Visit our football blog every Friday for a round-up of the week’s news about the Pac-12 and college football.
- With the Pac-12 era officially beginning this summer, the folks over at the University of Arizona’s Daily Wildcat have put together a list of the Pac-10 era’s top moments, players and coaches. Though the list mostly revolves around Arizona history, the top moment is a well-known one for Cal followers. Interesting mix.
- Arizona State’s defensive line depth has taken a hit with end James Brooks leaving the squad.
- We’ve had it up to here with with award watch-list mania, but here’s something to ponder: five Pac-12 signal-callers are on the preseason Davey O’Brien list. Two of them, Andrew Luck and Matt Barkley, passed for nearly 600 combined yards and seven touchdowns against Cal last season. Gulp.
- Ex-Washington star-turned-NBA Slam Dunk champ Nate Robinson also played some cornerback while with the Huskies. Now, he’s thinking of taking his talents to the NFL if the NBA lockout continues.
- College football writer Bruce Feldman has become something of a hero on Twitter after his controversial suspension from ESPN. Expect a #FreeBruce movie coming to a theater near you.
- Former Cal running back Justin Forsett has become a huge fan of the U.S. women’s soccer team.