you look in the mirror. You lie about what our immigration laws are; and you lie about the penalties; and you lie about giving a rip about this country. We see you for what you are. The is no justification for illegal immigration or for tolerating the unlawful presence of illegal aliens. You just want to achieve legality through illegal means. NEVER! And go ahead can throw the race card, the hate card, the nativist card, and all the other laughable, meaningless cards LaRaza teaches about. Cheating won’t win.

• I am still waiting for legal reference regarding  immigration violation being criminal. The fact that you started attacking me personally tells me that you are out of valid arguments and have nothing to substantiate your statements .

• Anonymous

IT IS TIME!  LETS ADOPT MEXICOS!!!  Then see how it is!  They have the hardest immigration laws in the western world!!!!

• “We will remain a nation of legal immigrants, who came here legally from the start.  ”
          I didn’t know that Native Americans issued a visa to Columbus. I never heard of Native Americans issuing visa to anybody on Mayflower. Everybody who came to America back then were looking for a better life, opportunities for themselves and their children or were escaping prosecutions based on religion, nationality, origin etc. The same applies to the current immigrants documented and not.

• Anonymous

Same old, lame excuses from people who drink the LaRaza kool-aid. The Native Americans did not have laws, did not issue visas, did not deport people, and did not even have a sense of ownership of land.  Some did not even have a written language. So stop with the laughable, ridiculous nonsense.  What the British and new Americans did at times was sometimes heinous, as we look back through the lens of history. At the time, it was common practice and not seen as wrongful. Conquest of new, undeveloped lands was common, and thought to be laudable. That was then and this is now.  Much of what used to be is no more.  And when America was founded, slavery was legal and women couldn’t vote. There was no technology and no weapons of mass destruction.  There wasn’t even electricity. So what’s your point, except more lame, silly excuses for trying to legitimize illegal immigration? It ain’t flying and we ain’t buying. So you can tell it to the judge.

This is now the United States of America. We do have laws. We do issue and deny visas. We do deport people. And we do NOT have to let in everyone who wants to be here. In fact, we cannot do that without ruining our nation. The USA we have today is light-years different than the baby USA of the past. We do not need unskilled labor from other countries, we have enough of our own. We do not have any obligation to house, feed, employ, educate, medicate and hold the hand of every person who wants a better life, but won’t fight for it in their own land. We have the right, like every other nation on earth, to control immigration, establish immigration laws that benefit THIS nation, and enforce those laws. We don’t need foreign nationals to tell us how to do it or what is good for us. What we do need is to end illegal immigration, repatriate illegal aliens and stop foreign powers and their agents from meddling in our laws, government and business; and to unseat politicians who put the interests of foreign powers and foreign nationals above the interests of this nation and US citizens.

What does NOT apply to illegal aliens is the right to be in this country! Fix your own! Make a better life in your own country! We know that those who do not learn the lessons of history are doomed to repeat them. We see how failure to establish immigration laws and enforce them worked out for the Native Americans. We won’t be making the same mistake.

• You contradicted yourself  in your last paragraph. Laws are being  changed all the time, as you pointed out. Now it’s time for Immigration reform.

• Anonymous

I will fight like my family and those before them for LEGAL IMMIGRATION and NOT ILLEGAL ALIEN BORDER JUMPING IMMIGRATION!!!

First of all, we should allow ONLY the brightest and most eager into this country who want to be here and speak english and work hard… not those who will not speak english, will wave another countries flag while demanding some fictional right they are not entitiled to!

• I bet Native Americans didn’t consider their land undeveloped and wasn’t thrilled about European invasion. And they didn’t consider it “common practice”. And since we are talking about history, Mexicans are direst descendents of Incas and they are just migrating north. They have more right to this land than any European origin.   They are doing the same thing  that populated the world by human race – migration.

• Anonymous

No, you need to go back to the CAVEMAN if you want to plant that stupid idea!  Jerk

• Anonymous

The
    illegal immigration plague is
    not going to fade away under current political parties. Liberals who
    have
    infested the Democratic Party are looking for millions of votes,
    whether legal
    or–ILLEGAL? The Republicans fare no better in this overwhelming
    problem, as
    the elitists and corporate hugger’s in the party, have over previous
    decades
    made fortunes from the uncountable numbers of illegal aliens that have
    arrived
    here by plane, ship or across the porous borders. Under the Obama’s
    rule in one
    hand, he seems to be cracking down on illegal immigration, but by the
    other
    hand there are orders out there just to apprehend dangerous criminal
    aliens. THIS
    IS WAR THAT IS TEARING AMERICA APART AND IT’S BECOMING EVEN WORSE
    EVERYDAY. The
    first immigration amnesty of 1986 was a complete failure as it was
    never
    enforced and millions turned up here, to take advantage of it, by using
    forged
    documents.

The
    so-called Dream Act
    through has its benefits, cannot be passed as once the students attain
    the
    special privilege of citizenship, can begin partitioning for family
    members. At
    the beginning there would be a limited stream of family members able to
    come
    here. But in due course, the trickle of the family circle would turn
    into a
    deluge. This sponsorship of family members would eventually explode in
    to a
    CHAIN MIGRATION AVALANCHE. The biggest consequences would be the
    sponsorship
    issue, as ultimately hundreds of thousands or even millions will not be
    supported
    by the original sponsor and they will have to apply, for SSI or other
    federal
    benefits to survive. This is what happened with the 1986
    Simpson/Mazzoli
    immigration bill, as the pushers of enactment never thought of the
    monetary penalty
    of CHAIN MIGRATION.

These activists who are demanding a referendum
    on the Dream Act, indicating they have 130.000 signatures, cannot even
    compete
    with two thirds or even more of the population of America who see this
    as another
    mass Amnesty, with CHAIN MIGRATION.

As
    unpleasant as it is, millions
    must be removed from this country by either force or self-deportation
    called
    Attrition by enforcement. This can only be achieved by mandating the
    two
    controversial tools; one being “E-Verify or the Secure Communities”
    laws.
    It is the TEA PARTY and only the TEA PARTY will enforce the 1986
    immigration
    law, that it is not “broken” as the leftist press keeps repeating. South
    Carolina found a chink in the armor of the Liberal progressives,
    Democrats that
    are creating a new police unit to enforce a law that would make it a
    felony to
    manufacture fake identification for illegal immigrants. This one
    far-reaching
    provision that would penalize people, who use a forged ID to get a job,
    or for
    that matter punishment for using other people’s credit for criminal
    enterprises; 15 years in jail and up  to $250,000 in fines. 

THOUSANDS
    OF ILLEGAL ALIENS
    REALIZING THEY CANNOT COMPLY WITH GEORGIA, ALABAMA IMMIGRATION POLICING
    LAWS,
    ARE FLEEING TOWARDS SUCH UNENFORCED STATES AS THE SANCTUARY STATE OF
    CALIFORNIA, NEVADA AND TEXAS OR ANYWHERE IN THE ILLEGAL ALIEN
    GUIDEBOOK,
    STILL OPEN FOR OCCUPATION? AS MORE STATES RECOGNIZE THEY ARE SAVING BILLIONS OF DOLLARS BY
    ENACTING HARSH LAWS AS ARIZONA, COMFORTABLE LOCATIONS WITHOUT HARSH
    LAWS WILL
    BECOME THE DESTINATION. 

Americans
    should not hesitate and
    demand of the TEA PARTY leadership that already knows of the costs of
    illegal
    immigration, which continues and continues, with no real help from the
    feds to reduce it. For true information about costs, sources and
    statistics
    go to (FAIRS) Federation of American Immigration Reform website. To
    learn more
    about the corruption inside both parties, you find it at “Judicial
    Watch”
    website. To find out whose pandering to illegal immigrants in both
    parties and
    to acquaint yourselves with the policy makers, who have American
    citizens and
    legal residents interests go to “NumbersUSA” website. There are
    thousands
    of branches of the TEA PARTY and a national headquarters, so
    join them now.  It’s really our last chance to take America back from
    the financial brink. 

You
    should also introduce yourself
    as a voter to the people who run this devastated country, at the Senate
    phone switchboard—202-224–3121/ House—202-225–3121 and tell them it’s
    time to
    produce results.  To remove the stigma of instant citizenship for the
    babies of illegal aliens, that is by far the most expensive dollar
    figure from
    taxpayer’s pockets. Our tax dollars go to supporting agriculture that
    send
    their sick and injured to local hospitals for treatment, leaving
    without paying
    the bills that eventually is picked up by taxpayers. Same with the farm
    illegal
    workers children, that by law we must educate and pay the never ending
    bills?
    Our schools are crammed to capacity, full of the children of illegal
    migrants
    and over stay immigrants, the health system slowly falling apart as
    more
    hospitals start failing from  families to be treated; uninsured with
    many
    of these institutions unable to survive.

Then
    we have the US penal system
    choking with illegal alien criminals, which is yet another tax hike for
    the
    American population. All these financial problems are national, and the
    only
    way to prevent another mass amnesty, cut off all welfare and money
    payments and
    arrest those responsible for Sanctuary cities and towns and stop any
    access to
    immigration reform including volume Chain Migration through a
    clandestine Dream
    Act is by voting for more TEA PARTY candidates.  There is so
    much fraud through working visa applications, in collusion with
    incorrigible
    immigration attorneys, corporations and middle men who forge documents
    to bring
    in foreign labor. The government agencies are also corrupt with
    taxpayer’s
    money to by favors from open border lobbyists. It is every prudent and
    patriotic Americans stringent responsibility to fight back against the
    terrible
    corruption for profit and power and against the illegal immigration
    invasion.

As an
    addendum I have no problem
    with people who are processed and await their turn, as hundreds of
    thousands
    do. Special visas should expedite highly technological and professional
    people
    into a country that welcomes them. But just entering America should be
    strictly
    controlled with a felony punishment; not a slap on the hand. This must
    be Non-Persona-Grata
    for every other person, especially those who have to be supported by
    taxpayers,
    which is the majority. Corporations should be punished for bringing
    into this
    country people on the bottom skill level, as they too might end up in
    the
    bread line. Stealthily through prior administrations, millions enter
    America
    annually without the knowledge of the people to work in different
    industries,
    at reduced wages.

Those
    of us who want our vote to
    count in the 2012 presidential election, must have oversight against
    illegal
    aliens using the election process, to re-elect the same old, tired men
    and
    women, who interests is to keep the illegal alien invaders still
    stealing from
    our sovereign nation. IT’S AN UGLY BATTLE AND WE MUST WIN IT, FOR
    OUR CHILDREN AND GRAND CHILDREN’S FUTURE.

• Cj

your a moron

• Enough with hate and ignorance. At least type your message, don’t just copy and past it where appropriate and not. 

• Anonymous

My God, these people need to be given the message more clearly.  They simply keep coming back and back and back expecting us to make the massive mistake we made in the last amnesty.  I believe the vast majority of Americans want the parasitic class to go home.  Our infrastucture is crumbling, we are stretched militarily, and we simply cannot be Mexico’s dumping ground anymore.

• Majority of immigrants are hard working people. They perform the most hard, dirty and low-paid jobs. Without them crops will rot in the fields, like it’s happening in Georgia; infrastructure will crumble as there will be no one to fix roads and sewer. Stretched military has nothing to do with immigrants. Military will benefit from DREAM youth,  according to military officials.  

• Anonymous

Illegal aliens are lawless people. The obligation to obey the laws is not even a blip on their radar. The first thing they do here – unlawful presence – is violate our immigration laws. Then the majority of them use fraudulent documents and/or swear to fraudulent statements to obtain unlawful employment, which is a double violation of our laws. Most drive without a license and insurance – two more violations.  There is no end to the lies they tell, the fraud they commit.  Their attitude is basically, “So what?”  Being hard workers does not make up for lawlessness.  And don’t even try to make anyone think that you and everyone else like you, who try to sell us on legalizing illegal aliens, give a rip about our economy or any of the needs of this nation.  We will get along just fine without them – actually be stronger and better for having repatriated them and secured our borders – after an initial period of adjustment and some real pain – well deserved – for those who have relied on illegal labor for big profits. Even setting aside considerations of the economic drain they are on this nation, and all the other problems their presence causes, there is no place in this country for lawless people.  And let’s not forget that they have no right to be in this nation!

• So, the smart move is to make them legal, make sure that taxes are paid, that they drive with insurance etc.

• Anonymous

WRONG, self-serving one. The smart move is to repatriate them either by deportation or by convincing them to do it voluntarily, themselves. It is NEVER smart to legitimize lawlessness.  It merely encourages more lawlessness. You are WRONG AGAIN about immigration violations. ONLY over-staying one’s visa is a civil violation, but the penalty is still deportation. Illegal entry is a criminal violation misdemeanor; illegal re-entry, marriage fraud, etc., are all felonies. ALL are punishable by deportation. Some have fines and imprisonment in addition to deportation. I think lawless, lying, cheating people have no place here. If everyone just took what the thought they needed for a better life there would be nothing but chaos.  The US does have real criminals, AND SO DOES EVERY OTHER COUNTRY.  We keep ours and boot the others. If they want something better for their children, they need to fix their own country. ILLEGAL ALIENS HAVE NO RIGHT TO BE IN THE UNITED STATES.

• They are here, they have American citizen children, spouses, parents,they build life here. And no matter how much you hate that, they are not going anywhere.
            Provide legal reference regarding  immigration violation being criminal.

• Anonymous

Squatting doesn’t get you ownership. That’s like saying, “I stole this money without getting busted, hung on to it, got interest, and I get to keep it.”  That’s the reasoning of  people to whom laws mean nothing, and who do not even hesitate to violate them any time they feel like it.  Lawless people. Just because they chose to illegally be here, with or without spouse, children, family; chose to illegally build a life here, does not legitimize them and it never will. They are still subject to deportation and that’s exactly what they should get because they earned it. You try to paint my desire to uphold our rule of law and preserve this nation as hate. Well, of course, it is hard for a lawless person to understand that there are legitimate and compelling reasons to make people like you pay the consequences of your illegal acts. You just don’t understand being lawful; being honest; taking responsibility for your own behavior.  So sad; tragic, really, but it doesn’t get you a free pass.  The American public want the lot of you repatriated. It will take time, but we will make that happen.

Statutory references, though I have no obligation to provide them:

8 U.S.C. §§ 1325 – 1327 et seq.
            8 U.S.C. §§ 1227 – 1228 et seq.
            INA § 275 et seq.
            INA § 237 et seq.

Your turn. Just cite the statute and section, I can find it, if it actually exists.  LOL!

Go ahead and have the last word, as people like you always must. I won’t be reading it, and hence, won’t be responding to it. Your mind is made up. Hope you are repatriated soon.

• Laws can make person legal, but nothing can make AZXyb a smart human. People wants to become legal, that is what it all about. People wants to live with their families.
             And still you failed to provide proof of immigration violation being a criminal offense.

• Anonymous

Of course I provided the proof. I’ll bet you never even tried to find the laws I cited. Again, you LIE.

Throwing insults makes you neither smart nor correct. People can read these comments and decide for themselves who is smart and who is not. But that is not the issue. The issue is what is legal. Get someone to read those laws to you. I am correct. Laws mean nothing to the lawless; they mean everything to Americans. This is a nation of LAWS.

When did people like you start worrying about anything or anyone being legal, anyway? Everything you have said clearly indicates you have no use for laws or for the truth. People like you just want to commit all the illegal acts they want, and they don’t want to be held accountable for any of their bad acts; and they don’t want to be punished for violating the laws. They want what they want and they don’t care about any laws. Then they whine and cry and blame others when they cannot escape the consequences of their own unlawful behavior. Boo-hoo! You are unlawfully present in the wrong country. A fundamental principle of this country is RULE OF LAW. If you want to live with your families, go back to where you are a citizen and you can all live there together. It’s just pathetic, but what can anyone do about adults who just don’t care about laws, don’t think it is a big deal to violate laws, and don’t value truthfulness? It’s hopeless. And that’s why you are labelled “lawless.”

• I looked at the Law references that you provided. Non of them calls “immigration violation a criminal offense”.  If you think that I am mistaken, then provide link and number of the paragraph.
            You don’t know your own Laws.

• Anonymous

bull

• Humans are not birds. Next time you get sick, why don’t you go to the vet and ask to be put to sleep like a dog. It will save tons of money in medical expenses.

• Anonymous

I had a dog named masha, a little chiuaua (sp), barked all the time…. took the little bitch to the vet….

Subject: [dailycal] Re: There are still ways for immigration reform to pass nationally

• Anonymous

Great come back.

• Anonymous

utter bullsxxxxt