Man allegedly throws aluminum water bottle at UC Berkeley student’s face

A man allegedly threw an aluminum water bottle at a UC Berkeley student Thursday evening on campus, causing minor injuries to the victim’s face.

At about 5:09 p.m., the female student was approached by a man at “the northeast exterior of the Haas Pavilion,” according to a UCPD crime alert. The man asked the student if she was going to the protest on Sproul Plaza, and when the victim answered “no,” the suspect yelled at her.

“People like you are the reason that California is in debt,” he said, according to the crime alert.

The suspect then threw a full aluminum water bottle at the victim’s face, the crime alert said. The victim then called UCPD and refused medical treatment for the bruise on her cheek. UCPD officers responded to the scene and checked the area, but could not locate the suspect.

The suspect was described as a white or Hispanic male in his early 20s, wearing a brown and green knit cap with earflaps and strings, a black coat and dark pants.

Stephanie Baer is the city news editor.

• http://www.facebook.com/people/Mike-Myers/100000378254770 Mike Myers

Yes, I’m sure California is in debt because of female college students. It couldn’t have anything to do with the millions of illegal aliens who utilize services without paying taxes…..

• http://pulse.yahoo.com/_4L2ME7Q2QMOFMNCZAFE7UGSJMY Jacob

…And union pensions and double dipping, and high taxes that are pushing businesses to flee the state, and insane carbon mandates that will raise prices of fuel and energy and once again force more business to leave the state.

• Anonymous

And show piece public works projects / programs that provide little or no service or value. 

• Anonymous

Find this weak-kneed OWS guy and bash his cheekbones in with a full aluminum water bottle.

• Anonymous

“People like you are the reason that California is in debt,”

No, people like the ass who threw the bottle are the reason Kalifornia is up to it’s eyebrows in debt.  You’ll note that the BIG BRAVE GUY picked on a woman.

• Anonymous

Problem with liberals, what do they do when they run out of other peoples money?

• Anonymous

OWS are just a bunch of lazy spoiled brats that want their way without any of the responsibilities.

• Anonymous

California is in trouble because of too much spending.  Same with the US.

It will not matter how much more revenue is collected, they will spend that much and more.

STOP SPENDING MONEY WE DO NOT HAVE.

• http://pulse.yahoo.com/_7SIIJ6PHYDM7LKXRHDAIHJRZC4 Terry

More of this is coming. Today’s demonstrator have NO morals and will resort to violence to get there point across. They unfortunates are the lost generation that the liberal’s and Democrats thought they could brainwash and control.

• Anonymous

99% of the OWS give the others a bad name.

• Wags

The occupiers are a bunch of chumps and wannabes that think that they have a right to other people’s stuff.  They cannot make the stuff on their own because they are lazy stupid and self centered.

• bob m

How the hell will you find him? He is one of the 99%. 

• Anonymous

while these occupy dirt bags are pulling thier puds, i am making a killing in the stock market.  All in engery, industrials, and tobacco.

• Anonymous

Haha…I wish there was a stock for American college students at liberal arts institutions.

I’d short that one big time.

• Johnnie_walker

I like how this thread full of dim-bulb idiots has concluded that they know the guy is an OWS supporter based on one sentence about debt. Because when OWS people pick a single issue to yell about, it’s the country being in debt right?

Debt is a conservative issue. None of you morons has any idea why this guy (allegedly) threw the water bottle, but it’s just as likely that the guy was pissed because he thought she supported OWS as vice versa. Idiots.

• Anonymous

Let’s work on the reading comprehension there:
      “The man asked the student if she was going to the protest on Sproul
      Plaza, and when the victim answered “no,” the suspect yelled at her.”

Yes we do he is a brain washed liberal dirtbag.

• Derfnitz

Johnnie Walker Red, I presume.

• Anonymous

No, occupy clown.  The reason that CA is in debt is that the legislature can’t live within its means.  Just like the Feds.

Go get a job and quit polluting the neighborhood.

• Anonymous

The reason that CA, like many other states, is in debt,  is because of the union (organized crime) contracts they signed that requires them to pay for health care and big pensions to union (organized crime) workers for doing little work.  The states can’t afford it and are going broke because of it.

• Rcotton

Exactly!

• Jackfennessy

Are you hiring?

• http://www.facebook.com/people/David-Bailey/100002352951794 David Bailey

Jumping the shark

• Anonymous

Dude. Right NOW…
      I’d TRUELY feel SAFER AROUND A GREAT WHITE!!! LOL

• Anonymous

The 99% of OWS are CommUNist…  ;(()

• http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1557018200 Erik Olson

Look a disasterfamily.com — entertaining reads on that. Also RiotPlanner.com 

• http://davidsmusingsthoughts.blogspot.com/ David

“Join us or we’ll beat the hell out of you.”  Yeah, Occupy just full of young, bright people who have the best interests of Americans in their hearts.   And, if you don’t believe them…just let them know.  They’ll convince you otherwise.

• Pi

Damn idiots. “People like you are the reason California is in debt.”

Really? Someone opting not to join in a circus freak-show that is resulting in no tangible change is the reason California is a mess? It wouldn’t be the thousands (millions?) of useless sponges, misguided policies and God-knows-what-else that has brought the Golden State to its knees?

Some student simply minding her own business – I thought “choice”, tolerance and all that was a big thing among these types – gets a bottle to the face from some hopped-up neo-hippie who, most likely, doesn’t know the first thing about anything he hasn’t heard/learned in a classroom (at Berkeley, no less…I’m sure he’s not getting a warped, tilted view of “how the world works” there).

That’s just great. Everyone’s officially gone nuts.

• Anonymous

THIS is where a SAWED OFF 12 GUAGE comes in MIGHTY HANDY!!!! the results are a SLIGHT UGLY but it gets your MESSAGE ACROSS REAL FAST!!!

• http://profiles.google.com/slobo.cromer6 Franklin Cromer

These OCU people need to be collected and humanely put to sleep…

• Elbowdrager

taht is stomp not stop

• http://pulse.yahoo.com/_F6P4NZ7MX53PITGBZCY7WIGL6Y Larry Pool

these left monkeys think its all about them pretty tough man doing that to a woman just because shes not an idiot

• Elbowdrager

Let me make this clear ALL OWS People are BAD APPLES

• Elbowdrager

Please use pepper spray as an assist tool.

• Elbowdrager

All police force’s have my permission to stop OWS heads ASAP

• stevefraser

When given a chance the Left always chooses the path of violence (Check out Obama’s idol Franz Fanon as someone obsessed with hate and violence).

• Anonymous

I know this story is boogas.
    They want you to believe their is someone at berkeley
    with an IQ greater than 1.

• Anonymous

it’s a shame that one jerk help to label a whole group of people…i’m sure that most ‘occupiers’ are peaceful…then again, it’s hard to take any of them seriously since there is no ‘end-game’ or outcome…no way to tell when their protests have gotten them the concessions they seek…it really is a rather unintelligent, disorganized crowd, and this is why dudes like the ‘you’re the problem’ guy are allowed to be a part…the ‘occupiers’ are looking for numbers over substance, volume over quality and histrionics over reason…

• http://pulse.yahoo.com/_YPUCLC7NWBUBVI6SAO7DKNTC2A Tingles Matthews

These kiddies have their heads filled with crap spewed from the mouths of their former campus radical leftist professors.  Then they go out with delusions about re-enacting the 60’s peace movement.  Too bad Cali doesn’t get NY winters.

• Anonymous

Actually, these OWS bozos are protesting  against those former hippies of the 60’s and 70’s who became part of the establishment (Steve Jobs, etc.) and are now part of the “1%”.  Ironic, huh??

• Katerussell010

No, the protestors are spoiled children, unwilling to earn a living or live within their means. They are as much as part of the problem as the Socialist proponents of bail-outs, liar loans, and other forms of unrealistic spending and borrowing. People such as Steve Jobs are the solution, not the problem. Capitalists create millions of jobs, affordable products, art, and convenience for everyone. If the protestors really wanted to improve the world, they would learn to shop responsibly, researching the companies/countries they wish to boycott, and then work at improving themselves. John Galt – where are you?!!?

• Anonymous

The professors at Cal are part of the 1%.  They just pretend otherwise.

• http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=742753655 Adam Hendricks

Typical leftist dirtbag.   I nearly got killed twenty years ago for the high crime of walking by “People’s” Park while dressed in professional clothes on my way to an appointment.   A ten lbs. chunk of concrete with rebar flew inches past my head.  If it had hit me, I could’ve been killed or permanently disabled.    I turned around and a crowd of dirtbags was just milling about as if nothing happened.   I don’t care for the World the left wants to make for all of us, because I’ve dealt with far too many of the leftists who want to force that reality on everybody else.  They are totalitarian thugs bent on building a hell on Earth.   They cover up their goals with a load of happy egalitarian BS, but what is so egalitarian about assaulting people who don’t do as you command? 

• Anonymous

Sounds like you were assaulted by hobos, not leftists. As for “assaulting people who don’t do as you command,” talk to the police in NY, Oakland and Seattle.

• Mishka1

Except that the police are allowed to command people…and guess what; if you do what they say, you won’t get hurt.

• By the dawn’s early light…

Typical leftist. You know better than the person to whom this actually happened, don’t you? You’re so habituated to making up the story and trying to shove it down everyone’s throat that you didn’t stop to see how nonsensical your version is. Hobos?! Really, now. And the police are always the bad guys, of course. It seems to me the police have been far too restrained. #Occupy is a dirty mix of anarchists, communists, and useful idiots. They are enemies of the country, and should be treated accordingly. Now.

• Anonymous

Ha ha, “Communists.” Still living in the last century, and on a government check no doubt.

“They are enemies of the country, and should be treated accordingly. Now.” Who’s the “totalitarian thug” now, old timer? 

• http://profiles.yahoo.com/u/EFFFPRXJISYNMHPQKDHUNWHSOE quixel2000

That would be ou ya douche! And if you were not so narowminded and full of sh1t you would kow or you do kow that may i your boewl movemet call for socialism and commuism as the aswer for everything..ow who is livig under a rock  hmmm that would be douchey Podgooey!

• Anonymous

Here is your typical conservative, people: two largely illiterate sentences, two excremental references. He is emblematic of wingnuts everywhere. Embrace your avatar.

• aRepublicrat4+6+1=11!

dumbass

• http://profiles.google.com/sid.ray Allen Ray

Well then, perhaps you would like to retort my clear and well thought response.

BITE ME SOCIALIST TRASH!!

• Anonymous

Please keep your masturbatory sexual fantasies to yourself. I’m straight.

• Anonymous

You need to face reality.  Communists are very real people. The beloved van Jones is a self declared communist.  Today in Red China aka Mainland China is home to more communists than there were during Stalin’s purges in the 1930s. 

• Anonymous

And you need to live in the present. Never heard of Van Jones. China has wholeheartedly embraced capitalism. Go there: McDonalds, KFC and Walmart stores are everywhere.  If you truly have a beef with China, take it up with the free trading politicians and American corporations. They’re the ones propping up the economy and the political system there.

• TroubledPatriot

How can you have never heard of Van Jones?? sheesh! Proves how much of a moron you are!

• Anonymous

Well, some of us have to work. We can’t all sit around on our backsides watching FOX News, and drawing government checks, as so many of you Tea Party conservatives do.

• aRepublicrat4+6+1=11!

dumbass

You really think that don’t you? You honestly sit there and accuse the Tea Party of being lazy. You really think the drain on the economy is conservatives. Not the endless government money pit programs, not the constant overspending pushed through by liberals. You, sir, are an idiot.

• Anonymous

Yes, because it is the truth. More than 45% of Tea Party adherents don’t work, and many of those are on various forms of government assistance. You may not want it to be true, but it is. Name calling can’t change the facts.

I don’t necessarily begrudge them their benefits, it’s the hypocrisy from them and from people like yourself that is annoying.

Besides, that Koch-funded “movement” is dead anyway. 

• knuckledragginrightwingnutjob

Oh, Lord…the ignorance.  Remember, folks, guys like this vote…and procreate.

• Anonymous

Ha Ha “folks.” ThanksJed! Still 45% of you Tea Party types don’t work.

• aRepublicrat4+6+1=11!

dumbass

• Captaincorrect

so because there is KFC and McDonalds China is not Communist? LOL  

• Anonymous

Not clear on your points Podognrey.  The Communists are real (correct, not in China) and they are backing Occupy.  This is a known fact.  The Unions and the Nazis are also proudly marching with Occupiers and Occupiers have said nothing negative about it (seems like there is redundancy when you say Occupier, Communist, Nazi, and Union … but that is another story).  Occupiers are chanting Communist and Fascist songs by the hundreds (in a speaker says it and crowd echoes it style).  Communism is alive, as is Nazi-ism, and Unionism.  All overlap greatly, but they are all alive and they are all behind Occupy.  What I don’t get is why the Occupiers are going into churches that suppor them AND let them use their facilities, and they still defacate all over the inside of the church.  Forgetting for a moment that most of them hate Christianity … it’s still wrong to do that to any organization that is helping you and letting you use their services freely.

• Anonymous

tl;dr

• aRepublicrat4+6+1=11!

dumbass….

• Joesntch

Hobos ARE leftists!

not all hobos..maybe professional oes are but some actually are willing to ork for food and money.It is just sad that those that scam everyone else give the poor unfortunate bad raps =( ad make the rest of us question their agenda!! Those scamming are leftist to the core..I usually offer food as they congregate near a drive through fast food place so i kow the money os not goig to booze or in some persons pocket that has more money then me and is just some left wing evil mofo trying to  abuse the god nature of the rest f us that are more to the right that actually care about the plight f others suffering!!!

• Wlv

fyi hobos have values and they looked for work……when they said “will work for food”….they meant it

• Captaincorrect

yes, that makes sense.  Let’s ascribe group think now to “hobos”…Yup, they have an awesome work ethic…You can always tell that people are sincere is they hold up signs.

Q: Are you a one off or do you come from an esteemed line of Village Idiots?

No sounds lke he/she was attacked for looking Professional and or working for a living..Something that the Left Wing radicals have a long history of doing!! Just imagine if the guy/girl were black what other verbal jabs(uncle tom and such)would have been hurled at them as they had the sh1t beat out of them for not conforming to the liberal mentality way of how everyone else NEEDS to act or ELSE!!!!

• aRepublicrat4+6+1=11!

270 arrested in nyc, at last count.
        you suck, as does your point, you also, get a dumbass award…dumbass….

• Anonymous

Clearly, aRepublicrat4+6+1=11!, you are a hobo, albeit an unusual one in that you rely on the government for your daily bread and medical care (like most Tea Party adherents), while the rest of us have to work.

Now, hobo, reinforce my point by typing “dumbass” again.

If the shoe fits….

• Anonymous

Let me finish that for you: “If the shoe fits, the Tea Bagger will try to get the government to buy it for him, together with his Hoveround Power Chair.”

• Captaincorrect

do hush up jackass. Yea, the problem is not the raping, robbing, publc defecation it’s the cops….Spoken like a not very bright 12 years old who is the offspring of some really stupid parents.

• JapesMacfarland

I had similar incident., but just eggs. I got hit, but thank God you didn’t! Scary stuff. The Left is, by definition, seems to always include and need the lowest common denominator.  They’ve got it completely backwards in their accusations, as usual.

• Malcom

if you are smart you carry a gun. EVERYONE HAS A RIGHT TO DEFEND THEMSELVES. NO politician on earth can take that away.

• consrcunts

Everyone has a right to defend *himself*.  Illiterate buffoon!

• Mspurek

Another example of why ignorance and stupidity are our real enemies.

• http://www.facebook.com/people/Bill-Jones/100001993248790 Bill Jones

“Wearing a brown and green knit cap with earflaps”    Anarchist head gear!!!

• Anonymous

Could be a Green Bay Packer fan

• LibsAreCommies

If she was armed she could have unloaded an entire clip on the thug. The moment someone threatens to harm you with a weapon (the metal bottle) you’re in the clear.
    PS: It’s time the police started shooting these domestic terrorists.

• Anonymous

These liberals will freek the first time they attempt this with a licensed and armed citizen who does unload a magazine on them. The most important thing to remember is not to pop your mag and reload that indicates intent… lmao

• consrcunts

Have you come yet, or are you still stroking?

• Anonymous

intelligent response… 

• Anonymous

She should thank her lucky stars that all it was was a water bottle. The fact is that this “99% moron” crew isn’t fit to work in a car wash. You can bet that as an employer, if I have an applicant, I will outsource to see whether I can find that person in a video as a member of the OWS. If so, I will not hire said “person.” You say you have a 1st Am right to occupy? I say I have a 1st Am right to associate with whom I want, and so far, OWS is not a protected class. Thus, if I were you, I’d make sure I was wearing  mask so you could disavow being associated with OWS when you come asking for a job – if I’m hiring. To make this clear, pair up people who are black, Irish, Jewish, white, asian, muslim, etc. etc. One of the pair is a Tea Party member; the other is a member of the OWS. The Tea Party member gets the job – every time.

• http://pulse.yahoo.com/_D7TWECEZYQZAAE3N2DFHHJTU7M Neal

VERY WELL SAID! Good luck with your business; I have a job but if I didnt, I would be forwarding you my resume!
      GOD BLESS AMERICA! GOD “SAVE” THE REPUBLIC IN 2012!

• consrcunts

Are the quotes around the word “save” intended to suggest that the word is used ironically?

• BinLaten

Just get their names and google their facebook pages.  You will know who not to hire in 10 minutes.

• Anonymous

I agree that this works to some extent; but there are young people out there who are, perhaps, diamonds in the rough, and who don’t yet understand the power of social media to both enhance and ruin your life. Before the internet, college students could do all kinds of crazy stuff and their employers would never know about it. Now – if you’re not careful, such knowledge is a click away. Additionally, the fact is that knowing this people are often savvy enough to know the game and to play it better by creating personas or by making sure that their public face in social media is “employment friendly.” But a video, showing the faces of the urchins who Occupy – that would be very helpful to me as a potential employer. Again – Occupy is not a protected class. And if I see you in an Occupy video, you can bet your last welfare or begged-for dollar that I won’t be employing you.

• cb-51

Occupy a job…

• http://pumping-irony.livejournal.com/ Wilbur Post

That would be hilarious if it weren’t so pathetic and stupid.

• http://www.facebook.com/people/John-P-Center/1571185345 John P Center

people like the OWS clowns and mooches are the reason

• Anonymous

“The “occupiers” are the post-digested remains of the natural journey through the intestinal tract of the metastasizing liberal ideology in education and pop culture”. – Derek Hunter

mostly i would say it is what fell out of the south end of a male bovine that is walking towards canada.

• AL -H

AMEN   BROTHER !!!!

• Donclutter

Amen to the perp, or amen to the visc?

• Stfr1234

Aren’t they just a way to distract from O?

• Rankles

Yes, OWS is an Obama re-election ploy.

• SnowWolf

I can’t imagine people dumb enough to vote twice for this huge steaming pilr of fail…but I guess they exist

• the devil

Just about every European nation favors our present administration for its successes. Many of our enemies have been destroyed, but our millionaires in this country keep telling us to piss our own beds and like it so we don’t smell their stink.

• Salty_skye

could you tell me which european nation favor our present admin?  Because all I hear is how they are laughing at our pres and his moose, and they are beginning to greatly regret their own socialist policies.  you must read completely different papers than I….or maybe it’s that you don’t read any?  and just spew this bs to impress yourself?  yes I’m sure that’s what it is.

• Jim_Wright

Yes they do, and they are called OWS.

• the devil

Oh, then you really did enjoy spending $11,000 per month to rent a mansion for president Yudof. Look, while you’re scrapping about the meddlesome lies that keep being recycled about the present administration, the rug you’re standing on is being yanked out from under you and you like that because the face that’s on who’s doing the yanking. You’ve disguised your racism from yourself more than anybody else.

• Tomx7

This article isn’t even about the Occupy movement and it doesn’t sound like it was a liberal thing considering he said “People like you are the reason that California is in debt”.  Sounds more like a protest regarding some kind of overspending so it’s surprising to me to see people in the Tea Party movement talking trash on these protestors.  Do any of you even read these articles or do you just see the headlines and instantly graffiti the comments section?

• Brandon

Wow, you’re dumb. Did you stop to think that maybe he said “People like you are the reason that California is in debt” because he meant that if she didn’t go to the protest then she supports not taxing “the rich” and doesn’t support his misguided and stupid belief that we should tax, tax, tax and spend, spend, spend to save the economy?

Do you read any articles or jump straight to the comments? Have you paid attention to any of what’s going on? The fact that a Flea Party social reject did this should not be a shock to anyone.

• Anonymous

I usually go straight to the comments. Articles are mostly written by journalists…  (need I say more?)

• Sammy4231

Tax aluminum bottles and knit caps! 
          Now they’re threatening to shut down the west coast. 
          Where will they get the aluminum bottles and knit caps we’re going to tax to fix this economy? 
          Retarrrrrrrrrrrrrded. LOL

• TiredOfStupidExcuses

“protest on Sproul Plaza” … really? it doesn’t sound like a liberal thing? the OWS movement is blaming the looming debt on the 1%ers for not paying more. The debt exists because the gov’t is spending over $1T more annually … its not because the 1%ers are paying $1T less annually. Do you read the articles but not follow the content?

• http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1384363152 Scott Keller

Actually, the debt is because of neither of the above.  The debt is because the politicians have no clue about what sovereign money is and not a single one of them demonstrates the ability to bring forth an innovative thought.  Income taxes should go away for all “classes”, not be increased.  The debt could be eliminated in 6 months to a year with just a small amount of innovation and a paradigm shift.  Neither Tea Partiers nor OWS protesters seem to have gotten far enough through the manipulative fog to recognize the unlimited options that exist.

• Johnjasonw

Wow that is brilliant!  You gave not one way to solve the debt in 6mo. but yet said it was simple and we are too stupid to get it.  Ironic isn’t it?  innovation is a insanely broad example!  Why not say “it would be easy if they just thought about it harder”.  Now I am brilliant!

• Anonymous

It would be more like a year, but the FairTax would solve the budget deficit problem in about a 12 months.  Ending the National Debt would take till 2020 or so, but would be done without an increase in taxes or drastic reduction in spending.  

If folks were willing to reduce spending to 2008 levels, it would take a couple years less.  Once you understand the FairTax, you’ll demand it.

• Wyrdless

How can the govt raise an extra $1.3 trillion without raising taxes?

Eliminating the debt by 2020 would require an extra $3 trillion in revenue.  Even more absurd.

This doesn’t come even close to passing the smell test.

• Jimcoyle

The policy of the American government is to leave their citizens free, neither restraining nor aiding them in their pursuits. Thomas jefferson

• Grover

This is true, The Federal Goverenment is spending 40% more than it takes in (1.5 out of 4 trillion), To pay the debt down in eight years is another 2 trillion a year. Taxes must be raised by 3.5 trillion dolars or over 100%. No Flat tax less than 30% or vat of the same magnitude will solve the problem.

• Oldhighlandguy

Wrong and wrong!!  Increasing taxes has never solved this type of problem.  Look at all of Europe.  Because of the high taxes, they have had to go totally socialist.  That includes Germany with which I am very familiar.  Increase taxes and our government will just waste more money on useless projects.
            Take a look at California, with it’s high tax rate, and it is broke.  More taxes, more wasted.  Learn to use only what you have like we have to do in our home.

• Wyrdless

Wow, it is almost like you didn’t even read Kicker’s post which I was replying to.

Kicker specifies that there is no need for tax increase or spending cuts if we choose to use a ‘fair tax’.

Obviously that is absurd.  No where in my post did I mention increasing taxes.  I said revenue.

I also prefer spending cuts to invigorate the economy.  I also support replacing the income tax on people under $80k with tarrifs on foreign goods made in countries with no environmental protections.

• Anonymous

Tariffs on foreign goods so that people who make under $80,000 can no longer afford to buy things? Geez, that makes sense….

• Wyrdless

You forgot the other half of the proposal.

Eliminate income tax.

Tariffs are constitutional, income tax isn’t.

• Anonymous

How about we ease our ludicrous environmental protections and allow industry back in this country? Ever think of that? Seriously, I truly doubt you’re a businessman. 

• Wyrdless

I have family on Long Island, several of them got cancer becasue they live in an area where people used to dump toxic waste on the ground.

Some regulation is needed.  Dumping teratogens into the ground water is assault

I have my own insurance practice and broker with 5 carriers. 

• Fsgsdfgsf

so you’ve never produced anything – just lived off squeezing yourself int he middle ala Government, that explains it

• Wyrdless

I did construction and worked in a factory while I was in college. I’m also published in a scientific journal. So I have ‘produced’ things and I did my time doing that sort of stuff.

I have actually called people to tell them they are getting tens of thousands of dollars when they are hurt or their husband had motorcycle accident. I also helped a bunch of people before the 2010 crash to not loose their retirement by getting out of the market and into something safe. I consider those things to be productive.

You just don’t like insurance or financial services, so don’t buy it no one is forcing you.

• Guest

This is so tiny!!!!!

• onceabear

During the 80’s, revenue to the govt grew by 80% because of a significant lowering of tax rates.  Stop listening to your commie handlers (professors and union leaders) and look it up!

• Wyrdless

I own my own business and I don’t have professors or union leaders

Why don’t you take your tin foil hat off for a little while and listen to something other than Glenn Beck, not everyone is part of the vast left wing conspiracy which is trying to impose Shariah law. (LOL) 

In the 80’s tax rates were very high, which isn’t as true now (ever heard of the laffer curve?).  Obviously revenues will increase the US came out of the 1970’s stagflation crisis right about then.  Furthermore, inflation, population growth and increased productivity are also partly to blame for increasing revenue.

I am more interested in revenue as a percent of GDP as calculated in 1980.  Saying revenue went up is meaningless outside of that frame of reference.

• Anonymous

What kind of business owner would ever think “raising taxes” is a way to increase income? 

• http://www.facebook.com/people/Daniel-Pickering/100001315641921 Daniel Pickering

An OWS liberal startup in mommie’s basement  “business” owner.  Oh hold it, thats called a toilet.

• Wyrdless

Nice talking points troll.

Did you cut and paste that from “The Blaze”?

• Wyrdless

No one mentioned raising taxes.

This discussion was about growth rates in the 80’s versus 90’s and the erroneous notion that more growth happened in the 80s than 90s

• consrcunts

Er…a responsible one who isn’t solely concerned with squeezing as much short-term gain as possible out of his company?

• Nixon

Wow ! Much anger form you. Perhaps you should join your nearest occupy party protest.

• Wyrdless

Dude, he called me a commie for no reason and he was wrong.   I’m not going to write him a love letter.

I’ve been to occupy a few times.  I think it is fascinating how those people are spontaneously organizing.  You should check it out if only to walk through and see I with your own eyes that strange mix of humanity.

Also, the food really is awesome and you can grab a free plate.

• Salty_skye

the food they force people to give them?  or the food  they scared the true homeless people away from?

• Wyrdless

I was at occupy Boston. There is a kitchen area with a table full of food. People just walk up and eat whatever is on the table.

They have a lots of rice, beans, and potatoes. I also saw a few random middle class crunchy people stop by and drop off trays of brownies, salads, chicken and quinoa/tomatoe/cucumber salad. I was standing near the food table giving out DVDs about ending the fed and saw quite a few people do this. A local farmer is also shipping food in for free.

Say what you like about them, the left makes some really good food.

• Nixon

from I meant. I am not a crook.

• Wyrdless

I “looked it up” and I found…

Under Bill Clinton in the 1990’s increases in, per capita, inflation adjusted revenue went up faster than under Reagen.

• Gunnin

Yes it was called the dot com boom and it had nothing to do with politicians except that they managed to at least in part stay out of the way. Imagine how much better it would have been with Lower tax rates!

• Celtnik

Correct, he also seems to forget that Republicans had control starting in ’94 and balanced the budget, Reagan had a Democrat controlled congress unwilling to stop spending.  The fact of the matter is that revenues DID rise with the Reagan tax
            cuts just as they did under Clinton AFTER the Cap Gains cut.  If higher tax rates meant more revenue, then the Goverment would have
            been swimming in cash during the Johnson/Nixon/Ford/Carter years.

• Wyrdless

I agree 100%. 

However That doesn’t change the fact that growth in the 90s was higher than growth in the 80s on an inflation adjusted, per capita basis

• http://pulse.yahoo.com/_7WJWAUD4KATKVPCQ62IYB3TAPQ davidm

And  did Slick willie do anything? yes the one thing he did was LET NEWT AND THE REPUBLICAN CONGRESS MAKE THE LAWS, that is what Slick willie did and now he is taking credit. Willie did not come into office with a real depession like Reagan did.

• bob

Use the tax code to collect taxes instead of using it to pick winners and revenue would grow, no smell test needed

• Anonymous

Simple, you grow the economy.  The FairTax is based on GDP.  With a GDP right now of about $15 trillion, the FairTax would raise about $3.4 trillion.  Studies have shown that the FairTax, has it been passed on 2010, would have raised more money than the income tax.  So, the FairTax at $3.4 trillion, or the income tax at $2.2 trillion

And since the FairTax would grow the economy much faster than the income tax, studies show, it would continue to raise substantially more each year.  And the excess could be used to pay down the National Debt.  All, and it is a big all, we have to do is get Congress to control spending at current levels or below.  Otherwise, they can obviously spend faster than we can produce it, and no tax system at all can work.  

• Wyrdless

I checked out the website.  Very Interesting.  I have some questions:

1> How will the tax be applied in states like New Hampshire where they don’t have a state sales tax?

2> Will the tax be applied to the purchase of financial goods like stocks and options contracts?  What about annuities and insurance?

3> How are the prebates handled?  Do they send an identical check to every man woman and baby who registers?  What stops people from not working and just collecting the check?

4> How would eBay, Craigslist, and garage sales be handled?  Is a distinction made between new and used goods?

Looking forward to your response.

• Anonymous

You are asking several good questions, and I might point you to our website, http://www.ohfairtax.org.  I have several columns I’ve written that address some of your issues.  

Quickly though, every legal citizen can register for the prebate and get it.  Whether they work or not.  The FairTax does not believe you should pay taxes just to live, so all purchases up to the poverty level are “untaxed” via the prebate.

States like NH could either set up their own agency, or have their state taxes collected via the small part of the IRS that would remain.  It will be up to the states, but I suspect most will have the monies flow through them.

The FairTax will apply to financial services, so that portion of the stock/bond/annuity/insurance purchases associated with the service will be taxed.  On a 5% loan, for instance, it would increase the loan rate to 5.04%.  (Don’t hold be too tight on that since it depends on a several factors. )

Insurance, the service portion, is subject to tax, but the benefits are untaxed by including a payment for all taxes to be paid.  

If you’d like more info, please feel free to  contact me through the website.  I’m running out of space here. 

• Anonymous

It doesn’t need to raise “an extra $1.3 trillion” in taxes. It needs to eliminate the extra $1.5 trillion in expenditures. Discriminate between earned (SS, medicare, pensions, etc.) and unearned (Medicaid, food stamps, etc.) entitlements and curtail or eliminate the latter along with both DoEs, DoC, DOL, HUD and funding for Iraq and Afghanistan and you’re there.

• Wyrdless

First, I said revenue not taxes.

Do you know the difference between taxes and revenue?

Second, we were talking about the fair tax and the other guy said it would raise revenue by growing the economy

Although it seems like a good system I don’t think the fair tax system can increase revenue by 3 trillion a year.  Seems a bit of a stretch

• Anonymous

Sorry, I was skim-reading and misinterpreted your post. Please delete the words “in taxes” from mine and I’ll let the rest stand.

• Chrioii

You’re brilliant, only in your dreams.

• Sfgsf

does NASA know you’re moonlighting?

• Joesntch

Excuse me, but the foolishness which you are postulating would result in MORE unemployment and MORE unpaid debt. 

• Anonymous

The was nothing postulated in the post.  Fantasy is the stuff they follow in DC. Don’t attack imagery solutions.

• Anonymous

you mean like Adobe Fireworks? 

• nativeam

Ron Paul for Secretary of the Treasury.

• OG Republican

Cain/Ryan2012

• Hogjowl agin

Ryan voted for TARP & Cain woulduv.

• Wyrdless

LOL!  funniest thing I’ve read all day.

• Grover

Ryan also just voted against the Balanced budget  proposal in the house, while giving some lame excuse as to why. He has lost it IMHO

• spanky405

The Balanced Budget Amendment that was voted on did  not have spending caps, or spending cuts. In effect this means that the only way to balance budget is to increase taxes. Congress will not cut spending we’ve seen that.  So all this does is force future Republicans to vote for more taxes because now they are forced to by the Constitution.  I applaud that  Ryan did not vote for the bill. 

• Grover

If Congress was required to Tax as much as they wanted to spend, there would be a natural limit on the size of the federal government. The Pain of a tax increase would effect the tax payers at the same time as the Pleasure of a spending increase. There would (should) be a balance. Currently spending does not need to be supported by taxes, only debt. And the Pain of the Debt is incurred by future taxpayers, who do not vote in current elections.

The Cap on spending in only wanted  as a scapegoat so the BBA can fail.

So Ryan, by not putting a limit on congress, is voting for the current model of unlimited congression spending power, unfettered by the need to pay back the debt.

He should have Walked the Walk

• bruce b.

I concur. He’s a good Congressman but he needs to go to a position where he can do something to help get us out of this fiscal mess were in now.

• Hogjowl

No paradigm shift in our future. Only gloom,despair & agony on me.Deep dark depression,excessive misery.If it twernt for bad luck I’d have no luck at all. Gloom despair and agony on me.

• Randy

HEEEEEE HAAAAAAA.  Hee Haw.  I miss that show.

• Carl Koch

Watch CSPAN I or II

• Baldy Kirby from Atlanta

I was thinking the same thing!

Wish we could get back to the days of Hee Haw.  They weren’t perfect, but at least the leftist commies weren’t totally in control in Congress.

That was back when communists were considered our ENEMIES. not our so-called president & gang of lying thieves…

• consrcunts

So does everyone else whose family tree doesn’t fork.

• Anonymous

Scott thank you for enlightening me as I am lowly and uninformed. Phrases like “paradigm shift” are empty corporate babble. How do you propose eliminating $15 trillion dollars in debt when the yearly GDP is roughly the same, and all within 6 months? Please do me a favor and share some more of that paradigm shifting knowledge of yours.

• Anonymous

The “secret” to eliminating the National Debt is to increase the economy substantially.  The only proposal out there that will do that is the FairTax.  

Under the FairTax, the economy would see a 10% increase the first year, and average 5% to 7% for the following decade.  If spending is held constant (a big IF I admit), the budget surpluses generated by the FairTax could pay down the National Debt by 2020.    If we could get Congress to return to 2008 levels, the ND would be paid off a couple of years earlier.All without raising tax rates!!Once you understand the FairTax, you’ll demand it.

• Logical1

Eliminate all non defense spending,  across the board 50%tax cut unless you employ illegal immigrants then you get an increase.
            Remove restrictions on domestic business. Basically stay out of business’ way and allow free enterprise and capitalism to work. 

• http://www.facebook.com/people/Mark-Stevens/1543188906 Mark Stevens

Scott-please elaborate. I’d like to see how it could be done.

• Anonymous

Fact: When do I vote for you and other proggies that have these mind altering solutions!!!! By the way can you just give me a paycheck now?

• postofficemike

Turn everything over to the libs. Oh, that’s right…they can’t even agree with the great ideas of the right on the budget! C’mon libs, bring America down!

• http://www.facebook.com/KABarry1901 Kevin A Barry

Please explain, how does the over spending stop ? 

• Grover

The overspending stops with a balanced buget amendment. It would force spending & revenue to be (nearly) equal. The Gain of spending increases would have to be offset by the Pain of tax increaases. The current model is the Pain of tax increases for todays Gain has been shifted to non-voting future tax payers. No other way will work.

• Oldhighlandguy

Scott, I kinda like what you said there.  I think you are correct.

• Anonymous

Don’t mix terms. Debt and deficit are not the same. Deficit is how much we overspend our income. The debt is at $15 trillion which is 5 times the annual fed budget.

• http://www.facebook.com/michael.spurlock Michael Spurlock

FYI: The use of the term, “sovereign money” is a tip-off you are either an Occutard or a Paulbot.

• consrcunts

Either is better than being a salesman or a usurer.

WE are the 99%, the flea baggers are the 1%

• Wind21

Tom, your comment is interesting but cops using flash grenades is just so cool.

• retired, but not stupid,,,

>>As many as 10,000 students and Occupy activists overflowed UC Berkeley’s Sproul Plaza on Tuesday night<<

and you say it is not a liberal protest.. …… 

• Anonymous

The “protest’ is a social event for the participants. 

• consrcunts

As opposed to Tea Party events, where learned papers are presented by academics.  Oh wait–never mind, all academics are LIBZ!  Ignorance is truly bliss, is it not?

• Anonymous

A Tea Party person would never have committed this crime so why do you even mention that movement in your response? Sounds like an “Occupier” who just can’t figure out why everyone doesn’t want to spend time with the public defacators and other assorted vermin of society.

My apologies to the few non vermin among them.

• aRepublicrat4+6+1=11!

there are non vermin!?

• Brandon

I think I saw ONE

• matthew

James Anthony Traficant, Jr look him up.they even threw him in prison for not putting up with their bullshit, and calling them out as the lying thieving whores and traitors they all are.

• Randy Marsh

You mean, the 1%? XD

• Irishmob

tomx7, these morons have no clue what their protesting, but this losert likely was a english lit major that can’t believe he isn’t making 100,000 a year////

• Joesntch

The ones who get on my nerves are the folks who come to my place of business and expect to make six figures when they have absolutely no job experience and a M.S. in some off the wall subject like “African Architecture, How to Build a Better Mud Hut”! Who the heck would hire a loser like that for ANY position?!

• Joesntch

Conservatives understand business, liberals only understand how to whine and complain.

• sukinthamiddle

That is why Bush started 2 wars and gave tax cuts.

• aRepublicrat4+6+1=11!

bush started two wars. and gave tax cuts.

you, are a moron. and not a very educated moron.
            just a run of mill, stupid twat.

• Anonymous

Do you blame Bush for why your father never played catch with you?

• consrcunts

Bush did, in fact, start two wars and give tax cuts.  Nobody can deny this.  Your frivolous question seems designed to deflect attention from facts.  Do you normally engage in this kind of intellectual dishonesty?

• No Shit Sherlock

Obama did, in fact, escalate & continue both wars, start new wars, and extended those tax cuts.

I guess that makes Obama just as bad as Bush.

Oops.

• consrcunts

What a lovely leap to conclusions.  I defy you to cite anything I’ve posted that indicates my approval of Obama.

• Samwoods77

Obama started pakistan, Yemen, Libya, Somalia, car/Uganda and extended the bush tax cuts. Same boss different day, but the limousine liberals can’t admit it.

• Captaincorrect

you mean the tax cuts that led to hire tax collections???   Why are you liberal idiots so clueless as to not understand that throughout history when tax rates went down revenues went up.  Do you know the difference between revenue and tax rates? I don’t think you do…

• Ahkirby

Oh, so, 9/11 was OK with you, sucky?

And you’re one of those douchebags that refuses to acknowledge that Bush’s tax cuts moved us out of the CLINTON-caused recession.

Typical lying liberal (yeah, I know, that’s redundant).  Stupid blood clot is still reciting BS from the Daily KAOS and Moron.org.

• consrcunts

As if either Afghanistan or Iraq had anything to do with 9/11…

OBL was hiding out in fucking Pakistan the whole time, and he’s related to the House of Sa’ud.  Yet we didn’t attack Pakistan or Saudi; hmm, I wonder why?

• Casper

Tax cuts are not ‘given’, moron! Check the stories again. War was declared on us, genius!

• Ghdhgf

bwahahaha – I told them mentally retarded cellar dwellers could use computers – you proved me right!

• Stevcrawf1

Mud hut builders, dummy!!

• Anonymous

The “in debt” statement meant the assault victim didn’t agree that the rich were the cause of CA’s debt crisis. This is ALL about the fecal head “occupiers”. They are the anarchists and revolutionaries taking orders from Obama.  Trying to drag the TP into this speaks to your motives.
        Now go ahead and fire up another crack pipe!

• Captaincorrect

I wasn’t aware that a requirement of being a
          “revolutionary” was that you wallow in your own excrement.

• That JustHappened

This can’t be an Occupy related event, she wasn’t raped.

• Anonymous

Is that what the Occupy movement is all about?  Its been sort of difficult to interpret based on the Marxist signs we see.

• Anonymous

Tomx7,  You call a jerk who asks a question and doesn’t get the right answer, so therefore blurts out a childlike statement of 2nd grade mentality and hurls a missile into a young girl’s face a “MAN PROTESTING SOME KIND OF OVERSPENDING” ???  The logic in your rambling is so convoluted, it makes a corkscrew look like a long thin finishing nail.

• Rho1953

Can’t you comprehend what you read, you moron? It said he attacked her AFTER she said she WASN’T going to the protest. You must be a liberal, you can’t glean the simplest facts from the article.

• Hogjowls

They have diverse excuses for their protestations. No two are alike so don’t blame it on the Right if it happens to sounds familiar.

• Tom Genin

Tomx7 is further evenindence of the liberal lefty lemming mind. An “Occupy” protester demonstarates their inherent thuggishness when a girl won’t join their protest, and then this nitwit tries to twist that into a Tea Party issue. 

When Occupy “goals” are filled with Marxist theft for unattainable economic drivel, the Occupy deserve all the derision they get. They’re a bunch of losers who only base what they “want” based on what other people “have.”

Occupiers aren’t calling for less gov’t spending when they want a guaranteed wage, wheteher they work or not! With unlimited, unearned spending like that, occupiers and the Tea Party have nothing in common.

• Anonymous

The OWS movement doesn’t want to reduce government, or stop the government payouts; they just want the payouts shifted from the bankers and Wall Street to them.  

It really is “All about them” and what they want.  It has little or nothing to do with good governance or what is good for the Nation.

• Phillipsage

Really, more liberal slim. Putting your bad behavior on to others as a way to distract from the true nature of liberalism. Socialism is like cancer. You either totally remove it or it will kill the entire system.

• Anonymous

Tomx7, you’re the one who doesn’t read the articles.  Don’t you even know the premise of the Occupy movement? The assailant said “People like you are the reason that California is in debt”, because he believes the one percent of the income earners aren’t taxed enough and if they were taxed more, it would relieve the debt.

• Dbubba

If you really want to relieve the debt, abolish the Federal Reserve and pay them back in monopoly money, the same thing they lend to us in trade for REAL property.  Put the politicians who back the reserve in prison, and start issuing new greenbacks.  You don’t need gold or silver to back fiat money.  THAT is what causes inflation and deflation… tying the amount printed to a FINITE resource.  Each dollar issued (no matter how many) would be equivalent to the same amount… a dollar is a dollar is a dollar.  There is no reason for inflation and deflation EXCEPT for the feds to CONTROL us.  Stop blaming HONEST rich people for being rich.  I will whole heartedly agree to imprison DISHONEST rich people who obtained their riches through deceit and dishonesty.  The only difference between a petty thief and a rich one is that one thinks BIGGER than the other.  Either one would sell you down the river for profit.

• aRepublicrat4+6+1=11!

you also, are stupid.
            just finish community college economics, not likely, if you had, youd know more.
            go back to your piggy bank. whatever you do, please stop with your pedantic psychobabble.
            we arent as stupid as you assume we are.
            dumbass.

• Northlander

Oops!  Tea Party guys are PRO-AMERICAN.  Occupy bedbug rats are ANTI-AMERICAN.  That’s the difference honey.

• http://www.facebook.com/people/Bob-Sheep/100002471189052 Bob Sheep

The OWS people  not doing stupid crap are pro-American.  They just have a different idea of how to solve our current problems than you do. 

• Northlander

Yup.  OWS want to take earnings from us who go to work every day.  In their wet dreams!  They are IDIOTS!

• aRepublicrat4+6+1=11!

they crap in public areas… is that the way you were discussing?

another dumbass…..

• Northlander

Their idea is communist/muslim crap!  It’s never worked in the history of the world.  Sorry.  That’s just the way it is.

• consrcunts

If by “worked” you mean “funneled cash and power into the greedy maw of the already rich and powerful,” you are correct.

• aRepublicrat4+6+1=11!

i read it, twice. tea party wasnt mentioned.  at all.
        you are stupid.

• mr.dr.spacemonkey

the behavior is typical for a reactionary liberal fascist pussy. a tea party participant would have thrown the water bottle in the trash can.  

• Rag

An aluminum water bottle would be an investment and tossing it would be wasteful. All TPers I’ve met would never waste a reusable anything! One lady had a trashbag full of empty water bottle she was taking home to garden with

• ETM

Tomx7.  The Occupy Cal campsite is at Sproul Plaza.  A quick Google would have told you that.  Instead you chose to try to deflect this as being connected to Occupy.

• Anonymous

Can’t speak for anyone else. I just hate the “Occupy movement.” It stands for everything I loathe ideologically. You can call me a Tea Partier if that makes you feel better because then you don’t have to think or deal with the truth about it. I’ve been to a tea party rally. It was very civilized. But that’s the extent of my involvement in the Tea Party.  Personally I like to think of myself as American and I’d bet the same is true of most of the people here.

• Jekyl

How you blithely equate a comment about debt to , “It must be a Tea Partier,” is nothing short of a per fect example of Leftist non-thinking blamers.  First you blamed the Vast White Wing Conspiracy, ala Hillary, then it was blame Bush for everything, and now the Tea Party. 

What colorless thinking.

• King Ghidora

Wow you sound like one of the wackies!  Unlike you we know what the 99% crud types think caused the deficit.  And it is not too much liberalism.  It’s too much corporate welfare and too few corporate taxes and taxes on the super rich (any family making more than $125,000 a year).  It’s those who won’t give more money to the education establishment even though that only results in tuition increases (hey they can afford it now ’cause the gubmit is payin’).  They aren’t even poor people.  They’re the children of the rich they despise.  This is just like the 60’s where the wonderful upper class (they’re thinking, not mine) swoops down and saves us all from the evils of capitalism and the war machine it produced.  Not many poor people got to go to Berkley.  Not many poor people get to camp out for 2 months in a park either.  And only the parent haters and parent shockers could live like such cruds that they allow disease, drug overdoses, rapes, assaults, thefts, and all sorts of illegal activity and demand that no one tell the police.  After all anarchy is always best with communism a close second.  They don’t want more money really.  They want to tick off mom and dad and that’s hard considering their parents were worse than they are.

• Captaincorrect

let me educate you.  COrporate taxes are passed on to consumers.  We have the second highest corporate tax rates in the Western World.   The “super rich” make $125K per year?  You can’t live in NYC genius on $125K per year.

Also genius do you understand the difference between “wealth” and “income”? I don’t think you do.  In  fact I know you don’t.  Most of the “rich” are elderly or didn’t you know that either?

Most rich people make a lot more money from investments then from in…Let me guess we need to raise more taxes on their investments so they make fewer investments nd then we will all be happy….What a moron.

• Captaincorrect

so the law abiding tea party should applaud the felonious assault of an innocent woman by a man because the guy was talking about California’s debt?  Let me help you jerkoff-whether people agree or disagree with a point-law abiding citizens (meaning not liberals) do not say, “oh, yea, I know he just assaulted someone but what he said I agree with”..

God are you a moron.

• http://twitter.com/axion101 Lee Davi
      • tasscnn

How many” conservative” protests do you see?

How many are violent and criminal?

You have to be kidding!

• Tnabaroni

sooo? Are u saying tea party ppl should support abuse against women?…

• Baldy Kirby from Atlanta

The only thing I’m reading out of this is your feeble, weak, limpwristed effort to try and turn this item against anyone and anything conservative and responsible.

You progressives… you’re always attacking and accusing others of precisely what YOU do.

Get off mommy’s computer, and do your homework.

• combat seabee

If you had adequate comprehension skills, you would have notived that the ,”Person threw the aluminum water bottle at her after asking her if she was going to the protest, but answered no!” So if you really read the article, you would have no other conclusion than it was related to the useless ows. I won’t capitalize it either as in my eyes, just like obama, it holds no merit, nor mention!!

• postofficemike

Yeah, liberals never blame anybody for anything!

• Casper

Tom, why do you even bother? You are an idiot.

• Anonymous

He threw it at her for not going to the protest. The Tea Party movement has joined ‘Occupy’?

• Exotica

are you implying the perpetrator isn’t actually a part of the Occupy movement?

if not, do you condone such behaviour?

And how, TOM,  do you know that people who are commenting Tea party people? When walking down the street at UC Berkley and being asked if you are going to a “Occupy” function be a flea bagger (yes, I am calling them flea baggers. They called us MUCH worse when the Tea Party was really having peacful protest. But you did not hear about that did you? Did we crap on the street? Did we use drugs, rape women, expose ourselves, kill people or yes, THROW A METAL BOTTLE AT SOMEONE?) Ahhh, NO. and do you know why? Because the Tea Party stood for something, we are not just flea bitten vermin looking for a socialist hand out.
         I grew up in California and let me tell you, I have been to this type of “Protest” and it is sickening. But you know what? It is thier right and my right NOT to go. It is not the right of ANYONE to use physical violence on another person.

Why don’t you read the whole article before pouncing on us with your hate

• stan

it was an OWS protest, in fact.  I was there.   You’re just upset that your pals doing the occupying don’t have a brain cell between them.  

• Rankles

Please.  These OWS numskulls ARE whining about debt.  Of course, they simultaneously claim to want a bigger spendulus while decrying the last stimulus as “bailouts for the banksters”….so basically theyre idiots.

But this was an OWS noob, for sure.

• Plamas

Troll. OBamee licker of boots
        Why spew your crazy crap and say Tea Party?  In california the debt is due to unions and democrats or Rhino’s, not one tea party person is in power. So eat that crap you spew. Of course we know it is just to fan flames.  

• Anonymous

All the union produced posters at these Barry brown coat camps show a commie fist in the air.  Let’s call them fisters!

• Maddie

Don’t even try to compare these drug-addled, violent, lazy, greedy assaulters to the true Americans that are members of the Tea Party. The OWS appear to be unstable people who don’t want to work for a living. Doesn’t “a living wage for everyone whether they work or not” smack of laziness and stupidity to you too? These people just want to hang out and get high, rape women and destroy property since they will never have anything as a result of their loser mentality and desire to get something for nothing. These people are pathetic.

• http://pulse.yahoo.com/_NQCQ5HYQWKWZAVWQYW6XYOGELE Ernest

Should you be out occupying something?!

• Salty_skye

Tea Partiers are not joining ows because Tea Partiers have RESPECT for others, and would never throw aluminun water bottles at someone who declined to join us!  This idiot was just joining ows himself so he could act like an ass and think it’s excusable.  It is indeed about the occupy movement, it is showing very clearly the mindset of the scum/spawn that are squatting in America’s public spaces.

• Nami456

Seems to me it could have been an uninformed violent dope, or a typical occupy denizen!

• DemsAllNuts

Or is that liberal “poop” culture?

• http://www.facebook.com/people/Pocho-Basura/100002485653016 Pocho Basura

Drek Hunter?

• Anonymous

Poco Boner?

• http://twitter.com/Corpulace Chris

And Derek Hunter looks like the Goth kid from South Park. He needs to update the MySpace pic he uses on Twitter.

• Anonymous

Great wordsmithing…I just called them Obama’s voter base, Lenin’s ‘useful idiots’, squatting defecationg slugs, you know, the obvious stuff……….

• Wyrdless

Don’t you mean ‘poop’ culture?

• Anonymous

I think you meant  poop culture didn’t you?

• Chrioii

And a lot of those ‘occupiers’, occupy seats in the house and senate. 

• http://www.facebook.com/people/Richard-Queen/100002472361830 Richard Queen

I couldn’t have said it better.  Nastier maybe but not better!

• EllsworthToohey

Shouldn’t that be “poop  culture”?

• John

Never heard it put quite like that,but I like it.

• Anonymous

I guess it a full aluminum bottle to the face isn’t as bad as being pepper-sprayed. she can cover up the bruise with makeup

• Leh1369

They can get rid of the pepper spray by going to work.

• Johnnie walker

At jobs that don’t exist? Yeah, sure.

Pepper-spraying non-violent protestors is illegal in California, but here you are cheering it on. Funny how you law-and-order types don’t have a problem with laws being broken when it’s police beating up people you disagree with.

• Melissa in NorCal

Johnnie, quite the opposite, in both instances those who committed acts of violence are wrong. Let me tell you the difference. The officer at Davis is going to lose his job, and he should. This girl, who also, didn’t do anything wrong, will never have justice. The coward ran off to be free to assault someone else soon no doubt. There are plenty of jobs. You just think you are too good for them. When I was in college, I cleaned toilets at one job and was the airline complaint line for my other job. I managed to get my engineering degree in 6 years and am doing well. I earn every penny and don’t feel bad because people who didn’t work as hard as me, have less. Don’t waste your time on bs degrees. Get an engineering degree or a science degree. We have enough business majors and jouranalists for crying out loud.

• Anonymous

Melissa totally schooled you Johnnie .. it was fun to read and imgine how you felt like an idiot reading it know most people think she destroyed you …

i perfer 12 gage directed at commies and anarchists, the fools should get the pepper spray

• Johnnie_walker

Shoot anyone who disagrees with me politically! It’s the American way!

• Anonymous

Sure johnnie we are constantly reading about citizen being shot in the streets for protesting in this country. It has happens on rare occasion yes but in other countries like Iraq, Iran, Russia, China, any AFRICAN Nation it is a regular thing. If liberals and the “most” Americans  have it so bad in this country why not immigrate to some other country????

• Anonymous

or hit them in the face with  metal container .. you seem to have no problem with that

• Anonymous

Right… but people ONLY GET PEPPER SPRAYED when they are confronting a victim or a police officer aggressively… I know my police officer son uses his pepper spray and taser simultaneously just for affect. As a tax payer I always remind him bullets are cheaper…

• Johnnie walker

You’re full of it. I guess those UC Davis students were being very “aggressive” in their act of sitting on the ground with their legs crossed when that cop sprayed them then, huh? BS. Police have been using pepper spray against nonviolent protestors as long as they’ve had it. There’s a video of Humbolt County Sheriffs swabbing liquid pepper spray directly onto the eyeballs of 4 women who were staging a sit-in at a Congressperson’s office in the 90s.

Not that facts have any effect. “Blah blah blah hippies deserve everything they get yadda yadda” is all you people have. So full of hate.

• Maalox

Uh Johnny you kind of miss the point and the FACT that the Liberal COWARD threw an aluminum bottle at a defenseless woman who was not doing anything other than walking in the street.  So that assaut was Liberals version of tolerance, compassion or love??? 
          But then again, Liberals who have nothing of substance try to distract and change the subject. 

• Anonymous

To discuss the fact when you are ordered to disperse or follow directions by authorities you are expected to comply does not make any sense to liberals. Most protesters are misguided with no actual understanding of what they actually want. Protesters generally are trying to express their discontent with a matter but offer no solutions or alternatives. Please try and explain what the expected end result of the “Occupy” movement is? If you can it is just conjecture because these people themselves don’t even know. 

For you to go back to the phrase “hippies” indicates you are either a dope smoker from the sixties who has not advanced with the times or society as a whole or you are much younger than myself and have no first hand knowledge of what a hippie actually is… hippies we nothing more than “Occupiers” of the 60’s. Generally hippies had no reason for doing anything on their own, they only acted on what they were taught by Morons. Please name for me anything HIPPIES accomplished which benefited this nation and made it stronger and better for its citizens. 

Since the 60’s American people have been educated to believe the government can do everything for them and make life easier and better. Why are they not taught WE THE PEOPLE are “The Government” and without the hard work of WE THE PEOPLE there is no money to make life easier. In all countries which the “Government” runs everything there are only two classes of people, the have’s and the have not’s. Living in other parts of the world I can assure the have not’s in those countries would give their first born to live in the worst ghetto in this country… 

• Anonymous

OH YEAH!!! it is always impressive to hit a woman… COWARDLY BA$TARD!!!!

• Anonymous

I’d have DECKED that idiot as soon as I saw that BOTTLE come flying

• Anonymous

Makes two of us.

• Anonymous

Give him a dose of pepper spray… :(()

• Anonymous

I carry a nice big MagLite like in “Night at the Museum” when I’m in situations like this.

• Shoot_em

A hollow point for the attmepted murder with a blunt object.

• Anonymous

I’d have done a good Terry Tate impression on him and tattooed that sorry sack of ____ into the pavement.  Just further evidence of how pathetic these OWS Losers are, a man throwing an object at (i.e. hurting) a lady because she won’t do what he wants.  

• Anonymous

Reminds me of the numerous times A Tea Party member assaulted someone that wasn’t planning to attend the party.  Oh, wait – never happened.

• Daniel Martin Gray

And did I hear that an Occupidiot threw a paving stone through the plate glass window at McDonalds to protest one of the few corporations current able to hire and promote?

It had a note attached:

“You deserve a brick today”…

• Don

Face it Liberals and Leftists are violent. They were violent at Tea Party rallies, at polling places (Black Panther case) and in their rhetoric. It has been this way all over the world since Marx.

They are trying to Provoke a violent reaction to themselves as part of the Soros funded and Obama sanctioned Alinki-Piven strategy. It is pretty obvious to see.

• http://profiles.yahoo.com/u/XTLCAJRTBDP4EIN57APEXEY464 igetitalready

Let them get as violent as they like. I think it’s time for America to get to the bottom of exactly where this country is headed and it’s not going to be solved diplomatically.

• Joesntch

Agreed! It’s time for Constitutionalists to lock and load and take no prisoners!

• AL-H

Right On Man !!!!!!

• Dbubba

Amen to that.  Keep your guns oiled and your powder dry…

• Mikec

I am a supporter of the second amendment, but threatening use of firearms is rarely a good idea.  Being able to defend one-self should the need arise (with whatever is needed) is a good idea.  And that defense may be against a tyrannical gov’t as desired by the Occupiers (they just want tyrants who want to steal from others and give to them).  So having some firearms and the ability to use them well is a good thing … talking about it openly ahead of its actual need can make you look a bit too much like a dangerous yee-ha than a person intent on legally defending what they’ve worked for.

• Floyddabarber

No……. leftists are coddled and entitled, and so those who are prone to violence do violence with impunity.  Those prone to rape, rape.  Those prone to smooking blunts and sleeping until 11:30am and then cashing a government check….., well they smoke, sleep, and cash with impunity.

Exterminate them all.

• Anonymous

They might get their money from ‘progressives’ but their attitudes fit fascism. 

• Rag

Liberal Fascism by Jonah Goldberg, highly recommended

• Anonymous

The end justifies the means. A little mistaken violence in the name of a greater good is perfectly fine.  They are the typical fans of despots and fascism.

3. Identification of Enemies/Scapegoats as a Unifying Cause – The people are rallied into a unifying patriotic frenzy over the need to eliminate a perceived common threat or foe: racial , ethnic or religious minorities; liberals; communists; socialists, terrorists, etc.

In identifying “goodness” and “superiority” with “us,” there was a tendency to identify “evil” with “them.” This process involves scapegoating and dehumanization. It was then an easy step to blame all societal problems on “them,” and presuppose a conspiracy of these evildoers which had emasculated and humiliated the idealized core group of the nation. To solve society’s problems one need only unmask the conspirators and eliminate them.

In Europe, Jews were the handy group to scapegoat as “them.

Look around.  This is happening on both sides.  How can it be stopped?  Both sides want what is best for this country, but can’t agree on what is best or how to attain that goal.

• Casper

Both sides DO NOT want what is best.  Perfect name ‘sheep-hole’.

• aRepublicrat4+6+1=11!

god i wish youd shut up with the damned psychobabble.
          did you read your post? you arrogant, condescending….normally id agree with you, but enough already. jeeeez.

• Casper

Yeah! It’s just the liberals.

• Trevor

Really? Thats actually happened to me, so I guess you can alter that statement to “Oh, wait – never happened to me, but it may have happened to a few other college students in the greater Bay Area of California.”

• Solly

Cite the report of these alleged assaults and the charges leveled at the dastardly Tea Partiers who perpetrated these heinous crimes, and the evidence those charges are based upon.

“Oh, wait – never happened, so I can’t.” would be the truthful response.

(I thought I’d provide that, since you seem to have a problem with truthful statements).

Bullsh1t Trevor!! Typical leftist lie,cheat,steal,and rape to futher your agenda!! If anye attacked anyoe it as you attackig a Tea Party Member!!

• aRepublicrat4+6+1=11!

greater bay area?

texas is hiring, and we have special rules, just like your STATE. well, except we dont beg…..

• http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=778600230 Jere Hodges Jr

Who sells aluminum water bottles?

• http://twitter.com/annabellep annabellep

Jesus, educate yourselves, people. They are all the rage because they are resuable and hold the temp better than plastic : https://www.google.com/#sclient=psy-ab&hl=en&source=hp&q=aluminium+water+bottle&pbx=1&oq=aluminium+water+bottle&aq=f&aqi=g4&aql=&gs_sm=e&gs_upl=1138l5730l0l5826l22l13l0l7l7l0l305l2150l1.8.3.1l18l0&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.,cf.osb&fp=f3e332cc30a185b3&biw=1600&bih=715

• Guest

Is there ANY good news out of Berkeley lately?

Geez. Great for our reputation.

• Asdfj

Berkeley has been a shithole recently. :(

• Oscar

Recently? 

• berkeley = filthy

It’s always a shithole.

RECENTLY!!!!?

• White17xx

Has there  ever been good news  out of  Berzerkley ?

• consrcunts

The word “berserk” does not contain a “z”.

• Rubydeltoro

Sounds like a BS made-up story to discredit the movement if I ever heard one. So, this guy does this in a crowded area to a woman and is able to get away, no one stops him? Please. THIS is exactly what the students are fighting against. Lies and deceit. Reminds me of that idiot chick who said she was attacked and had a B carved into her face by an Obama supporter by the B was on her face backwards because she did it to herself in the mirror. Haha. Again, give me a break.

• Guest

I saw a UCPD officer drive up (~5:15), park his car, and run across the front of the plaza. Maybe she made the story up, but then it would be a false report and she is a student so I don’t know what this has to do with what people “are fighting against.” 

It’s not a particularly crowded spot on campus at that time of day, it’s fairly dark, and there are plenty of places to hide, so maybe it happened. If any proof comes forward, of course, you’ll then say that this person wasn’t a real occupy person, this doesn’t characterize the movement, etc….

You not believing it is a testament to the amount of privilege you’ve had in your life. Shit like this happens all the time, especially to women. Here’s what a lack of such privilege will get you:

I actually know what this is like. I was assaulted when I was 18 because I wouldn’t “cooperate” with a dude trying to hit on me. I was hit in the back of the head with a full beer can on a major thorough-fair filled with people. The perps circled the block to come back and hit me in my face. I lost teeth. My only consolation was that I put out my cigarette on his bare chest, because the police did fuck all to charge the man, even though I got his licence plate #. Violence against women is so acceptable in our culture. It’s the number 1 way we keep women pliant and under the thumbs of stupid men like the one in your article.We need more women with guns, period. That would stop a lot of the violence, if a few dickwads were taken out in the process of their violent acts.

• TomatoGravy

Hell yeah, Sweetheart! I loves me some pistol packin mamas.

Sux that you are/were a victim. However, I am glad to see that you will not be one again. A legally armed population helps “fill in the holes” of law enforcement.

• TomatoGravy

Also, I love your use of “dickwad”. Don’t get that much these days.

• Anonymous

This is why we need more concealed carry. Take the MoFo out on the spot?

• Anonymous

Oh, you mean like Tawana Brawley with the help from Al Sharpton? Yeah, this sounds made-up just like that. Except when it comes from the left you know it’s BS. While remotely possible, rare is it to happen on the right. Maybe you should think for yourself once in a while. Might not hurt as bad as you think it would.

• biskitts

Ingorance is bliss isn’t it?

• Jane

How does it discredit the movement if it won’t even name it in the article? The press is so in the tank for OWS, and you’re still complaining. Typical.

• Fraea

So all the crazies that used to hang out at Sproul Plaza are now considered spokespeople for all Occupy protesters? Your reasoning skills are just stellar.

• student

None of you people get it.  Throwing aluminum water bottles in people’s faces is a form of expression.  Do you want to start infringing on people’s freedom of expression?  

Well, Obama did tell them to “get in their faces.” I’m sure this is exactly what he had in mind…

• Community_agitator

Community agitator at work (when he isn’t golfing).

• Anonymous

Hope they never confront me… My Freedom of Expression if I am assaulted (actually as you attempt to assault me) is with my Concealed Weapon… and I promise it is more painful than a jug in the face or pepper spray…

• Anonymous

Alert the ACLU

• bob m

Apparently the victim is being investigated to confirm if she recycled the container.

• Working Adult

Your form of expression stops where my nose begins, or do you support the rape and pillage of the innocent?  Apparently, you do – since it’s only a form of expression.   Loser.

• What’s new

Since it seems we all agree that one person can stand for and represent an entire group, because of Hitler — all white folks are murdering nazis.

• Guest

have you seen a list of all the murders, rapes, vandalism, robberies, etc. that happened at the occupy oakland camp?  it’s a lot more than just one fleabagger that’s a criminal.

• What’s new

It was more than just Hitler that was a murderous dictator.   I’m saying it’s generalizing and you know it but you just saw the chance to take a shot and you went for it.  Cheap shot, but you still went for it.

Oakland isn’t Berkeley campus, by the way.

• Guesty

Don’t bother trying to reason with these idiots. If they were dumb enough to pull out the argument in the first place, they’re not going to listen to your rebuttal.

• Oscar

Nationwide there have been hundreds of assaults, sexual assaults, rapes, public defecation and urination, threats of violence, assaults on police officers, destruction of private property, defacing of private and public property, riots and at least one murder at “Occupy” rallies.  

Explain how linking a political movement to hundreds of crimes committed by hundreds of members of that movement equals believing that “one person can stand for and represent an entire group”. 

• biskitts87

When you can show that these same incidents happened at a Tea Party protest.

HE CAN’T hell after the one large tea party rally in washington d.c.  the park was cleaner than before it started

• http://lifeandsomething.blogspot.com/ doubtinggaurav

As long as we agree that all the non whites are cannibals that is perfect.

• jbaby

I am sure the Jewish people would disagree.

• Some person

Soooo classy.

• Guest

These “occupy” folks are a bunch of violent thugs masquerading as peaceful protesters.  Anarchists and goons who just want to fight the police and cause property damage, and don’t care about any cause they supposedly support.

I’m glad the chancellor took such decisive action to get them off campus, before they victimized more UC Berkeley students.

• guest

yeah, the reason California is in debt is we pay so much to imprison such losers.

• Guest

Peaceful protest, eh guys?

• Anonymous

***Updated 11/18/2011– Today we hit incident 286
      One of the secret weapons the corrupt mainstream media uses in their never-ending quest to Palace Guard for the left is context. For example, when it came to the Tea Party, the MSM was notorious for amplifying a single incident (that was usually a lie) and using it to attempt to smear and define an entire movement. This is what you do when you want to quickly take out a political enemy.
      The MSM’s contextual game changes, however, when their desire is to strengthen a movement and give it credibility and room to grow. By dutifully reporting individual incidents but not reporting on the growing scope and size of Occupy Wall Street lawlessness, the MSM is willfully covering up the violence, vandalism, and anti-Semitism that truly does define this movement.

Moreover,  by intentionally keeping the pieces of this story scattered, the MSM is allowed to have their cake and eat it too. No one can accuse them of not reporting these incidents, but by choosing not to bring the pieces together, the MSM ensures the least amount of public relations damage is done to the Occupiers.
      What I’ve collected below is far from comprehensive but still shows over 75 incidents of sexual assault, violence, vandalism, anti-Semitism, extortion, perversion, and lawlessness.
      The MSM could easily tell the story of how this violence-prone movement is becoming an increasing threat to our society. After all, my research below is the result of nothing more than Twitter and Google. Among others, The New York Times, Washington Post, Politico, and the LA Times have willfully chosen not to use the resources at their disposal to give the public an honest look at this growing menace. In their partisan minds, truth doesn’t trump agenda.

What is true is that on October 18, pollster Doug Schoen (a Democrat!) discovered that a full 31% of Occupiers were willing to commit violence in pursuit of their agenda, whatever that is. From biggovernment.com
      NY: 10/1/2011 — Police Arrest More Than 700 Protesters on Brooklyn Bridge
      Madison, WI: 10-27-2011 — Madison Occupiers Lose Permit Due to Public Masturbation
      Phoenix: 10/28/2011 — Flier at Occupy Phoenix Asks, “When Should You Shoot a Cop?”
      NY: 10/18/2011 — Thieves Preying on Fellow Protesters
      NY: 10/9/2011 — Stinking up Wall Street: Protesters Accused of Living in Filth as Shocking Pictures Show One Demonstrator Defecating on a POLICE CAR
      NY: 10/7/2011 — Occupiers Rush Police … More
      Cleveland: 10/18/2011 — ‘Occupy Cleveland’ Protester Alleges She Was Raped
      NY: 10/10/2011 — ‘Increasingly Debauched’: Are Sex, Drugs & Poor Sanitation Eclipsing Occupy Wall Street?
      Seattle: 10/18/2011 — Man Accused of Exposing Self to Children Arrested
      10/12/2011 — Iran Supports ‘Occupy Wall Street’
      Portland: 10/16/2011 –#OccupyPortland Protester Desecrates Memorial To U.S. War Dead
      Portland: 10/15/2011 — #OccupyPortland Protesters Sing “F*** The USA”
      Chicago: 10/17/2011 — COMMUNIST LEADER Cheered at Occupy Chicago
      10/15/2011 — American Nazi Party Endorses Occupy Wall Street‘s ’Courage,‘ Tells Members to Support Protests and Fight ’Judeo-Capitalist Banksters’
      Boston: 10/14/2011 — Coast Guard member spit on near Occupy Boston tents
      Boston: 10/11/2011 — Boston Police Arrest Over 100 from Occupy Boston
      New York: 10/11/2011 — “You Can Have Sex with Animals.”
      New York: 10/15/2011 — Harassing Police with Accusations of Phony Injuries
      New York: 10/9/2011 — ‘Occupy Wallstreet’ Protesters Steal from Local Businesses
      New York: 10/25/2011 — Three Men Threatened to Kill 24-Year-Old Occupy Wall Street Protester for Reporting Rape
      Baltimore: 10/18/2011 — #OccupyBaltimore Discourages Sexual Assault Victims from Contacting Police
      Portland: 10/27/2011 — Occupy Portland’s Attempt At Wealth Redistribution Ends In Theft
      Los Angeles: 10/14/2011 – Anti-Semitic Protester at Occupy Wall Street
      10/27/2011 — A Death Threat From an Occupy Wall Street Protester
      10/27/2011 – Anti-Semitic Tweet From Occupier or Sympathizer
      Boston: 10/20/2011 — Occupy Boston Doesn’t Want Police Involved in Rape
      New York: 10/5/2011: Anti-Semitic Occupier Screams About Jews, Israel
      New York: 10/4/2011 — Occupier Taunts Jewish Man
      Boston: 10/2011 — Occupiers Block Street
      New York: 10/2011 — Occupier Tries to Steal Police Officer’s Gun
      New York: 10/27/2011 — Occupiers Block Traffic, Get Arrested
      Oakland: 10/27/2011 — Occupiers Throw Garbage at Police
      Oakland: 10/19/2011 — Abusive #OccupyOakland Protesters Ban Media from Tent City
      Eugene, OR: 10/19/2011 — Occupiers Displace Farmers’ Market Threatening Hundreds of Jobs
      Portland, OR: 10/18/2011 — Capitalist Offering Jobs at Occupy Portland Finds Few Takers
      NY: 10/20/2011 — #OccupyWallStreet Threatens Businesses, Patrons
      NY: 10/14/2011 — Violence Breaks Out During #OccupyWallStreet March Toward Stock Exchange
      NY: 10/14/2011 — Protesters March On Wall Street, Scuffle With Cops
      Oakland: 10/19/2011 — #OccupyOakland Protesters Threaten Reporter
      Oakland: 10/26/2011 — Occupiers Scuffle with Police
      Oakland: 10/24/2011 — Protesters Storm, Vandalize, Shut Down Chase Bank
      Dayton, OH: 10/22/2011 — Protester: ‘F*ck The Military, F*ck Your Flag, And F*ck The Police’
      Chicago: 10/14/2011 — Protesters’ Message At #OccupyChicago Rally: ‘Destroy Israel’
      NY: 10/23/2011 — #OccupyWallStreet Supporter Rants Against Israel, Jews
      NY: 10/22/2011 — #Occupy Kid: ‘Burn Wall Street, Burn!’
      NY: 10/21/2011 — New Yorkers Fed Up With Noisy, Defecating Protesters
      Oakland: 10/21/2011 — Occupy Oakland Evicted After Reports Of Crime And Intimidation
      Oakland: 10/19/2011 — #OccupyOakland Out of Control: Rats, Graffiti, Vandalism, Sexual Harassment, Public Sex and Urination
      Chicago: 10/26/2011 — Occupiers Under Investigation by FBI for Links to Terrorism
      Cleveland: 10/29/2011 — Rape Reported at Occupy Cleveland
      Dallas: 10/24/2011 — Police Investigating Possible Sexual Assault Of Teen At Occupy Dallas
      Bloomington, IN: 10/26/2011 — Man Claims Occupy Bloomington Protesters Drugged, Handcuffed Him
      NY: 10/10/2011 — Sex, Drugs and Hiding from the Law at Wall Street Protests
      Glasgow: 10/26/2011 — Woman Gang-Raped
      Boston: 10/23/2011 — Occupy Boston Protesters Arrested For Dealing Heroin – With 6 Year-Old in Tent
      Portland: 10/16/2011 — Sex Offender Registers Occupy Portland Camp as Address
      Denver: 10/15/2011 — Occupy Denver Demonstrator Accused of Groping TV Photographer
      Lawrence, KS: 10/25/2011 — Sexual Assault Reported at Occupy Camp
      Minneapolis, MN: Bricks, Rocks, ‘Riot Supplies’ Discovered by Police
      Phoenix, AZ: 10/27/2011 — Neo-Nazis Patrol “Occupy Phoenix” With AR-15′s
      Chicago: 10/26/2011 — Occupy Chicago Invades City Hall
      10/26/2011 — ACORN, Occupy Email Talks About Assault on Banks
      10/26/2011 — OccupyWallStreet Strategy for Reports of Violence Against Cops
      Chicago: 10/26/2011 — Unrepentant Domestic Terrorist Bill Ayers Wows Occupiers
      Chicago: 10/25/2011 — Ayers Coaches #OccupyChicago, Callsg for School ‘Occupations’
      10/26/2011/ — Occupy Protests Have Jewish Leaders Concerned
      Wash DC: 10/27/2011 — OccupyDC Leftists Provoke Police – Hang Flag on Top of DC Statue
      Albuquerque, NM: 10/26/2011 — Occupy Squatters Riot With Police
      San Diego: 10/25/2011 — Flag Used as Chew Toy by Occupier’s Dog
      Oakland: 10/25/2011 — Occupiers Throw Bottles at Police
      NY: 10/27/2011 — Occupy Wall Street Protesters: Rush Limbaugh Is Bigger Threat Than Al-Qaeda
      10/27/2011 — Occupy Wall Street Launching First Nationwide General Strike in America Since 1946
      NY: 10/28/2011 — Fox 5 News Reporter Assaulted at OWS
      10/28/2001 — Total Occupy Arrests Made Thus Far: 2750
      Nashville: 10/28/2011 — 30 Arrests Made at Wall St. Protest
      NY: 10/20/2011 — Former Marine Tries to Taunt Police into Violence
      NY: 1023/2011 — Islamist Group Joins with Occupy Wall Street
      Los Angeles: 10/13/2011 — Roundup of Overt Occupy anti-Semitism
      NY: 10/12/2011 — There are No Anti-Semites at Occupy Wall Street. Except for This Guy
      Missoula, MT: 10/20/2011 — Drunk 11-Year-Old At Occupy Missoula, Adult Arrested
      Oakland: 10/28/2011 — Bounty Out On Police Officer?
      Manchester, NH: 10/28/2011 — Woman charged with pimping teen recruited at Occupy NH rally
      San Diego: 10/28/2011 — 40 Occupiers arrested
      Boston: 10/24/2011 — Occupy Boston Vandalism of Banks
      Boston: 10/25/2011 — Store Owner Suffers 4 Break Ins Since Occupy Boston Began
      Portland: 10/28/2011 — Portland Police: Buckets of Excrement Scattered Around #OccupyPortland Camp
      Seattle: 10/20/2011 — Two Possible Occupiers Charged With Assault
      Seattle: 10/18/2011 — Armed Felon Arrested at Occupy Seattle
      Seattle: 10/18/2011 — A Tent Fight and (At Least) One Arrest at Occupy Seattle
      Seattle: 10/17/2011 — Over 50 Cops Clear Westlake Occupation, Make Eight Arrests
      Seattle: 10/13/2011 — Cops Arrest Several Occupy Protesters
      Seattle: 10/13/2011 — Chanting Protesters Surround Police After Officers Arrest Two
      Denver: 10/29/2011 — Protesters Clash with Police at OWS Denver
      Austin: 10/13/2011 — Occupy Austin protesters arrested for blocking cleaning Crews
      Calgary, CN: 10/28/2011 — Occupiers do $40,000 in Property Damage
      Cincinnati, OH: 10/21/2011 — 23 Arrested, Remains of protests fill two dumpsters
      Sacramento: 10/19/2011 — 9 arrested in ‘Occupy Sacramento’ protest
      Sacramento: 10/13/2011 — Four More Occupy Sacramento Demonstrators Arrested
      Austin, TX: 10/22/2011 — Man Arrested After Knife Incident at Occupy Austin Camp
      Nashville: 10/29/2011 — Tenn. Protesters Arrested For 2nd Straight Night
      Austin, TX: 10/30/2011 — Austin Police arrest 38 Occupy Austin Protesters
      NY: 10/30/2011 — Woman Assaulted in Her tent
      Orlando, FL: 10/28/2011 — Occupy Orlando, police clash over use of downtown park
      Orlando, FL: 10/26/2011 — 2 Occupy Orlando protesters arrested for trespass
      Orlando, FL: 10/22/2011 — Police arrest 19 Orlando protesters on trespass charges
      Asheville, NC: 10/30/2011 — Occupiers Clash with Homeless in Asheville
      Nationwide: 10/27/2011 — Pro-Occupy Site claims 2511 Arrests Thus Far
      Fort Worth, TX: 10/16/2011 — Arrests at Occupy Fort Worth Protest
      NY: 10/29/2011 — Three Incidents of Anti-Semitism
      San Francisco: 10/29/2011 — Anti-Semitic, Folsom Street Fair Types & Che Guevara Lovin
      Oklahoma City: 10/30/2011 — Death of Street Poet at #OccupyOKC Treated as Homicide
      Baltimore: 10/31/2011 — Woman Claims She was Raped at #OccupyBaltimore
      Boston: 10/31/2001 — Alleged Heroin Dealer Joined Occupy Movement
      Ottawa: 10/31/2011 — #OccupyOttawa Violent & Sexual Assaults Not Reported to Police
      Santa Barbara, CA: 10/5/2011 — Occupiers Defy Police
      Santa Barbara, CA: 10/6/2011 — 8 Occupiers Arrested
      Denver, CO: 10/31/2011 — Occupiers Taunt Police, Knock Motorcycle Cop to Ground
      Dallas, TX: 10/24/2011 — 23 Occupy Dallas Protesters Arrested After Bank Demonstration
      Richmond, VA: 10/31/2011 — Arrests of Occupiers in Richmond
      Dallas, TX: 1v1/1/2011: Man Arrested for Child Sex assault at Occupy Dallas Camp
      NY: 11/1/2011 — Protesters Flock to STD-Test Clinics After Occupier ‘Free Love’
      Iowa: 11/1/2011 — Occupiers Intend to Disrupt Iowa Caucus
      NY: 11/1/2011 — Occupy Wall Street Costs Main Street Workers Their Jobs
      San Diego: 10/29/2011 — Businesswoman Closes Shop After Threats By Occupiers
      Palm Desert, CA: 11/1/2011 — Occupiers Arrested
      Tampa, FL: 10/24/2011 — Six Occupiers Arrested
      Tampa, FL: 10/27/2011 — Two More Arrested In Connection to Occupy Tampa Movement
      Tampa, FL: 10/29/2011 — Occupy Tampa Protesters Arrested After Scuffle With Police
      Oakland, CA: 11/3/2011 — Rallies Turn Violent
      Seattle, WA: 11/2/2011 — Cops, Protesters Clash
      Oakland, CA: 11/3/2011 — Protests Degenerate Into Chaos
      Tulsa, OK: 11/2/2011 — Occupiers Clash With Police
      Sacramento, CA: 11/2/2011 — Occupiers Smash County Vehicle Windows
      Philadelphia: 11/2/2011 — Occupiers Arrested
      Charlottesville, VA: 11/1/2011 — Underage Drinking at Occupy Charlottesville Site
      Portland: 11/2/2011 — Occupier Shoves Police Officer into Moving Bus
      Oakland: 11/2/2011 — Malkin’s Collection of Vandalism and Menacing Signs
      NYC: 11/3/2011 — Occupier Busted In Tent Grope, Suspected In Rape
      NYC: 11/4/2011 — 16 OWS Protesters Arrested at Goldman Sachs HQ
      Oakland, CA: 11-3-2011 — Occupy-Friendly Business Vandalized
      Asheville, NC: 11/3/2011 — 24 Occupiers Arrested
      Raleigh, NC: 10/28/2011 — Eight at Occupy Raleigh Arrested After Standoff
      NYC: 11/4/2011 — Deranged Homeless Man Goes on Violent Rampage In Zuccotti Park
      Dallas, TX: CPS Seizes Baby From ‘Occupy Dallas’ Site
      Wash DC: 11/4/2011 — Occupier Uses Child as Human Shield — Video
      Wash DC: 11/4/2011 — Occupiers Try to Storm Americans for Prosperity Event — Video
      Omaha, NE: 11/3/2011 — Three Occupiers Arrested
      Atlanta: 11/3/2011 — Protester Turns On Fellow Protester With Knife
      Los Angeles: 10/28/2011 — Drug Use and Property Damage
      Boston, MA: 11/4/2011 — 3 Charged With Dealing Crack; Occupy Boston ‘Deteriorating’
      Boston, MA: 11/4/2011 — Occupiers Storm Israeli Consulate; Anti-Israel Chants — Video
      Vancouver, CN: 11/5/2011 — Occupy Vancouver Death Dooms Protest Camp
      Fort Collins, CO: 11/4/2011 — Occupier Arrested for Setting Fire to Condo Complex … $10M Damage
      Chula Vista, CA: 11/6/2011 — Underage Girl Missing From Occupy Protests
      Los Angeles, CA: 11/5/2011 – Two Assaults Raise Concerns About Crime at Occupy L.A.
      Dallas, TX: 11/5/2011 — Eight Arrests at Dallas Bank Protest
      Olympia, WA: 11/5/2011 – Two Occupy Protesters Arrested
      Seattle, WA: 11/3/2011 — Occupiers Cost City $426,000; Most of it Police Overtime
      Olympia, WA: 11/2/2011 — 3 Occupiers Arrested for Suspected of Robbing Local Wine Merchant
      Worcester, MA: 11/6/2011 — 25 Occupiers Arrested
      Milwaukee, WI: 11/2/2011 — Photojournalist, Two others Arrested at Protest … Video
      Milwaukee, WI: 10/20/2011 — Police Confront Occupier –Video … Arrested
      Wash. DC: 11/5/2011 — Rampaging Occupiers Attack 78 Year-Old Woman — Video
      Rochester, NY: 11/3/2011 — 161 Occupiers Arrested at Park
      NYC: 11/5/2011 — Police Clash With Occupiers, 20 Arrested at Courthouse Protest
      NYC: 11/5/2011 — Occupier Arrested for Vandalizing McDonald’s; Wanted Free Food
      Asheville, NC: 11/5/2011 — Four Occupiers Arrested
      Honolulu, HI: 11/6/2011 — Police Arrest Half-Dozen Occupiers
      Waikiki, HI: 11/7/2011 — Two Dozen Occupiers Arrested
      Portland, OR: 11/7/2011 — Occupiers Arrested for Threatening Restaurant Employees
      Portland, OR: 11/7/2011 — Occupier Arrested for Threatening Security Staff with Hammer
      Augusta, GA: 10/28/2011 — Occupier Arrested in Knife Threat
      Portland OR: 11/9/2011 — Police Suspect Occupiers in Molotov Cocktail Attack
      Sacramento, CA: 11/7/2011 — Homeless Clash With Occupy Protesters At Park
      New Orleans: 11/8/2011 — Man Dead for Two Days Found in Occupy Encampment
      San Diego: 11/7/2011 — Occupiers Splatter Vendor Food Carts with Blood, Urine
      Los Angeles: 11/7/2011 — Occupiers Shut Down Burger King — Video
      Atlanta, GA: 11/6/2011 — Occupiers Arrested After Attacking Police
      St. Louis, MO: 11/9/2011 — Occupiers Hack Into Mayor’s Website
      Oakland, CA: 11/8/2011 — “Dangerous” Occupiers Hurting Small Business Owners
      Vancouver, CN: 11/8/2011 — Occupiers Bite Two Police Officers
      Wash DC: 11/8/2011 — Occupiers Use Children to Block Traffic — Video
      Portland, OR: 11/9/2011 — Occupiers Threaten Citizen-Journalist – Video
      Wash DC: 11/8/2011 — Occupiers Use Racial Taunts Against Black Security Guard — Video
      Eureka, CA: 11/9/2011 — Occupier Defecates in Bank – Video
      Wash DC: 11/5/2011 – Occupiers Menace Children, Female Reporter – Video
      Portland, OR: 11/8/2011 — Occupiers Menace News Crew – Video
      NYC: 11/8/2011 — Occupier: ‘I Wouldn’t Give a F**k if 9/11 Happened 911 More Times’
      NYC: 11/8/2011 — Small Business Owner Threatened, Terrorized By Occupiers
      San Francisco, CA: 11/10/2011 — Occupier Threatens Park Ranger
      Burlington, VT: 11/10/2011 — Veteran Shoots Self at Encampment
      Oakland, CA: 11/3/2011 — ‘Occupy Oakland’ Goes After Cop
      NYC: 11/10/2011 — EMT Assaulted at Occupy Wall Street
      San Diego, CA: 11/10/2011 — Occupier Attacks Woman with Camera
      Berekely, CA: 11/10/2011 — 39 Occupiers Arrested
      Westwood, CA: 11/9/2011 — 11 Occupiers Arrested for Blocking Traffic
      Fresno, CA: 11/9/2011 — 40 Occupiers Arrested
      Toledo, OH: 11/1/2011 — 2 Occupiers Arrested
      Houston, TX: 11/9/2011 — 10 Occupiers Arrested
      NYC: 11/8/2011 — Hobbyist Photographer Describes Assault in Zuccotti Park
      Oakland, CA: 11/10/2011: Fatal Shooting Over Drugs
      Oakland: CA: 11/10/2011 — Protesters Attack News Crew Covering Fatal Shooting
      Pasadena, CA: 11/10/2011 — Occupiers Announce Plans to Disrupt Rose Bowl Parade
      Tampa, FL 11/10/2011 — Three Occupiers Arrested
      Portland, OR: 11/10/2011 — Occupiers Billed for Police Car Vandalism
      Olympia, WA: 11/11/2011 — Occupiers Asked to Pack Up After Assault, Drug Arrests
      Denver, CO: 11/11/2011 — Occupiers Storm BlogCon 11 … One Arrest
      Salt Lake City, UT: 11/12/2011 — Protest Shut Down After Body Discovered In Tent
      San Francisco: 11/8/2011 — Shoplifting, Fights On The Rise Around Encampment
      San Francisco: 11/10/2011 — Occupiers Accused of Ferry Building Thefts, Filth
      San Francisco: 11/10/2011 — Protester Busted For Gun Violation Arrested Again
      Mobile, AL: 11/9/2011 — 18 Occupy Protesters Arrested
      New Orleans: 11/11/2011 — Death at Campsite Attributed To Alcohol Abuse
      San Francisco: 11/12/2011 — Occupier Slashes Police Officer With Razor, Another Injured
      Portland: 11/13/2011 — Three Arrested with Mortars, Fireworks
      Chapel Hill, NC: 11/13/2011 — Eight Occupiers for Trespassing
      Norfolk, VA: Six Occupiers Arrested
      Philadelphia, PA: 11/13/2011 — Occupier Arrested for Rape
      Portland, OR: 10/27/2011 — Sexual Assault: ‘nobody should contact the police’ — Video
      NYC: 11/12/2011 — Occupiers Plan Mass Trespassing Campaign
      Oakland, CA: 11/8/2011 — Occupiers Plan Mass Trespassing Campaign
      Salt Lake City, UT: 11/12/2011 — 19 Occupiers Arrested
      St. Louis, MO: 11/13/2011 — 27 Occupiers Arrested
      St. Louis, MO: 11/12/2011 — Occupier Arrested
      NYC: 11/13/2011 — Occupier Slugs Police Officer
      Oakland, CA: 11/10/2011 — Occupiers Withdraw Resolution to Remain Peaceful
      Portland, OR: 11/9/2011 — Occupier Requires Life-Saving CPR After Drug Overdose
      Portland, OR: 11/9/2011 — 4 Reports of Substance Abuse
      Olympia, WA: 11/12/2011: Growing Number of Drug, Violence Complaints
      Atlanta, GA: 11/10/2011 — TB Breaks Out at Occupy Home Base
      NYC: 11/13/2011 — Occupy Wall Street Costs Local Businesses $479,400
      Nationwide: 11/11/2011 — Occupy Death Toll Hits 7
      Seattle, WA: 11-14-2011 — Occupier Defecates on Public Sidewalk
      Hartford, CT: 10/16/2011 — Occupier Charged After Pulling Knife
      Dallas, TX: 11/14/2011 — 9-Month-Old Baby Removed From Camp Due to Health Concerns, Neglect
      Albuquerque, NM: 10/27/2011 — 2 Occupiers Arrested
      Albuquerque, NM: 10/26/2011 — More Than a Dozen Occupiers Arrested
      Albuquerque, NM: 10/22/2011 — Knife Attack at Occupy Camp
      Albuquerque, NM: 10/27/2011 — Police Forced to Remove Occupiers From Park Again, 37 Arrested
      Albuquerque, NM: 10/8/2011 — Occupier Arrested
      University of New Mexico: 11/8/2011 — Sordid Story of Lawlessness, Dozens of Arrests, Spitting on Walmart Customer
      Albuquerque, NM: 10/16/2011 — Occupier Cited for Blocking Traffic
      Portland, OR: 11/14/2011 — 51 Occupiers Arrested
      Portland, OR: 11/14/2011 — Occupiers Smash Bank Windows
      Albany, NY: 11/15/2011 — 20 Occupiers Arrested
      Near Salem, OR: 11/13/2011 — Three Occupiers Arrested With Explosives
      Wash DC: 11/11/2011 — Occupy’ Mom ‘Won’t Stop’ Putting Protest Above Her Kids’ Safety
      NYC: 11/15/2011: — Hundreds of Occupiers Arrested, Chaos, Resisting Arrest, Object Thrown at Police
      Houston, TX: 11/15/2011 — Occupier Arrested
      Minnesota: 11/15/2011 — Occupy Minnesota Costs Taxpayers $10,000+ Each Day
      Austin, TX: 11/15/2011 — Occupier Accused of Masturbating in Front of 16 Year-old Girl
      San Francisco, CA: 11/15/2011 — Deadly Dog Disease Spreads at Occupy Camp
      Philadelphia, PA: 11/15/2011 — Occupier Arrested for Assaulting Woman
      Philadelphia, PA: 11/15/2011 — Occupiers Vandalize Dilworth Plaza With Graffiti and Feces – Video
      Santa Cruz, CA: 11/15/2011 — Ringworm, Scabies Outbreak at Occupy Camp
      Oakland, CA: 11/14/2011 — Occupiers Cost Taxpayers $2.4 Million
      Wash DC: 11/16/2011 — Suspected White House Shooter Spent Time with OccupyDC.
      Pittsburgh, PA: 11/15/2011 — Five Occupiers Arrested for Disorderly Conduct, Blocking Traffic
      San Francisco, CA: 11/17/2011 — Occupiers Storm Bank, 95 Arrested
      Chicago, IL: 11/16/2011 — Occupier Arrested for Child Porn
      NYC: 11/16/2011 — Dozens Of Hypodermic Needles Found In Zuccotti Park
      NYC: 11/16/2011 — Occupier Arrested for Making Terror Threats — Video … More.
      Dallas, TX: 11/17/2011 — 18 Occupiers Arrested
      Charlotte, NC: 11/14/2011 — Two Occupiers Arrested
      Charlotte, NC: 11/15/2011 — 8 Occupiers Arrested
      Ottawa, CN: 10/29/2011 — Feces, Urine, and Blood Covered Blanket Hung Over Tent
      Los Angeles, CA: 11/15/2011 — Occupier Charged With Masturbating In Front of Children
      Los Angeles, CA: 11/15/2011 — Occupier Arrested for Attempting to Light Food Vendor On Fire
      NYC: 11/15/2011 — City Claims Occupy Wall Street Protesters Were Stockpiling Weapons
      Wash DC: 11/15/2011 — Occupiers Block Traffic, Three Injuries
      NYC: 11/16/2011 — 150 Trashmen Needed to Clean Occupy Park Filth
      Los Angeles: 11/17/2011 — Occupiers Block Freeways, 26 Arrested
      NYC: 11/17/2011 – Mob of Occupiers Taunt, Bully Small School Children
      San Francisco, CA: 11/17/2011 — Lice, Fleas, Disease Spread in Camp
      NYC: 11/17/2011 — Occupiers Create Citywide Mayhem, 275 Arrested
      West Jordan, UT: 11/17/2011 — Occupier Hurls Molotov Cocktail at Bank
      NYC: 11/17/2011 — Police Officer Slashed, Others Attacked
      NYC: 11/17/2011 — Occupiers Throw Vinegar In Eyes of Police Officers
      Lincoln, NE: 11/5/2011 — 4 Occupiers Arrested at Bank Protest
      San Diego, CA: 1/17/2011 — Occupiers Hold Moment of Silence In ‘Solidarity’ With Accused Obama Would-Be Assassin — Video
      Melbourne, AU: 11/18/2011 — Children as Young as 12 Given Drugs, Alcohol
      Los Angeles, CA: 11/17/2011 — Dozens of Occupiers Arrested at Bank Protest
      Denver, CO: 11/16/2011 — Residents Complain Police Response Slowed Due to Occupiers
      Denver, CO: 11/17/2011 — Occupiers Block Traffic
      Denver, CO: 11/18/2011 — Occupiers Charged With Inciting a Riot, Assaulting Police Officer
      Columbus, OH: 11/15/2011 — 7 Occupiers Arrested for Refusing to Leave Bank

Recently, President Obama said that the Occupiers are just like the Tea Party.
      That’s a lie.

• Anonymous

The Occupiers themselves keep meticulous track of arrests, it’s almost like they’re proud of it.  (update appears on twitter.)  On Nov 18 it was 4542.   Arrests at a Tea Party? 

• Anonymous

The Occupiers and Tea Partiers only have one thing in common… Brave American Soldiers had to DIE to give them the freedom to express their freedoms and celebrate their liberties… 

• http://www.facebook.com/people/Patrick-Janecke/100000147323541 Patrick Janecke

It’s sad that only one side actually recognizes that fact.

• Anonymous

It is actually sad that only one side cares about that fact. When I lived in Turkey protesters like these would have been beat and imprisoned  without question…

MOVE RIGHT ALONG nothing to see here (at least according to the new york times)        GREAT post

• Anonymous

The Media is Corrupt, and we see it in many facets, everyday. Want to Support Honesty in Media today? Sign my petition that brings the voice of everyday Americans to the Media: We Will Be Heard and We Want You Honest.

http://www.change.org/petitions/support-honesty-in-media

Thanks!
        Rachel Sunshine