Occupy Oakland protesters march to International House

Occupy protesters gathered on the steps of International House and set up tents on the lawn.
Katherine Chen/Staff

Update, Monday 9:15 p.m: At a general assembly meeting Monday evening, protesters continued to discuss how to better organize and increase attendance at Occupy Cal events. As of the meeting, there were no plans to set up tents again.

Protesters from Occupy Oakland converged on UC Berkeley Saturday evening, the day after 18 Occupy Cal protesters were detained when their encampment was cleared from the front of Doe Library.

About 40 protesters from Oakland marched down Telegraph Avenue, eventually reaching the International House on Piedmont Avenue at around 11 p.m. An “Occupy the Truth” conference was held this weekend at I-House, and protesters set up five tents to show solidarity with the conference.

House administrators agreed to let the encampment remain on the lawn overnight as long as the steps leading up to the entrance were kept clear for traffic, according to Shirley Spiller, chief financial officer for the house.

“We just talked to one of the event managers at I-House,” said UC Berkeley senior Navid Shaghaghi. “We just want a peaceful night.”

At the height of the protest — when the Oakland group first reached the campus and about 60 people congregated on the steps in front of I-House — eight UCPD officers wearing helmets guarded the doors at the entrance of I-House.

UC Berkeley junior Cody Boutilier, who lives in I-House, said the congregation of protesters on Saturday evening showed an “utter disrespect” for I-House residents.

“I think at this point, it is not a question of whether one agrees with the message,” Boutilier said. “There is no message.”

According to campus spokesperson Janet Gilmore, UCPD maintained its presence throughout the night to monitor both the Oakland group and campus group and to help ensure the events “concluded without incident.” Six officers and about 15 protesters remained at I-House overnight.

At about 11:48 p.m., protesters began an “anti-repression tour” around campus to places where police and protester confrontations have occurred, which included a visit to Wheeler Hall, Upper Sproul and the oak trees in which Berkeley community members — including Zachary RunningWolf, who was at the march — held tree-sits in 2007.

This began a dialogue between members of Occupy Cal and Occupy Oakland about how Occupy Oakland could become more involved with movements on campus.

The earlier Occupy Cal encampment began in front of Sproul Hall Feb. 9, the three-month anniversary of the contentious Nov. 9 Occupy Cal protest, and ended Friday morning when police cleared the encampment in front of the library.

“There has always been tons of interaction between Occupy Oakland and Occupy Cal. We’ve sent tons of delegates to (Occupy Oakland) marches,” said graduate student Ian Saxton. “It has always been an important for Occupy Cal to be connected with the marches.”

As of 1:20 a.m., six UCPD officers maintained guard at the entrance of the house while the remaining approximately 15 protesters ate pizza in preparation for spending the night on the lawn.

After attending the conference on Sunday, members of Occupy Cal cleared their encampment Sunday afternoon around 3:30 p.m.

The overnight encampment was created to show solidarity for the conference, and protesters cleared it after the conference ended because according to Shaghaghi, there was no reason to prolong the encampment.

“Our goal was to have a good relationship with I-House managers (throughout the encampment) and we did that,” Saxton said.

He added that because members of Occupy Oakland and Occupy Berkeley joined Occupy Cal protesters in camping overnight and in attending the conference, this created an environment that could foster future collaboration between the movements.

The group is now focusing on planning events for a March 1 nationwide Day of Action and a subsequent rally in Sacramento on March 5 to protest decreased state funding for public education.

Staff writer Curan Mehra contributed to this report.

• Semper Fi

The commie scum in Occupy are starting to become a worse enemy to this country than Al Qaeda and  otherIslamic militant groups. It is too bad the administration does not have the testicular fortitude to deal with these professional agitators in the way that they should.

• Enlighten Me

Your McCarthyism is showing. How exactly is Occupy “becoming a worse enemy to this country than Al Qaeda?” Please enlighten me.

• http://pulse.yahoo.com/_WRACM77JT2RXUR3LMGDPPUGUYY Tony M

[Dude, Chris, if you any Tony hung out then you would both have to real
    life friends to talk about this with OFF of the internet, so maybe you
    can enjoy the fact that this is a total construction]

You just wake up or what?

• KeepItComing

I assume you’ve been up all night waiting for me ;)

No, just having coffee.

[I guess that's what happens when you are in the military and go to Cal,
    you gotta brag about superficial trips to foreign countries where you
    exploit the local population and culture for your personal pleasure
    since you get none at home, from your job, from your friends, from
    yourself because of your bigoted, obviously depressed]

Here’s a helpful hint. Save the amateur psychoanalysis for your friends and don’t quit your day job…

• http://www.facebook.com/VoteforChange2012 Christopher Neal

From 400 to 75 to now 40. These losers obviously do not have a clue. That asswipe Mr. Running Wolf should be arrested for arson. If that loser lit our American flag on fire in front of me, he would breath his last breath. Fucking idiots. “Members of Occupy Cal may be burned out? Yep, true, true…

• Guest

An encampment in front of the ihouse now?  Guys, this is simply in poor taste.  Really, it is.

['degrade themselves with their infantile and violent behavior.'
    I don't see violence reported in this article.]

The fact it wasn’t reported in this particular article doesn’t mean that Occupy Oakland is a peaceful movement, given that it has been involved in rioting, vandalism, looting, and at least one death to date.

Moreover expressing grievances in the public square is clearly a protected right of the people – too bad you think such a thing is infantile.

Never said free speech was infantile, despite your laughably pathetic attempt to distort what I have said.

In light of those facts, I must ask you one question: Did you even complete high school?

You want the full answer? I took the CHSPE to get out of HS early, then the ASVAB, scoring 99th percentile on both, allowing me to join the USAF with the effective equivalent of a GED. Completed about 1 year of CC while in the Air Force, enrolled at a local CC when I got out, completed an AS with honors in Chemistry, was accepted to Cal as a transfer student, graduated with a  BSChE in 1995. So make of it what you want, I really don’t care.

• GoHomeTony

explains yer bitterness, you couldn’t get in here expediently, and you had to transfer, plus were forced to have yer mind completely washed and rung out by the military.

How am I bitter? I wanted to join the Air Force and get out on my own away from my parents. As an aircrewmember, I had the chance to travel to Alaska, Hawaii, Guam, the Marshall Islands, Panama, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, Korea, the Philippines, Thailand, the UK, Spain, Germany, Italy, Greece, Turkey, Egypt, Diego Garcia, the Azores, and other places that I can’t even remember. I generally enjoyed my experience and never regret doing it, as it gave me a chance to see places, learn how to handle responsibility at an early age, and taught me some appreciation for my own country. Sounds like some of the petulant whiners would have benefitted from such an experience as well. They might learn there’s a world outside of themselves.

• CmonTony

Which attests to very little from your mouth. It’s honestly not hard to live the manufactured life where everything is laid out an presented to you in a limited field of choice.  If it was hard to be in the military, if it was hard to acquire a computer, if it was hard to travel to a foreign land for a short uninvested stint, then millions of people the world over (or in the US military alone) wouldn’t have done them a zillion times over. I know you were probably raised in an america where people taught you, You are Special, If You Accomplish You Deserve It and Did It Yourself Because You Can Do Anything but uh now you just sound like the whiners from Occupy you chastise so much when yer personally attacked.

I’m not sure what your beef is/was, other than perhaps you’re suffering some some narcissistic injury from having your beloved Occupy movement ridiculed and criticized. As for “manufactured life”, nothing’s more manufactured than going straight from high school to college without any life experience, other than perhaps pretending you’re some junior street revolutionary marching around and demanding attention all the time. At least the majority of the HS-direct-to-Cal crowd actually have a semblance of a workable plan, which is more than I can say about camping out with a bunch of homeless, criminals, and professional losers, thinking somehow you’re going to change the world…

• Stan de SD

[I know you were probably raised in an america where people taught you,
            You are Special, If You Accomplish You Deserve It and Did It Yourself
            Because You Can Do Anything}

You sound like you have some issues with my country. Why don’t you pack your bags and move to North Korea or Venezuela or Zimbabwe, where the socialist mentality might be far more to your liking?

• Stan de SD

“It’s honestly not hard to live the manufactured life”

And what is your life and your entire Occupy “movement” but a pathetic little re-enactment of St Petersburg in 1917, pretending that the local cops trying to protect people and property for your capricious violence and vandalism are somehow the equivalent of the Imperial Tsar’s Secret Police? Heck, at least those southern rednecks at those Civil War re-enactments know their history. OTOH, you and your ilk NEVER learn from history if you think the future lies in some bastardized mix of Marxism and whatever crap Noam Chomsky is peddling this week.

• Guest

ur wrong my role model is Ms. Yvette Felarca and shes really smart. im a member of BAMN and well get affirmative action used in cal agin. just u wait and see the courts will overturn it just liek they overturn bad prop8 bill.

[ur wrong my role model is Ms. Yvette Felarca and shes really smart.]

Maybe “smart” compared to you….

[im a member of BAMN and well get affirmative action used in cal agin.]

Looks like it’s still there if they let your dumb ass in (and I’m wondering if anyone can be that f*cking stupid, or if you’re just trolling).

• Rog

Oh Tony.  The incorrect spellings in the original “Yvette is my role model” post were bait and you just ate it up.  You’ve been played, boy.

An excellent article on the bad joke and waste of taxpayer money known as “Ethnic Studies”:

Taxpayers traditionally fund scholarship because it advances knowledge. Astrophysics professors uncover the history of the universe, archeologists find and decode ancient civilizations and English professors discover new meaning in very old books. More to the point, professors of a variety of subjects are needed to provide students with a general education outside their majors: history, science, creative arts and how to enjoy a good book.

No problem there, at least not for me. Students need general education, dead authors should be remembered, and it’s nice to know that there are a lot of very weird planets out there; at least I think so. And it certainly doesn’t hurt to have loads of Nobel Prize winners working here in California. The taxpayers have always agreed, although they might think that their public universities have gone overboard, hiring a lot of highly paid academic celebrities who don’t spend much time in the classroom.

However, the taxpayers have never agreed that it is their duty to spend millions on academic departments whose published mission statements are overtly political, hostile, sexist, and even racist — not to mention incoherent. Here is the first paragraph of the mission statement of the SFSU College of Ethnic Studies:

The mission of the College of Ethnic Studies is to provide safe academic spaces and resources for all to learn the histories and contexts in which to practice the theories of resistance and liberation in order to eliminate racism and other forms of oppression; and to study in the first person voice the cultural and intellectual traditions of these peoples that are often ignored or misrepresented in the current U.S. academic canons.

And that’s just the first paragraph: one sentence, 72 words long. Someone needs to retake Dumbbell English. Translated into Standard English, this snippet appears to mean that the College of Ethnic Studies is a school for terrorism and totalitarianism, here and abroad, under the guise of opposing racism. This, in an age when the president of the United States is a black man and his chief opponent for the nomination in 2008 was a woman. And for a while this fall, it looked as if a black sitting president would face another black man in the general election.

It’s also a lie. “Current academic canons” are slanted outrageously in the direction of Ethnic Studies ideology. Just take a course in Middle Eastern history, virtually anywhere, and you will find out.

On the other hand, what does one expect of an academic program founded in paranoid racism, terrorism, and extortion?

http://www.calwatchdog.com/2011/12/20/time-to-flunk-biased-ethnic-studies/

• University Of Fail

UCPD guarding I-house, riot helmets and is that a shotgun?
    what a bunch of jack-booted blowhards,
    the administration is terrified of people carrying hand made signs,
    fucking sad

Waa-aah.

• Guest

You are sad, you supporter of these anarchist losers.

• GoHomeInaccurateFacts

They aren’t anarchists… have you read anything about anarchism or can you define it in and how it relates to these people at Occupy Cal?  The answer is no, because I’ve talked to them an they definitely are not anarchists. The anarchists left campus struggles at least a year ago. 

Anarchists, communists, socialists, same difference: they all preach some utopian scheme that never works and eventually collapses into either a dictatorship or mob rule.

• TheyAreSpelledDifferentToo

Nope not true at all, but I guess from the other side of a computer screen it might seem that way. Get out and talk to them sometime, make a friend or two.

I don’t waste time talking to idiots who think they are going to change the world by hanging out with homeless, druggies, and gutter punks. The ones who are going to “change the world” get their degrees and accept real responsibilities as mature adult workers, enterpreneurs, tax-payers and responsible adults, not squatting in tents, looking for confrontations, and making total asses of themselves in the quest to peddle some entirely unworkable political philosophy.

If a crazed mob with a documented history of violent and criminal behavior was heading my place, I would want the cops out there ready to kick butt and protect my property as well. You’re clearly another one of the fruit-loop contingency, who thinks it’s everyone else’s obligation to submit to you nutters and your silly crusade.

You are deliberately toying with us, aren’t you?  The misspellings and
    catering to stereotypes, etc.?  You’re not actually that dumb, I
    believe.

I had wondered that myself, and clicked on the avatar to read this person’s previous posts. The only one that deviates from the norm is in (gramatically piss-poor) Spanish. I couldn’t tell if it was the work of that person or a cut-and-paste.

• Guest

i dont know what spanish ur talking about. i dont use spanish in forums becuase i dont know spanish that well. u can make fun of me all u want but im who i am and im proud of myself. i dont need u to make me feel good. now go drinks some more of ur beear by urself and ill go to bed now since im just finished showering.

[i dont know what spanish ur talking about.]

Try clicking on your avatar and searching your previous posts. If it wasn’t you, it was someone sharing your computer/connection or IP address. Get a clue.

• average student

hey  - just wanted to say i’m really glad you’re not letting the cruelty of the daily cal commenting club get to you. they can be pretty inhuman, and even though you responded with a few ad hominem attacks yourself, you’ve still behaved more maturely than all of them. i’m glad you don’t take their behavior to heart.

• Guest

[If that's really true, no wonder this state is f*cked. So which
    AA/diversity ticket did you get in on, the one for gays or the one for
    the mentally challenged?]

i got in becuase im smart and i got
    good grades. i’m majoring in ethnic studies and i got a 3.2 last
    semester better than u ever got i bet in ur school so u can go suck
    it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (and dont make meen jokes about me again thats not cool and not nice adn shows u need to go back to kindergardan

[i got in becuase im smart and i got good grades. i'm majoring in ethnic studies]

That explains a lot. Are you as stupid and illiterate in your native tongue as you are in English?

• Guest

ethnic studies is a good major. u learn a lot about history and how people werent treated so nice back then and still arent treated nice now. and their people like u that make meen jokes about gay people. i do well in ethnic studies classes. im passionate about it and i get A’s in a lot of the classes. have u ever taken an ethnic studies class. youl like it if u do. its very enlightning and enriching.

[ethnic studies is a good major. u learn a lot about history and how people werent treated so nice back then and still arent treated nice now.}

TRANSLATED: You learn how to be a victim and a crybaby because you lack the intellectual capability and/or the academic background to take a more academically demanding major, then wonder why you can’t find a decent job when you get out of school. Another useless course of study designed to be a self-fulfilling prophesy. But thanks for illustrating what type of losers Cal is admitting in the name of “diversity”. No wonder the taxpayers are pissed…

[ im passionate about it and i get A's in a lot of the classes.]

Now here’s the punchline: the average Cal engineering grad with a “B” major will wind up with a job paying more in taxes than you will ever earn, even with an “A” in Ethnic Studies (which I have a hard time believing anyway, given that you’re functionally illiterate).

• HowManyHoursTonyLOL

Oh shit cool guy had to delete something. He probably realized it was inapparopriate to talk about how he is got awesome actions from those little hostesses in Japan so he can fulfill his desire for physical human closeness… I guess that’s what happens when you are in the military and go to Cal, you gotta brag about superficial trips to foreign countries where you exploit the local population and culture for your personal pleasure since you get none at home, from your job, from your friends, from yourself because of your bigoted, obviously depressed, and hysterical ravings contained on an LCD (cause you make lots of money from yer slick job right hahaha) or CRT (if you arent as cool as you say you are) from a COLLEGE newspaper that has VERY LITTLE legitimacy? 

Have you reconsidered what you are doing with your life lately? You said you graduated from Cal then FUCKING GRADUATE AND STOP READING THE TERRIBLE STUDENT NEWSPAPER and grow up. Being informed about campus events will NOT help you get laid when you return for alumni weekend and try to pick up young college girls.

• Guest

i was accepted becuase i got good grades. u cant take taht a way from me. u must be jelous. do u not liek u major and must make fun of other people major? well ethnic studie teach me alot and i learned a lot. ill be doing well when i graduate thank you very much.

• OTHER

You are deliberately toying with us, aren’t you?  The misspellings and catering to stereotypes, etc.?  You’re not actually that dumb, I believe.  

[i was accepted becuase i got good grades. u cant take taht a way from me. u must be jelous.]

Not at all. I got “good grades” and graduated with a BSChE, then wound up working in Japan, Europe, Israel and Mexico. In fact, I will be in Osaka in April, for my 46th or 47th (I lose count) trip to Asia. Believe me, there’s no sweeter revenge to the PC bullsh!t in Berkeley than having a few beers at shacho-san’s favorite hostess bar before an inspection tour of the local soapland. But don’t worry, I will be thinking about all of you protesters camped out in your silly tents. その言葉を信じてはいけない!

Now
          here’s the punchline: the average Cal engineering grad with a “B” major
          will wind up with a job paying more in taxes than you will ever earn,
          even with an “A” in Ethnic Studies (which I have a hard time believing
          anyway, given that you’re functionally illiterate).

• XMajor-YMinor

B major? They arent playing music genius. I get B Majors everyday.

Also, you can pay the same taxes no matter which job the two of you have and no matter what grades you have.  If you have a lot of charitable donations, or a lot of investment, your taxes will not be paid they way you are suggesting they are paid/taken by having a “better job”.When Mitt Romney is ACTUALLY paying more than my mother in taxes I’ll listen to you. Otherwise you are using terms and comparisons that have no basis in contextual fact, and you try to exploit them as logic when they clearly are manipulated facts to produce a teleological conclusion. STOP LOOKING STUPID AND POSTING NON-FACT AS FACT GENIUS. It depresses me that someone like you learned how to reason, realize logical fallacy and understand when things are contingent and contextually accurate.

Are you done frothing and foaming yet?

Yes, it should have read “B in his major”, not B major. I make typos and mistakes from time to time, I admit that – and so does everyone else. That’s far different than post after post of completely butchered spelling and grammar as exhibited by a certain other poster here. As far as the rest of your silliness goes, you honestly think your mother is paying more in taxes than Mitt Romney? If anyone is posting “non-fact as fact”, it’s clearly you.

• Debbie’s Mom

Oh my God!!! Shut the f*ck up!!! Your English is terrible. Stop trolling the comments!!!

• Guest

another beear?? well u must be all lonly all by urself with no gf or bf
    with u. well guest what i have a bf and we treat each other real nice.

[well u must be all lonly all by urself with no gf or bf with u.]

Sorry, I’m not going to take you up on your invitation.

• Guest

well i wouldnt want a bigoted bf liek u anyways. mine is 10000000 times much better than u.

But I thought you said he sucks… oh, nevermind.

• Guest

more jokes agin?? u realy dont learn dou?

You’re the one who doesn’t learn, my silly little pull-toy.

• GreatestComedianEvarrr

I’m glad you are proud of having cyber-pull-toys, no one is probably around for you to interact with in the non-digital world. I mean honestly, FOR FUN, EVERYDAY you talk to obviously fake people trying to rile you and make you extend yer arguments to the most untentable conclusions that make you look like a dumbass. 

I await the day when it becomes meme-worthy enough (and we get yer picture) to have the numerous campus publications parody you. It’s coming Tony M, keep pushing!

• Guest

[Sorry, just because you're into that doesn't mean anyone else is interested... ]

yet another homopohobic mean spritied joke. WHY U MAKE SUCH MEAN COMMENTS ABOUT WE GAY PEOPLE?????????!!!!!!

Once again (for the mentally impaired), I’m not belittling you for being gay. I’m ridiculing your illogical insistence that the rest of us take you and your movement seriously, given that you’re demonstrably uneducated, borderline illiterate, and a total dumbsh!t.

• Guest

but uve made lots a meen jokes abouit gay people taht have nothing to do with Occupy. u making fun of me other gay people. theres a word for that: bigoted.

Rest assured I haven’t made as many jokes about gay people as I have about stupid ones, even if they did go over your head.

• Guest

i’m shocked. uterly shocked

Well, that will teach you to stick it in the light socket…

Oh, cut the victimization crap. I make fun of you because you’re a f*cking idiot, not because you’re a homo.

• Guest

well then stop ur homohpobic coments. their rediculous and no one would liek u becos of them. thats why u probly dont even have a wifey or a hubby or a gf or a bf!! or do u…

The more I read, the more I like Tony M. for his wit and laugh at your dimwittery, there, Guest buddy…

• TrolledForLife

Dude, Chris, if you any Tony hung out then you would both have to real life friends to talk about this with OFF of the internet, so maybe you can enjoy the fact that this is a total construction, and you two have been yanked on by the biggest and most obvious joke this side of the Opinion section.

• Guest

[And like I said earlier, you're pretty damn stupid, even for an idiot.]

thats just malevelent . i dont liek u

I can’t tell you how heartbroken I am to hear that.

(on that note, I think I’m ready for another beer…)

• BeerBellyJelly

Dude if you keep getting yer chain yanked by this obviously trolling guest, you are going to choke.. You definitely dont need another beer at inb the middle of the night to keep yer.. comment section posts on a student newspaper website… interesting, your sillyness is enough. Besides all those empty beer calories will get you fatter and make it harder to tear yourself away from the screen!

• Guest

u shud be. and i’m just wondring. did u even complet kindergardan?? u dont know how to be respectable to people

[did u even complet kindergardan??]

Yes, and I even learned how to spell it, which means I obviously pursued my education farther than you did. Come on now, did you drop out of Head Start or what?

• Guest

no i’m proud oto say i’m in university – cal. well…if u went to kindergardan then u shud know that being rude is not OK

[no i'm proud oto say i'm in university - cal.]

If that’s really true, no wonder this state is f*cked. So which AA/diversity ticket did you get in on, the one for gays or the one for the mentally challenged?

Dude, there is no FUCKING WAY that you, Guest, are a UC Berkeley student with your failed intellect.

• Guest

[You think it's not depressing to lose a son in war?]

YOUR MISING THE PINT!!!! YOU SAID “even worse, finding out he’s a homosexual.” LOSING A SON IN WAR IS REALLY BAD, BUT TERES NATHING WRONG WITH A GAY SON!!!!!

You just keep stepping in it, doncha?

• Guest

U keep avaiding the question. why u say meen things about gay ppl???

r u jelous that u dont have love in
        ur life. u a bachelor all alone. wel i have a bf and well get maried
        soon becuase of the courts that overturn a bad prop8.

I never said anything “mean” about gay people. I did point out it can be rather depressing to have a son then find out he likes sex with other men. That’s a reality that most parents would understand, whether you care to accept it or not. However, I’m not making fun of you because you’re a self-proclaimed homosexual (I really don’t care one way or another). I’m ridiculing you because you’re clearly a dimwit who doesn’t know when he’s making a fool of himself. At least try to get THAT part “straight”, even if you’re completely confused about the other part.

• Guest

many parrents are open minded an have open hearts. they dont mind if
            they have gay sons. u homophobic comment are rly meen. were u one of
            those bigot that voted for prop8. well u know what u got overturn by the
            courts. we will get maried irregardless of whether u treat us mean. so
            suck it!!!!!!!!!!!

[suck it!!!!!!!!!!!}

Sorry, just because you’re into that doesn’t mean anyone else is interested…

• DerpTheBlerp

DERP but you still dont get it Tony!! hahahahhahaha

• Guest

[I can put your concerns to rest, and assure you that I am not drinking bear.]

dont mock me , u know what i mean!

[dont mock me , u know what i mean!]

Why not, given it’s cheap entertainment?

• Guest

dud, its just not ok to treat people like that. is this the way that you were raised to behave (or rather  are being raised to behave)? do we need to send a note home to yo mother?

[dud, its just not ok to treat people like that.]

Why not? After all, you seem to like it, considering that you keep coming back for more. Even the dumbest mutt learns not to stick his nose in the fence if he gets whacked every time he does it. You’re apparently not even up to that level of cognitive performance.

• Guest

liek i said earlier “i’m maryring myself by trying to save other people from your vitriol”

And like I said earlier, you’re pretty damn stupid, even for an idiot.

[sory what's that mean? (i'm not trying to be clueess here, i honesty dont know what you mean)]

In the textspeak of your generation, consider yourself pwned.

• Guest

sory tahts not how it works. if u wanta havea colegial, academic discussion here where everyones respectable, that’s not how u respond

[sory tahts not how it works.]

You’re the last one who should be lecturing other people on what works or not.

• Guest

oh thenu  are?? NO UR THE LAST ONE MEISTER

Apparently you’re still not getting it. Maybe you could see things a lot more clearly if you stopped licking the screen.

• GoogleIsaFriendMine

Yanking the chain goes back pretty far.. you know to the time they invented chains hundreds of years ago.. I’m surprised you haven’t stubled upon it in yer internet adventures!

“YANK (SOMEONE AROUND/SOMEONE’S CHAIN) — vb. American to mislead, deceive, harass or irrate. The image on which the expression is based is that of a chained or leashed animal or prisoner being thoughtlessly or maliciously jerked about or led in different directions…”
      And you cannot figure out why this is happening but you keep engaging in it anyway lol.

• Guest

tony m, our relationships are normal an the courts afirmed that.prop 8 got detrmined unconstitutional by the court so gay people can mary soon. U should embrase us and not treat us so bad

I can never embarrass you as much as you are embarrassing yourself with your string of laughably illiterate rantings.

• Guest

plz respond earnestly

I am trying to be as serious as possible without snorting beer out my nose while reading your posts. Seriously, we need to get a comedy team together, except it sounds like you would have a problem playing the “straight” man…

• Guest

ok i think this is teh problem. your drinking bear ! and dont u see how many drunk drivin accidents theirve been

[ok i think this is teh problem. your drinking bear]

I can put your concerns to rest, and assure you that I am not drinking bear.

I would totally fucking pay BIG TIME to see this comedy act!

• Guest

ok why are u against we gay people ??? why you say such bad thing about us ?

I don’t have a problem with gay people. I have a problem with STUPID people. Do you feel better now?

• Guest

THEN WHY DID YOU SAY “How about losing your son in Iraq or Afghanistan, or even worse, finding
            out he’s a homosexual? You don’t think people get depressed over that?”

THATS SO MEEN AND RUDE!!!!!!!

You think it’s not depressing to lose a son in war?

[look dud, it dosent matter how goood my spelling is. all that matters is
    that i get my message across (as you sayed) and you clearly understood
    me.]

Oh, you got your message across, alright. You’re an illiterate, uneducated dimwit, who is apparently unemployable but can’t figure out why…

• Guest

your conduct here is just digusting. i’m realy disgusted.

Maybe it’s time for you to go back home and ask Mommy to change your environmentally friendly cloth diaper. Really now, you complain about how I’m treating you but you keep coming back for more. How clueless can you get?

• Guest

i’m not being clueless at all. i’m maryring myself by trying to save other people from your vitriol. its just rediclous how your acting !

[i'm not being clueless at all.]

Au contraire, my little pull-toy. Your chain is being yanked, and you can’t even figure out why. :O)

• Guest

sory what’s that mean? (i’m not trying to be clueess here, i honesty dont know what you mean)

• WinnerWinnerChikenDinner

*Buzzer Sound* WRONG! 

[i dont know why your hurlings all these personal attaks at me!]

In other words, you’re too clueless to figure out you’re projecting yourself as an uneducated fool.

[its disorienting. and i'm proud d to say that i'm an ocupier! so what?
    we're saving the world from corporate destruction]

Sorry, but the likes of you trying to “save the world” is akin to fighting a forest fire with a squirt gun. Maybe you should concentrate on saving your own ass from a lifetime of minimum wage drudgery instead, and spend your evenings taking some adult literacy classes instead of parading around with a bunch of street people and sleeping in a tent.

• Guest

[The march comes the day after 18 Occupy Cal protesters were detained
    when their encampment was cleared from in front of Do Library.

“Do Library”?

• guest

Bad enough we have a  bunch of attention-whore children without the syncophants of the Daily Cal treat them like some great movement. These losers aren’t even newsworthy anymore, and have worn out their welcome.

• Guest

dud stop degredating occupy !

• Guest

Learn to spell, idiot.

• Guest

spelilng doesnt detremine the quality of ones words

It determines how much value you place on effective communication and getting your message across as an educated, rational adult vs. coming across as an illiterate doofus. If you won’t even TRY to use proper spelling, grammar, and punctuation when composing a post to an online discussion, you clearly don’t take yourself or your own message seriously, so why should anyone else?

• Guest

look dud, it dosent matter how goood my spelling is. all that matters is that i get my message across (as you sayed) and you clearly understood me. i take everything i do seriously, thank you very much !

• Guest

and what’s also alarmings me is that your the homophobe who said “How about losing your son in Iraq or Afghanistan, or even worse, finding
            out he’s a homosexual? You don’t think people get depressed over that?” at http://www.dailycal.org/2012/02/10/149908/. your shud be ashame of urself for ur narrow-mindedness and bigotry

Give him a break, he’s a product of the publick ejamacation system.

• Guest

now why are you degradating me ?? no wonder everyones with occupy ! its because there are people like you in teh world.go occupy !

You know, you’re pretty stupid, even for an idiot.

They degrade themselves with their infantile and violent behavior.

• Guest

no yourjust too narrow-minded to consider otherwise. stop it !

If you’re representative of the academic and intellectual performance of the average Occupy participant, no wonder people with some semblance of brains and common sense want nothing to do with you. Seriously, you can’t be a Cal student. Did you even complete high school?

• Guest

i dont know why your hurlings all these personal attaks at me! its disorienting. and i’m proud d to say that i’m an ocupier! so what? we’re saving the world from corporate destruction

• TonyM FAILZ Again

‘degrade themselves with their infantile and violent behavior.’
            I don’t see violence reported in this article. Moreover expressing grievances in the public square is clearly a protected right of the people – too bad you think such a thing is infantile.

In light of those facts, I must ask you one question:
            Did you even complete high school?

• Eric Bordax

Wow get grammared, idiot.

• Guest

If you think they are violent, then your value judgements on what is and isn’t news worthy is an intellectual violence much worse than anything the protestors–or the police for that matter–have done. The news is here to inform indiscriminately. Not to support or detract from any present happenings. Go organize an anti-occupy protest, the news isn’t here to lobby your personal interest.

• Guest

Fuck these assholes.