Two strong arm robberies occur within minutes

Southside saw two strong arm robberies within five minutes of each other on Wednesday.

In the first incident, a 33-year-old man was walking on the 2500 block of Telegraph Avenue at 8:30 p.m. when a man approached him and robbed him of his phone, according to a UCPD crime alert.

At 8:35 p.m. just about a block away, a 44-year-old man was standing at the intersection of Blake Street and Chilton Way when he was approached by a man who allegedly robbed him of his laptop, according to a UCPD crime alert.

Neither victims were injured in the incidents and police could not locate either suspects.

View Strong arm robberies 2.29.12 in a larger map

Soumya Karlamangla is the city news editor

• AlgorithmicAnalyst

blaming the 1% as Occupy does won’t do any good. What is needed are programs similar to food stamps to provide basic needs such as rent, health care, and education. The current educational loan program is a disgrace, besides violating economic theory.

• Stan De San Diego

Do you even have any idea what you are talking about? The idea that the government has to take care of  “basic needs” is what got this country in trouble in the first place.

• Current student

Good job deleting the description of the suspects’ race from the UCPD crime alerts, daily cal.

PC for the win !

• Tony Gitmo TinyBalls

as of 8:25 pm 3/2/2012 there does not appear to be any relevant info at the UCPD website
      (Feb 29th alerts are the most recently listed)
      maybe if you bothered to actually check the availability of relevant information before putting fingers to keyboard you would not embarrass yourself so often!

don’t worry little racist troll, soon enough UCPD will provide the information you so desperately need to get your rocks off.

PS: I heard the real criminals in the country are mostly white males… burn, retard.
      http://www.capitalismwithoutfailure.com/2012/02/bill-black-and-dylan-ratigan-on-why.html

• Stan De San Diego

You’re the biggest troll in the Daily Cal, loser.

• GoldenBear

I certainly would like a full detailed description of any suspects allegedly involved in a crime, this way I know who to avoid. There is nothing “racist” about the facts.  Anyone arguing that suspect descriptions should exclude possibly crucial information are just plain idiotic.

• Stan De San Diego

No description of the suspect? Wonder why…

• Undergrad

It’s on the UCPD police reports that got sent out – both young African-American men.

• Stan De San Diego

Funny how the writers of these articles stop even including those links to the UCPD web site.

• Calipenguin

Why bother mentioning the race of the suspects when the police are too busy babysitting Occupiers to look for robbery suspects?  Southside residents should know that they perform an important ecological function by providing sustenance to endangered predators from Oakland and Richmond.

• Safara Nyarai

There is usually no description when the assailant is White. 

• Stan De San Diego

If you’re referring to the UCPD bulletins, you are lying.