Obama’s job council comes under scrutiny for Democratic spending

Recently, President Barack Obama’s Council on Jobs and Competitiveness, which includes UC Berkeley professor Laura Tyson, has come under scrutiny because some of its members donated heavily to Obama’s 2008 and 2012 presidential campaigns.

At least 10 of the 27 members on the council donated $4,600, the maximum legal amount for individuals, to Obama’s 2008 campaign, according to the Center for Responsive Politics. Laura Tyson, professor of global management in the UC Berkeley Haas School of Business, was one of the 10 who donated $4,600 to the Obama campaign in 2008 and has donated $17,150 overall to Democratic candidates and committees since 1999, according to the Federal Election Commission.

Tyson has held influential government positions since the early 1990s, serving as former President Bill Clinton’s national economic adviser from 1995 to 1996 and as a member of the National Security Council and Domestic Policy Council during his administration.

The donations from the council have called into question the objectivity of the body, which “was created to provide non-partisan advice to the President on . . . ways to create jobs, opportunity, and prosperity for the American people,” according to the White House website.

The new report released Monday called “Taking Action, Building Confidence” detailed new ways for job creation, emphasizing infrastructure spending and small businesses. The job council held its third meeting Tuesday in Pittsburg, Penn. which was attended by Obama.

• http://pulse.yahoo.com/_WRACM77JT2RXUR3LMGDPPUGUYY Tony M

Is anyone surprised? Obama’s entire “stimulus plan” is nothing but a slush fund for Democrat party faithful…