Armed robbery, attempted robbery occur on Northside in same night

A man was robbed at gunpoint north of the UC Berkeley campus Wednesday and, just moments later, another man was the victim of an attempted armed robbery in the same area, according to police.

At about 11:20 p.m. Wednesday, a man was walking in the 1800 block of Euclid Avenue when three or four male suspects jumped out of a vintage, dark-colored car, according to a UPCD crime alert released Monday. One of the suspects then allegedly pointed a gun at the man and demanded his property and the other suspects allegedly took the victim’s luggage and an amplifier, according to the alert.

Moments later, a second male victim was walking in the same area when he was approached by three or four male suspects who allegedly tried to rob him after getting out of what is described as a “mid-sized vehicle,” according to the alert.

“One of the suspects was armed with a possible shotgun and another suspect displayed a knife at the second victim,” the alert reads.

Neither of the victims was injured in the incidents and the second victim was able to run away from the suspects.

According to the alert, though officers did a check of the area for the vehicle, they were not able to locate one that matched the descriptions.

The suspect who was allegedly carrying a gun is described as an adult male between 20 and 25 years old, standing between 6’0″  and 6’4″ tall with a shaved or buzzed cut hair and wearing a beanie cap and dark clothing.

The suspect who was allegedly carrying a knife is described as a 5’6″ male of the same age and a stocky build and is described as wearing a brown zip-up sweatshirt, baggy pants and a dark colored scarf.

View Robbery, Attempted Robbery 12/14/2011 in a larger map

Sarah Burns is the assistant city news editor.