State of the Art: Hotel Murals, Rick Santorum, and Happy Hour

MWM_Vinnci_Bit_Barcelona_1
MWM Graphics/Courtesy

Abroad: Matt W. Moore at Vincci Bit Hotel in Barcelona

Vivid geometric graphics now cover the hallway of Vincci Bit Hotel’s fourth floor in Barcelona. The creator behind this massive multi-colored optical illusion is Maine-based artist Matt W. Moore, who used 14 gallons of paint to complete the 50-foot mural. Guests will be able to explore these hypnotizing hallways starting at the hotel’s grand opening this April.

US: Portrait of Rick Santorum
A close look at this photograph of Rick Santorum reveals much more than a fuzzy reproduction of the politician’s portrait. Posted by Unicorn Booty, a blog devoted to newsrelevant to the gay community, Santorum’s picture is composed entirely of gay porn images.

Unicorn Booty/Courtesy

San Francisco: “So You Think You Can Paint?”

Happy hour in San Francisco gets creative with Club Six’s “So You Think You Can Paint?” Every Thursday at 7, hip-hop club provides the paints, brushes, music, food, cheap drinks and tons of wall space to anyone who’s in the mood for some drinking and painting.
Club Six/Courtesy

East Bay: “Fetish” and “Spilt Milk” at Manna Gallery

Inspired by indigenous Alaskan and Pacific Islander craftsmen, Dan Weber will be featuring his small wooden sculptures in his show “Fetish.” In “Spilt Milk,” Wayne Armstrong demonstrates his mastery of subtly in both color and composition through a series of figural and landscape paintings. The artists will be engaging with visitors and answering questions at the opening reception on Saturday.

Manna Gallery/Courtesy

Campus Area:
Landscape architect Georges Descombes will be speaking at Wurster Hall on Monday as a part of the College of Environmental Design Lecture Series. Renowned worldwide for his work, Descombes takes a minimalist approach to landscape architecture and values working with the existing landscape to create dynamic spaces and structures.

UC Berkeley Environmental Design/Courtesy