Visit our football blog every Friday for a round-up of the week’s news about the Pac-12 and college football.
- With the Pac-12 era officially beginning this summer, the folks over at the University of Arizona’s Daily Wildcat have put together a list of the Pac-10 era’s top moments, players and coaches. Though the list mostly revolves around Arizona history, the top moment is a well-known one for Cal followers. Interesting mix.
- Arizona State’s defensive line depth has taken a hit with end James Brooks leaving the squad.
- We’ve had it up to here with with award watch-list mania, but here’s something to ponder: five Pac-12 signal-callers are on the preseason Davey O’Brien list. Two of them, Andrew Luck and Matt Barkley, passed for nearly 600 combined yards and seven touchdowns against Cal last season. Gulp.
- Ex-Washington star-turned-NBA Slam Dunk champ Nate Robinson also played some cornerback while with the Huskies. Now, he’s thinking of taking his talents to the NFL if the NBA lockout continues.
- College football writer Bruce Feldman has become something of a hero on Twitter after his controversial suspension from ESPN. Expect a #FreeBruce movie coming to a theater near you.
- Former Cal running back Justin Forsett has become a huge fan of the U.S. women’s soccer team.
Comments should remain on topic, concerning the article or blog post to which they are connected. Brevity is encouraged. Posting under a pseudonym is discouraged, but permitted. The Daily Cal encourages readers to voice their opinions respectfully in regard to the readers, writers and contributors of The Daily Californian. Comments are not pre-moderated, but may be removed if deemed to be in violation of this policy. Click here to read the full comment policy.