Farrakhan’s secret relationship

farrakhan_response
Valentina Fung/Staff

Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan addressed an estimated 600 students at UC Berkeley last Saturday and told black students not to befriend any Jew without first reading “The Secret Relationship Between Blacks and Jews,” a book that promotes the thesis that Jews were behind the black slave trade. Heck of a way to start up a friendship!

Scholars both black and white have exposed the NOI book as a pack of lies, a modern day calumny which, much like their medieval analogues — “the Jews poisoned the wells,” “the Jews make matzo with the blood of Christian children” — is meant to incite hatred toward Jewish people. Dangerous hatred. The Daily Californian reports that Jewish students were hurt and shocked. No doubt.

But perhaps what is more shocking is Minister Farrakhan’s own semisecret relationship with the modern day enslavement of black Africans by people (and in countries) that the NOI leader has an interest to protect. In 1994, an African Muslim from Mauritania — Mohammed Athie — and I broke the story of a modern-day slave trade in Mauritania and Sudan in The New York Times. We reported that perhaps 300,000 African Muslims were still serving Arab/Berber masters; “Black Africans in Mauritania were converted to Islam more than 100 years ago,” we wrote, “but while the Koran forbids the enslavement of fellow Muslims, in this country race outranks religious doctrine. These people are chattel: used for labor, sex and breeding. They may be exchanged for camels, trucks, guns or money. Their children are the property of the master.”

In Sudan, Africa’s largest country, we reported that slavery was “making a comeback, the result of a 12-year-old war waged by the Muslim north against the black Christian and animist south. Arab militias, armed by the Government, raid villages, mostly those of the Dinka tribe, shoot the men and enslave the women and children. These are kept as personal property or marched north and sold.” We based our reports on government documents, human rights publications and a stunning interview with a UN official.

The op-ed shocked many. We were encouraged to launch the American Anti-Slavery Group, which would document a modern-day slave trade around the globe but would focus on Sudan and Mauritania as the worst cases of slavery. They are also the most controversial and therefore the least likely to be covered by others.

PBS’s Tony Brown Show, the most popular black news program at the time, invited Mohammed and me to speak about slavery. Immediately after our appearance, we were verbally attacked by Farrakhan’s spokesman, who denied that blacks served Arab masters in Sudan or — worse from the NOI’s point of view — that black Muslims served Arab Muslim masters in Mauritania. Farrakhan’s “calling,” funded in part by Arab dictator Muammar Gaddafi, was to break the black-Jewish civil rights alliance while teaching American blacks that Islam was their path to freedom. Not in Sudan and Mauritania, it wasn’t!

The NOI was serious about shutting us up. Samuel Cotton, a black reporter for the City Sun, New York’s second-largest black paper, conducted a thorough investigation that resulted in a five-part series. “Arab Masters, Black Slaves” screamed across the front page in New York’s news kiosks. The NOI warned Sam. They followed and menaced him when he spoke in Chicago, not far from their headquarters. Sam’s book “Silent Terror” — which chronicled his experience reporting on the Mauritanian slave trade — has since become an underground classic.

At a press conference in Washington, D.C. in 1996, Farrakhan was asked about reports of slavery in Sudan. According to the New York Times, he challenged them: “If slavery exists, go … to Sudan, and come back and tell the American people what you found.” The Baltimore Sun sent two reporters to Sudan. They found and liberated slaves and published a special four-page insert in the paper’s weekend edition. Farrakhan refused their request for an interview and pretty much went radio silent on slavery issues until fairly recently.

Farrakhan has always said that slavery in Sudan and Mauritania was a Zionist lie. Last week, South Sudan, the world’s newest nation, demanded the liberation of 30,000 slaves still held by Arabs in the North. Minister Farrakhan, South Sudan is not a Jewish nation. You met with South Sudanese leaders in the spring of 1994. They begged you for support, and to help free the slaves. They wrote that you told them, “When it comes to a choice between religion or the dignity of the black man I will choose my skin.” You betrayed them. Why?

Why has Farrakhan decided in recent days that he can safely replay his “Jews were the slavers” card? I believe that the anti-Israel/anti-Semitic climate on California’s campuses emboldened him to regurgitate the attack. UC President Mark Yudof condemned Farrakhan’s message but defended his rights to free speech. I wonder what Mr. Yudof would do if a Ku Klux Klan speaker asked for the same rights and a platform on his free-speech campus.

Meanwhile, I encourage the student body to visit our website at www.iabolish.org to learn about the plight of modern day slaves, especially those in Sudan and Mauritania, where political correctness and fear have blocked human rights activists — who should be the slaves’ most vociferous champions — from taking moral action to set them free.

Charles Jacobs is the president of the American Anti-Slavery Group in Boston.

• Dumisani Washington

[UC President Mark Yudof condemned Farrakhan’s message but defended his rights to free speech. I wonder what Mr. Yudof would do if a Ku Klux Klan speaker asked for the same rights and a platform on his free-speech campus.]

Truth.

• peepsqueek

The most successful Muslim operation of the last few hundred years has been the ethnic cleansing and removal of millions of Christians, Jews, Hindus and Buddhists from the Islamic world.  There are 57 Muslims Countries, all members of the United Nations.  What happened to all the indigenous people and beliefs that “rejected” Islam during the Arab/Islamic invasions?

Muslims are at odds with just about everybody- Muslim Shiites against Sunnis in Pakistan, Muslims against Hindus in India, Muslims against Christians in Nigeria, Muslims against Buddhists in Thailand, Muslims against Copts in Egypt, Muslims against Jews in Israel, Muslims against Christians the Philippines, Aceh (Indonesia), Kosovo (Serbia), Muslims against Maronites in Lebanon, Muslims against Hindus in Bangladesh, Muslims against Russian Orthodox, Muslims against Greek Cypriots, Muslims against non-Arab minorities in the Sudan, Muslims against Zoroastrians and Baha’i in Iran…… 

• peepsqueek

Farrakhan should be more circumspect. Notice that he did not mention 1500 years of Muslim/Arab involvement in African slave trading, long before the US even existed.  Nor did he mention receiving large sums of money from Qaddafi of Libya. Libya became a transit and destination country for men and women from sub-Saharan Africa and Asia trafficked for the purposes of forced labor and commercial sexual exploitation.   

• Daysis

Arab apartheid / Muslim apartheid are the largest ‘apartheid systems’, that exist today.
    Virtually all non-Arabs and/or non-Muslims are second class citizens. Among minorities that feel the wrath of the bigoted Arab-Muslim world are:
    * Berbers (native N. Africans, before Arab invasion: Algeria, Libya, Tunisia, Morocco).
    * Copts (indigenous Egyptians suffer from both: Arab racism and Islamic bigotry).
    * Kurds (Examples include: [Saddam’s] Iraq and Syria.
    * Blacks, in Arab lands or in Arab ruled Africa like the genocide in the Sudan and slavery in both Sudan and in Mauritania.
    * Asians, particularly in the Gulf Arab states. [Sex slaves or “plain” slaves).
    * Maronites-Christians [Native Lebanese] suffer from both Arab ethnic racism and religious bigotry, like the massacres in the 1970s by local Muslims and by Palestinian/Syrian forces.
    * Assyrians, are/have been persecuted both racially and religiously. Still very much marginalized in Iraq, for example.
    * Iran is not an Arab country but racism is huge against Kurds, Jews, Turkmens, etc. So is anti-non-Muslim bigotry against Christians, Bahai, Zoroastrians and other in the Islamic republic.
    * Turkey is also a Muslim non-Arab country and Kurds, Greeks, Armenians and other ethnicities have been through much suffering, genocide. Still there’s great wide racism against non-Turkish ethnic groups including racism against Alevis and against Kurds. Turkey’s policy in Cyprus has also been recognized as a real Apartheid by many. All non-Muslims are automatically branded as “foreigners” at the “moderate” Islamic supremacy of Turkey.
    * Chinese, Indians, Christians and other non-Malay, in Malaysia; Chinese, Christians in Indonesia, have long been subject to persecution, race-riots, discrimination, racism and bloodshed.
    * Non-Muslims  or the ‘wrong kind of Muslims,’ in Pakistan; Iraq; Afghanistan, are oppressed and targeted in deadly attacks.
    * All non-Muslims in ‘Islamic Apartheid state’ of S. Arabia.
    * Asians [slaves!] in the Gulf Arab states.
    * Bedoons in Kuwait.
    * Al-Akhdam in Yemen.
    * Gypsies in Jordan.

Islamic-Arab “Palestine” apartheid:
    * Ahmadiyya Muslims are harshly persecuted in (Pakistan and in) the “Palestinian” Apartheid authority and/or by Hamas.
    * Descendants of slaves of the Bedouins are still stigmatized by racist “Palestinians”.
    * Christians are discriminated, persecuted against [especially since Y. Arafat’s Islamization of Bethlehem], by Palestine authority and Hamas regime.

From anti-Jewish Apartheid:
    – The Arab racist apartheid against the Jews attempted genocide ever since the 1920s, (Like Mufti of “Palestine” at his incited massacres, and Egyptian Muslim Brotherhood who called simply ‘to kill Jews’).- Chased out a Million Jews in the late 1940.- Has boycotted and demonized [every logical defensive action is branded “racist”] the Jewish democratic-free-equal-to-all state only because it’s the “other”. It is neither Muslim nor purely Arab.- The Arab racist world continues to play with Arab-Palestinians (grandchildren of Arab immigrants) like ping-pong against Israel.

AND THE BEACON OF APARTHEID HAS THE AUDACITY TO CHARGE MULTI-RACIAL ISRAEL’S BEAUTIFUL DEMOCRACY [THAT OFTEN GIVES PREFERENTIAL TREATMENT FOR ITS ARABS OVER JEWS] WITH THIS TERMINOLOGY?
    THE ARAB DECEPTIVE PROPAGANDA MACHINE THAT ACTS AS IF ARAB-ISLAMIC GENOCIDAL CAMPAIGN IS NOT OBVIOUS TO DETERMINE ISRAEL’S EXTRA SECURITY MEASURES [INCLUDING AN  ANTI-TERROR / ANTI-MASSACRES WALL].
    As if we don’t know the ‘Arab oil lobby’s power’ over the UN and other major international organizations and some African officials to go along with the Arab propaganda.
    Despite some non-Arabs who jump on this wagon out of: ignorance, of confusion complex, or of sheer bigotry, never forget, that this entire “apartheid, racism” label was invented by Arab racists ganging up in the UN since 1975.
    Even promoter of the apartheid-slur [which was actually invented in 1961 by A. Shukairy, who was the henchman and spokesman for the infamous Mufti al-Husseini the Mufti, notorious for being A. Hitler’s ally and adviser on exterminating the Jews. Shukairy also called to throw the Jews into the sea] J. Carter admitted on CNN:  “I recognize that Israel is a wonderful democracy with freedom of speech and equality of treatment under the law between Arab Israelis and Jewish Israelis.” edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0612/12/acd.02.html
    Incidentally, the lying Pallywood machine also created a fake “memorandum” claiming that N. Mandela ever uttered this crappy analogy.
    Last but not least:
    Isn’t it true that the anti-Jewish “apartheid” slur campaign is: 1)  to demonize Jews and 2) to hide the real apartheid practiced by the Arab-Islamic world?

• reggie

THIS BOOK REFUTES, POINT BY POINT THE LIES OF THE ‘SECRET RELATIONSHIP”  BOOK:   http://www.amazon.com/Ministry-Lies-Behind-Relationship-Between/dp/1568580169

• reggie

reztips, you are correct. and i am a black american!!!!   my brothers and sisters who follow fartingcan are shameful.  they don’t know who they are or their true history.
    their minds have been hijacked by hate.

• peepsqueek

May be of interest:  New York Times:  “For the first time in history, more blacks are coming to the United States from Africa than during the slave trade: Since 1990, according to immigration figures, more Africans have arrived voluntarily than the total who disembarked in chains before the United States outlawed international slave trafficking in 1807”.

“African immigration is still a trickle compared with the number of newcomers from Latin America and Asia, but in some ways it is redefining what it means to be African-American: As a result of immigration from Africa and the Caribbean (about 30,000 black immigrants come to the U.S. annually from the Caribbean), the proportion of blacks in the U.S. who are foreign-born has risen to 7.7 percent, from 4.9 percent in the 1990s. In New York City, about 1 in 3 blacks are foreign born.”

• reggie

fartingcan is an evil,  duplicitious slme ball.  he was paid by gaddafi to undermine any black-jewish coalitions.   fartingcan will pay a big price in hell if he does not change his ways.   anyone who defends him is either a racist or an idiot.

• reggie

here’s a point by point book refuting the ‘secret relationship” lie:
    http://www.amazon.com/Ministry-Lies-Behind-Relationship-Between/dp/1568580169

• Machiker

No one twists the truth to incite hate speech more than the radical Islamist. They distort secular and religious history to inspire riots, murder and war. Nice job helping him out Berkeley. You are right up there with the schools who paid to have Ackmadinnerjacket spread his lies. Does free speech include blatant distortion of history and blatant lying to incite the above?

• Madibasambo

Farrakhan you did it, you have done it, you are doing  it, i know you are going to do it. carry on that  i am ready to listen you. I love you, that i am prepared to give my life for the sake of your truth. you healed me when i was sick only by your words. there are no words i can say to express what you are to the black people the way to do it is to listen and lead the life as you say, because i am sure that your words come from God. If they didn’t listen the prophets of God and they killed them, so it is the same they won’t listen you too and if they decide to take you away from us then God will show them that he is the most powerful and he is the creator of everything. At the end you will be the winer for sure.

• Danielmuaiela

We are old enough now to understand what is going on, you will never be able again to tell us lies and if you do we will never believe again . Farrakhan is speaking the truth, and you don’t have to judge him according to what the muslims are doing all over  the world,  because he also believes that  racism in the muslim world   is a fact and so it is in christianity. why are you  so afraid of him, if he is not speaking the truth then prove against  that what he is saying is wrong.  If you enslaved black people  why can’t  you teach the people what real happened. history describes everything  that took a place in time and we need to know it, why do you have to select the history, then it means the history you are teaching us is false,  so, as you can’t tell us , we black people have him as a leader and a teacher to guide and teach us. actually i am African and i am living in africa , but i love his teachings and i am ready to spread it toward the world. you took our history, our language, our culture, our religion and everything we had, so now it is time to know real what happened, and i believe that  at the end we are going to  win because God is always against the oppressor and he is always to help the poor. Your days of ruling the world are over and over.

• LindaRivera

Because of Farrakhan’s power and influence, he could be a powerful force for helping to free the desperate, severely abused Black slaves in Sudan and Mauritania. Eternal shame on Minister Farrakhan for not speaking out for, and fighting with all his might to free the hundreds of  thousands of suffering Black slaves from their Arab Muslim masters.

• Charlesjacobs

Just found incredible video of Arab/Islamic enslavement of blacks:

There seems to be much more on this topic: I just started googling… pretty shocking material. Upsetting.
    Charles Jacobs

• Arafat

I’m a black Muslim and it’s easier for me to blame everyone else for my problems, to whine and moan for handouts than to take responsiblity for myself and for my actions.  Could anyone here spare a dime?

• knowledge

Anti-Israel is not anti-semitic. This remark is offensive – equating a political stance with a bigoted stance on an ancient and respected religion. The modern day Israel is an apartheid regime whose leadership feels backed into a corner – thereby acting irrationally. Israel is the greatest threat to world peace and security. The leaders are waging a demographic war –  attempting to justify ethnic cleansing by claiming the land they occupy was divinely ordained for Jews only. It is an outrage, and an insult to democracy to claim that Israel is legitimate. 

• reztips

“Knowledge”-now that is as much of a misnomer as the Neanderthal who calls himself “Truth” on these posts. 

“Knowledge,” you are an ignorant anal passage. Israel is in no manner, shape or form an “apartheid” state. Name one parallel with the former racist racist, truly apartheid S. Africa and I will send you a bunch of bananas as a prize.

On the other hand, if you want to see true apartheid vs women, gays and dissidents, take a look at your Palestinian pals…

• tom

Read the book!

• Guest

Dr. Ralph A. Austen of the University of Chicago candidly described one instance in 1994 of how
    Blacks and Jews in a scholarly setting collaborated in obfuscating the true nature of the
    historical relationship. Prof. Austen describes a faculty luncheon at the University of Chicago
    Hillel House, where he and Black historian John Hope Franklin, gave a talk on the American Jewish
    community in the nineteenth-century South. His words are revealing and instructive:

After the formal presentation, a member of the audience asked a question about Southern Jewish
    participation in the debate on slavery. As I remember it, Franklin replied that he did not know
    too much about the subject. I recall very clearly one of the Hillel regulars remarking that since
    many of the early Southern Jews were Sephardim who had fled Spanish and Portuguese persecution,
    they must have been sympathetic to the plight of Black slaves.

I remember this statement because it was allowed to pass without comment, although John Hope
    Franklin and I (we discussed it afterwards) were both aware that Sephardi Jews in the New World
    had been heavily involved in the African slave trade. Why did two professional historians in a
    university setting hesitate to provide our colleagues with such an important piece of information?
    I cannot answer for Franklin but I, as a Jew sitting in a Jewish institution that was
    entertaining an African-American guest, felt that pointing out the role of Jews in the history
    of Black slavery would, in this context, have constituted something of a betrayal. I did not want
    to undermine the sense of solidarity between the two communities which had been reinforced by
    Franklin’s very presence, as well as through his references to our common confrontation with
    white Gentile Southern bigots.

Franklin and I, in effect, were condoning a benign historical myth: that the shared liberal
    agenda of twentieth-century Blacks and Jews has a pedigree going back through the entire
    remembered past. Avodim hayinu! We, the Jews, had also experienced history on the side of the
    enslaved and always cried out in anguish against the oppression of the enslavers.

For better or worse, it is no longer possible to maintain that this myth has any but the most
    abstract bearing on the facts of our pre-emancipation relationship with Africans and their New
    World descendants. Jewish students of Jewish history have known it was untrue and, over several
    decades, have produced a significant body of scholarship detailing the involvement of our
    ancestors in the Atlantic slave trade and Pan-American slavery. Until recently, this work remained
    buried in scholarly journals, read only by other specialists. It had never been synthesized in a
    publication for a non-scholarly audience. A book of this sort has now appeared, however, written
    not by Jews but by an anonymous group of African Americans associated with the Reverend Louis
    Farrakhan’s Nation of Islam.

• Truth

Dear Charles Jacobs,

From the article above you wrote: “Scholars both black and white have exposed the NOI book
    as a pack of lies…”

The referenced book, Secret Relationship, is a collection of statements,
    passages, and quotes obtained from Jewish Historians, Scholars, Rabbis, and
    Jewish Publications. If the book represents a “pack of lies,” then these
    historians, scholars, rabbis, and publication are liars since they are the
    original source.

Restated for clarity, these statements, passages, and quotes were taken from
    a collection of identified Jewish sources (in their own words – all references accurately
    provided) and placed in one book published by the Nation of Islam.

So let me get this straight. You’re blaming Louis Farrakhan for compiling
    and re-publishing words already in print, which the original sources are
    Jewish?  Maybe you or one of your colleagues
    can provide clarity on this line of thinking?

Also, can you please provide the scholars who have exposed and proven these
    sources to be false and provide their corresponding research?

Thanks!

• Charlesjacobs

Here you go, “Truth”…

Henry Louis Gates
      Jr, head of the department of
      Afro-American studies at Harvard
      University, in a July 20,
      1992 New York Times opinion editorial called the book “the Bible of the new
      anti-Semitism”, and added that “the book massively misinterprets the
      historical record, largely through a process of cunningly selective quotations
      of often reputable sources.”

He continues,

But its authors could
      be confident that few of its readers would go to the trouble of actually
      hunting down the works cited. For it readers actually did so, they might
      discover a rather different picture. They might find out—form the book’s own
      authorities—that for example, of all the African slaves imported into the New
      World, American Jewish merchants accounted for less than 2 percent, a finding
      sharply at odds with the Nation of Islam’s claim of Jewish “predominance” in
      this traffic. They might find out that in the domestic trade it appears that
      all of the Jewish slave traders combined bought and sold fewer slaves than the
      single gentile firm of Franklin and Armfield…

And Gates concludes, more
      ominously,

However shoddy the
      scholarship of works like “The Secret Relationship” underlying it is something
      even more troubling: the tacit conviction that culpability is heritable. For it
      suggests a doctrine of racial continuity, in which the racial evil of a people
      is merely manifest (rather than constituted) by their historical misdeeds. The
      reported misdeeds are thus signs of an essential nature that is evil.

• Truth

Thanks for highlighting Mr. Gates comments.  While his statements are really strong, I intend to look carefully into his points.  I plan to work through a random sample of the references (numbering over a thousand) to see if they are in fact misrepresentations.  I image this will take some considerable time, but it’s worth it to know the truth and stop this back and forth.

Thanks again.

• Charlesjacobs

Truth, I respect your reliance on actual sources and study. Let me offer here my full article which has links to MY OWN original sources. Please pay special attention to the videos I unearthed — from 17 years ago (I look so young my kids giggled when we found them). Love to hear from you when you get a chance.

In Freedom,
          Charles Jacobs

Farrakhan’s Secret Relationship

Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan addressed
          an estimated 600 students at UC Berkeley last Saturday, and told  Black
          students not to befriend any Jew without first reading “The Secret
          Relationship Between Blacks and Jews,” a book whose thesis is that “the
          Jews” were behind the black slave trade.  Heck of a way to start up a
          friendship!

(AP Photo/M. Spencer Green)

Scholars
          both black and white have exposed the NOI book as a pack of lies, a
          modern day calumny which, much like their medieval analogues — “the
          Jews poisoned the wells,” “the Jews make matzo with the blood of
          Christian children” –is meant to incite hatred for Jewish people.
           Dangerous hatred. The Daily Californian reports that Jewish students
          were hurt and shocked.  No doubt.

But
          what will be more shocking perhaps is Minister Farrakhan’s own
          semi-secret relationship with the modern day slaving of African Blacks
          by people, and in countries, that the NOI leader has an interest to
          protect.  In 1994, an African Muslim from Mauritania  – Mohammed Athie
          — and I broke the story of a modern day slave trade in Mauritania and
          Sudan, in The New York Times .  We reported that “perhaps 300,000”
          African Muslims were still serving Arab/Berber masters. “Black Africans
          in Mauritania were converted to Islam more than 100 years ago,” we
          wrote, “but while the Koran forbids the enslavement of fellow Muslims,
          in this country race outranks religious doctrine. These people are
          chattel: used for labor, sex, and breeding. They may be exchanged for
          camels, trucks, guns or money. Their children are the property of the
          master.”

In
          Sudan, Africa’s largest country, we reported that slavery was “making a
          comeback, the result of a 12-year-old war waged by the Muslim north
          against the black Christian and animist south. Arab militias, armed by
          the Government, raid villages, mostly those of the Dinka tribe, shoot
          the men and enslave the women and children. These are kept as personal
          property or marched north and sold.” We based our reports on government
          documents, human rights publications  and a stunning interview with a UN
          official .

The
          op-ed shocked many. We were encouraged to launch the American
          Anti-Slavery Group (AASG) which would document a modern day slave trade
          around the globe, but would focus on Sudan and Mauritania as the worst
          case of slavery, and the most controversial, and therefore least likely
          to be covered by others.

PBS’s
          Tony Brown Show, the most popular Black news program at the time,
          invited Mohammed and me to speak about slavery. Immediately after our
          appearance, we were attacked by Farrakhan’s spokesman  who denied that
          Blacks served Arab masters in Sudan or – worse from NOI’s point of view,
          that Black Muslims served Arab Muslim masters in Mauritania.
          Farrakhan’s “calling,” after all, funded in part by Arab dictator
          Muammar Khadafy,  was to break the Black/Jewish civil rights alliance
          while teaching American Blacks that Islam was their path to freedom. Not
          in Sudan and Mauritania it wasn’t!

NOI
          was serious about shutting us up.  Samuel Cotton, a black reporter for
          the City Sun, NY’s second largest black paper conducted a thorough
          investigation that resulted in a five part series. “Arab Masters, Black
          Slaves”  screamed across the front page in NYC’s news kiosks. NOI warned
          Sam. They followed and menaced him when he spoke in Chicago, not far
          from their headquarters. Sam’s book, “Silent Terror,”  has become an
          underground classic.

At
          a press conference in D.C in 1996, Farrakhan was asked about reports of
          slavery in Sudan. According to the NY Times , he angrily challenged
          them: “If slavery exists, go … to Sudan, and come back and tell the
          American people what you found.” The Baltimore Sun  sent two reporters
          to Sudan. They found and liberated slaves and published a special four
          page insert in the paper’s weekend edition.  Farrakhan refused their
          request for an interview — and pretty much went radio silent on slavery
          issues… until fairly recently.

Farrakhan
          has always said that slavery in Sudan and Mauritania was a Zionist lie.
          Last week, South Sudan, the world’s newest nation, demanded the
          liberation of 30,000 slaves still held by Arabs in the North.   Minister
          Farrakhan, South Sudan is not a Jewish nation. You met with South
          Sudanese leaders in the Spring of 1994. They begged you for support –
          and to help free the slaves. They wrote that you told them “When it
          comes to a choice between religion or the dignity of the black man I
          will choose my skin.”  You betrayed them. Why?

Why
          has Farrakhan decided in recent days that he can safely re-play his
          “Jews-were-the-slavers” card? I believe that the
          anti-Israel/anti-Semitic climate on California’s campuses emboldened him
          to regurgitate the attack.  UC President Mark Yudof condemned
          Farrakhan’s message, but defended his rights to free speech.
          Interesting. I wonder what Mr. Yudof would do if a KKK speaker asked for
          the same rights — and a platform on his free-speech campus.

Meanwhile,
          I encourage the student body to visit our website at http://www.iabolish.org
          to learn about the plight of modern day slaves, especially those in
          Sudan and Mauritania, where political correctness – and fear – have
          blocked human rights activists — who should be the slaves’ most
          vociferous champions — from taking moral action to set them free.

Scholars both black and white have
          exposed the NOI book as a pack of lies, a modern day calumny which,
          much like their medieval analogues — “the Jews poisoned the wells,”
          “the Jews make matzo with the blood of Christian children” –is meant to
          incite hatred for Jewish people. Dangerous hatred. The Daily Californian reports that Jewish students were hurt and shocked.  No doubt.But
          by

Jacobs with Mauritanian abolitionists

people, and in countries, that the
          NOI leader has an interest to protect.  In 1994, an African Muslim from
          Mauritania  – Mohammed Athie — and I broke the story of a modern day
          slave trade in Mauritania and Sudan, in The New York Times
          .  We reported that “perhaps 300,000” African Muslims were still
          serving Arab/Berber masters. “Black Africans in Mauritania were
          converted to Islam more than 100 years ago,” we wrote, “but while the
          Koran forbids the enslavement of fellow Muslims, in this country race
          outranks religious doctrine. These people are chattel: used for labor,
          sex, and breeding. They may be exchanged for camels, trucks, guns or
          money. Their children are the property of the master.” 

Charles Jacobs receives the Boston Freedom Award from Mayor Menino and Coretta Scott King

In Sudan, Africa’s largest country, we
          reported that slavery was “making a comeback, the result of a
          12-year-old war waged by the Muslim north against the black Christian
          and animist south. Arab militias, armed by the Government, raid
          villages, mostly those of the Dinka tribe, shoot the men and enslave the
          women and children. These are kept as personal property or marched
          north and sold.” We based our reports on government documents, human rights publications  and a stunning interview with a UN official.The
          to be covered by others.PBS’s Tony Brown Journal, the most popular Black news program at the time, invited Mohammed and me to speak about slavery. Immediately after our appearance, we were attacked by Farrakhan’s spokesman
           who denied that Blacks served Arab masters in Sudan or – worse from
          NOI’s point of view, that Black Muslims served Arab Muslim masters in
          Mauritania. Farrakhan’s “calling,” after all, funded
          in part by Arab dictator Muammar Khadafy,  was to break the
          Black/Jewish civil rights alliance while teaching American Blacks that
          Islam was their path to freedom. Not in Sudan and Mauritania it wasn’t!NOI
          investigation that resulted in a five part series. “Arab Masters, Black Slaves”  screamed
          across the front page in NYC’s news kiosks. NOI warned Sam. They
          followed and menaced him when he spoke in Chicago, not far from their
          headquarters. Sam’s book, “Silent Terror,” has become an underground classic.

NOI published a cartoon of Charles Jacobs as a Jewish slave master

At a press conference in D.C in 1996, Farrakhan was asked about reports of slavery in Sudan. According to the NY Times , he angrily challenged them: “If slavery exists, go … to Sudan, and come back and tell the American people what you found.” The Baltimore Sun sent
          two reporters to Sudan. They found and liberated slaves and published a
          special four page insert in the paper’s weekend edition.  Farrakhan
          refused their request for an interview — and pretty much went radio
          silent on slavery issues… until fairly recently. 

Farrakhan has always said that slavery
          in Sudan and Mauritania was a Zionist lie. Last week, South Sudan, the
          world’s newest nation, demanded the liberation of 30,000 slaves still held by Arabs in the North.
            Minister Farrakhan, South Sudan is not a Jewish nation. You met with
          South Sudanese leaders in the Spring of 1994. They begged you for
          support – and to help free the slaves. They wrote that you told them “When it comes to a choice between religion or the dignity of the black man I will choose my skin.”  You betrayed them. Why?Why
          the same rights — and a platform on his free-speech campus.Meanwhile,

Written by Charles Jacobs, President American Anti-Slavery GroupFirst published in The Daily Californian on March 16, 2012

To learn more about Farrakhan and slavery in Sudan read the following articles by:

Steven Wondu – click here for the PDF and Sabit Abbe Alley – click here for the PDF

In January of 2011 Jacobs travelled to South Sudan to document slavery and deliver humanitarian aid

On the eve of the historic referendum

• Charlesjacobs

Ooops! the post took out all the links…. sorry… but if you go to my site: http://www.iabolish.org you can get them. Sorry for the inconvenience.
            Charles

• Truth

Thank you,

There is a lot of information contained in your writings.  I consider myself to be a student of life, as we are only here for a short while and have much to learn.

While engaging in the dialogue on this page, I noticed a few things: 1.) emotions can run high, cause us to say hurtful things, and take away for the value of our argument.  Even truth tainted with malice has a counter productive affect on solving problems, 2.) The human condition is in a sad state largely due to ignorance, misinformation, and an unbalanced proud spirit, which inhibits our ability to reason respectfully with one another.

I believe in “Truth” because it is the only thing that will remain after we are long gone, and it is my opinion that our survival beyond the world in which we live depends upon it greatly.  I wish/hope for the opportunity to live in Peace. 

That being said, I intend to look over what you have shared.

Thank you for the exchange.

• reztips

If you want to see ignorance and denial at its apex, read the comments by Fart-His-Can’s apologists below. Indeed, we have ample evidence from their comments that ethnic studies and Middle East Studies departments promote ignorance rather than education. In these hard times economically, said departments should be cut and their “professors” sent packing. 

As for the BSU, don’t look for any assistance from most whites and Asians in the future. We know what your bottom line clearly is: racism, anti-Semitism, sexism and homophobia. You will reap the consequences of your invitation to bring that scum-sucking pig to sully the UC campus with his moronic and hate-ridden expectorations. 

And BSU leader Mohammed, go to the Sudan and see how your Muslim brethren treat your sorry black ass. And if you survive, maybe you will be able to write your senior thesis on slavery…

• Truth

You
      white Americans are so lame and played out. Really…no one cares about what you
      think. Your time of rulership and world-dominance is at its end. The sad part
      is that most of you come to the defense of a group of people who have already
      robbed you of your true independence. When you have a moment, look at the establishment
      of the Federal Reserve System, the words of President Woodrow Wilson, and
      America’s current national debt to the Federal Reserve.  Do you think the Federal Reserve is government
      owned? How about the major news/media outlets? 
      What about major motion-picture companies?  Who is controlling much of what you hear as “news”
      and what you watch as “entertainment.”  Here’s
      a book for your reading pleasure: The Jewish Phenomenon by Steven Silbiger
      (Jewish writer).  Please do the world a favor;
      turn-down the volume on your ignorant speech and increase the volume of your
      reading and reasoning. Thanks!

• reztips

Truth, the real truth of the matter is that like so many ignorant blacks in and around US campuses today, you are an anti-Semitic mother-fucking cowardly Neanderthal. Are you a student? If you are or were, did you major in Ethnic Studies? Both that department as well as Middle East Studies departments nationwide are turning out ill-educated morons who, if they don’t get a job thanks to affirmative action, are likely to make a living persecuting their black brethren with the sale of hard drugs or via other illicit activities which primarily hurt innocents in their own community. 

Everyone involved in the Civil Rights Movement if they are being honest knows that Jews-who made up a majority of whites in that honorable struggle-were the real strategic brains of that movement. Were it not for the Jews, bigots like Truth would still be sitting in the back of the bus…

• Truth

So you think by using the cheap language demonstrated above
          you have shown your intelligence?  In
          fact, you have displayed the opposite.  I
          can see you have learned to use profanity. 
          Now try using some logic if you are able to locate that part of your
          brain.  By the way, we’re discussing this
          subject via computer.  There is no need
          to act tough or use foul language.

Now, define the term Anti-Semite.  Then identify those statements above that are
          Anti-Semitic.

Next, your responded: “Everyone involved in the Civil Rights Movement if they are being honest
          knows that Jews-who made up a majority of whites in that honorable
          struggle-were the real strategic brains of that movement.”

Since
          “everyone knows,” please provide the corresponding research.

• reztips

Clearly you weren’t involved in the Civil Rights struggle. And with your NOI bigotry, you are providing other bigots to turn back that clock. 

And there is no group which uses profanity in the US as frequently as black people,  so I’ll use African Americans favorite term to describe you in the language of your brethren: “mother-fucker.”

And again, w/o Jewish involvement in the Civil Rights Movement, your career aspirations would be no higher than that of janitor. Actually, I should give you more credit: your aspirations are probably selling the NOI paper on the street while moonlighting as a crack dealer… 

• Truth

So, you have no answers.

Let’s observe the following:

1.) You used cheap language during a dialogue then attempt to justify it
            2.) You did not define the words or provide the statements I used that validate your claim against me
            3.) You did not provide any research to support your claim that Jews were the brains behind the Civil Rights Movement
            4.) And, you appear to think that debasing individuals while avoiding the issue at hand and providing no evidence makes you appear intelligent

Based upon the above, this exchange has reached its limit as you have shown yourself either incapable or unwilling to conduct yourself as a civilized being.

Best of Luck

• martial

Everyone knows NOI is a murder loving organization. Check out the zebras.

• Truth

Thanks for bring it to my attention. I just briefly read through the story. Two points: 1.) did not see any proof that the NOI was involved, however there were allegations, and these allegations have not been proven (please review the basic concept of the legal system to understand the difference), and 2.) Jessie Lee Cooks confessed to committing the crimes. His confession does not provide any admission or connection with the Nation of Islam. Please provide any information if you have it.

Thanks!

• martial

This is the court of public opinion, not a law court.  The Zebra murders are of NOI origin; that’s why mainstream Muslims hate the Nation of Islam. For one thing, if the Nation of Islam was not involved, why on earth did they pay for the defense of the murderers? Would anyone with a sense of justice do that?  Here’s some more reading for you:

http://www.intellectualconservative.com/2006/10/25/domestic-terrorism-the-nation-of-islam-and-the-zebra-murders/

Check out Officer Cardillo:

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/family-justice-police-officer-phillip-cardillo-shot-killed-harlem-mosque-1972-article-1.1047118?localLinksEnabled=false

Officer Cordillo was killed in a NOI mosque. That an individual perpetrator could not be found does not exclude murder. Why did not the Nation of Islam assist in the capture of the murderers?

Homicidal entities like the Nation of Islam should be avoided by anyone endowed with a modicum of morality.

• martial

Here’s another recent NOI related murder: http://www.militantislammonitor.org/article/id/1943

The pair that killed over five persons in Virginia was related to the Nation of Islam.

• Day Walker

Interesting how you can accuse someone of being an anti-Semite, yet would spew anti black, anti-ethnic stereotypes.  Then your tirade is laced with vulgarities that actually have its origins in slavery here in America.  A term your fathers or people gave to young black males forced to mate with a member of his own family.  Guess who that family member was?  That book that you condemn as “a pack of lies” are the very words of respected JEWISH RABBIS, AND SCHOLARS AND HISTORIANS!  Wow!!!  Are you Jewish?  Or are you a sympathizing gentile?  People such as myself and Truth know your history and where you and your people come from.  We also know that the time has come for Rulership to change hands.  Who will or has Authorized  this change?  Well, if you are a believer in God as I am, you know that it will be Him taking the Kingdom from you and yours and giving it to the Real Children of Israel, us!

•  [Interesting how you can accuse someone of being an anti-Semite, yet would spew anti black, anti-ethnic stereotypes.]

You have a serious reading comprehension problem. He isn’t anti-black or anti-ethnic – he’s anti-IDIOT.

• Madhvi

You are a sick deluded puppy. So sad…you know this hatred and supreme ignorance you consume and vomit forth, is like a rat eating at your soul, like corrosive acid destroying any trace of humanity and goodness that you may have once possessed. Save yourself before you are destroyed by this pathetic delusionary, and oh so utterly unoriginal hatred and recycled lies. The Jews are God’s litmus test for humanity. Always small in number, yet contributing disproportionately to the wellbeing , spiritual, scientific and evolutionary progress of mankind. You are being devoured by this virus and you will end up as your predecessors have ended up. So sad..stop being a copycat, a mindless follwer. Find an original group to focus your diseased attention on.

• reztips

Hey Truth, if we “white Americans” and US Jews are, in your words, “played out,” that doesn’t portend much of a future for African Amerians. I mean, if we go down the tubes as you say we will (that makes me roar with laughter), who will pay your welfare, your foodstamps, your MediCal medical care, your free clinics when you come in for drug rehab, your halfway houses, and your probation officers. And who will get your mentally-challanged lame brains into college based upon the affirmative action programs we have mistakenly championed.

No, like your African-based brethren, w/o the assistance of US whites, including liberal Jews who have helped keep your empty heads above water, how will you survive? You’ve clearly proven incapable of taking care of yourselves. 

Finally,  w/o the success of Jews for you to disparage, who will be the targets of your ignorance and bigotry? May I suggest the Muslims and black African tribes who initially enslaved your ancestors. In fact, its the Muslims who are butchering blacks to this day in places like Sudan…

• [ I mean, if we go down the tubes as you say we will (that makes me roar with laughter), who will pay your welfare, your foodstamps, your MediCal medical care, your free clinics when you come in for drug rehab, your halfway houses, and your probation officers. And who will get your mentally-challanged lame brains into college based upon the affirmative action programs we have mistakenly championed.]

These NOI types aren’t the sharpest tools in the shed. They don’t think about this type of stuff because they really don’t have any clue how or where they even got what they have now…

•  [You white Americans are so lame and played out.]

And you black militants with your “blame whitey for all our problems” attitude think you’re being original? Get a clue.

• Machiker

Anything is better than listening to the likes of the hateful Louis Farrakhan. If he had his way, the country would have been burnt down in one big riot and there would be nothing left. Islam mostly knows how to destroy. The last time they invented  anything of value to the to the world was thousands of years ago, the arabic numeral system. The western world helped them develope their oil and where is the gratitude for that or anything else we’ve done for them? Hate and destruction and degredation of women is all they have. When their oil runs out, they will have no power again. That’s why they are in such a hurry to bring about WWIII now, because pretty soon they’ll all fade away back into the stone ages again where their mentality belongs.

• peepsqueek

The most successful Muslim operation of the last few hundred years has been the ethnic cleansing and removal of millions of Christians, Jews, Hindus and Buddhists from the Islamic world.  There are 57 Muslims Countries, all members of the United Nations.  What happened to all the indigenous people and beliefs that “rejected” Islam during the Arab/Islamic invasions?Muslims are at odds with just about everybody- Muslim Shiites against Sunnis in Pakistan, Muslims against Hindus in India, Muslims against Christians in Nigeria, Muslims against Buddhists in Thailand, Muslims against Copts in Egypt, Muslims against Jews in Israel, Muslims against Christians the Philippines, Aceh (Indonesia), Kosovo (Serbia), Muslims against Maronites in Lebanon, Muslims against Hindus in Bangladesh, Muslims against Russian Orthodox, Muslims against Greek Cypriots, Muslims against non-Arab minorities in the Sudan, Muslims against Zoroastrians and Baha’i in Iran……   

• peepsqueek

What news are you referring to? – Left, right, center, independent, or foreign press?  This is not the Middle East where you do not have a choice.  And why do  you have a problem with a people (Jews) who have, by individual effort,  become disproportionately successful in science, medicine, law, communications, business, music, technology, entertainment, film,  and become disproportionately doctors, lawyers, educators, and civil rights activists?  Do you think that medical degrees, bar exams, etc. should be given out by lottery, race, or religion?   Do we learn from the success of others, or do we point the finger of blame.  Blame is the egos way of not having to take any responsibility.  If everything is their fault, then I do not have to change.  That is to easy.  Is it a luxury for you to tell a man that does well in school, starts a business, works sixteen hours a day for the next ten to twenty years  and accumulates some wealth, that it is because he is a Jew?  Give me a break.  How do non-Jews become successful?  Tell us something we don’t already know?  Tell us how you became successful?  

• DansDaMan

During periodic Jew-hating frenzies such as the one we’re in the middle of today, there is very little to be gained by trying to convince the Jew-haters they’re wrong or insane. The good news this time is that the pandemic will be self-limiting thanks to a historic combination the world has never seen before: Israel, the IDF and the goodwill of the American people.

• Cshowell12345

Try reading Revelations 2:9 & 3:9 to see how Jesus himself describes these people that say they are Jews and are not.  I guess Jesus is also anti-Semitic. 

• martial

It’s the Nation of Islam, not the Jews, that are the subject here.  The Nation of Islam is a vile, murder laden entity.

• martial

Revelation 2:1-9  1Unto the angel of the church of Ephesus write; These things saith he that holdeth the seven stars in his right hand, who walketh in the midst of the seven golden candlesticks; 2I know thy works, and thy labour, and thy patience, and how thou canst not bear them which are evil: and thou hast tried them which say they are apostles, and are not, and hast found them liars: 3And hast borne, and hast patience, and for my name’s sake hast laboured, and hast not fainted. 4Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love. 5Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent. 6But this thou hast, that thou hatest the deeds of the Nicolaitanes, which I also hate. 7He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God. 8And unto the angel of the church in Smyrna write; These things saith the first and the last, which was dead, and is alive; 9I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan.

Minister Farrakhan says he & his followers are Jews. Are they?

• martial

Actually, the NOI is so heinous all you need to do is expose them for what they are & they disappear. No response to the zebra murder matter, for example.

• Truth

Thanks for bring it to my attention. I just briefly read through the story. Two points: 1.) did not see any proof that the NOI was involved, however there were allegations, and these allegations have not been proven (please review the basic concept of the legal system to understand the difference), and 2.) Jessie Lee Cooks confessed to committing the crimes. His confession does not provide any admission or connection with the Nation of Islam.  Please provide any information if you have it.

Thanks!

• martial

What proof of innocence can you provide?  Not guilty simply means NOT PROVEN BEYOND A REASONABLE DOUBT TO TWELVE PERSONS. Instead of feeding the poor, helping the homeless, paying for the sick, etc. etc. etc. the Nation of Islam took precious money from its coffers to DEFEND murderous fiends.  What Church does that?  One might wish to defend a politically assaulted individual, perhaps, or to assert more money needs to go to needy defendants, but to pay for the defense of the Zebra killers is horrific. That means the NOI supports foul murderers.

• martial

The Nation of Islam has a very bizarre concept of justifiable homicide.  

A legal definition: justifiable homiciden. a killing without evil or criminal intent, for which there can be no blame, such as self-defense to protect oneself or to protect another or the shooting by a law enforcement officer in fulfilling his/her duties. This is not to be confused with a crime of passion or claim of diminished capacity, which refer to defenses aimed at reducing the penalty or degree of crime.http://dictionary.law.com/Default.aspx?selected=1089 Mr. Farrakhan’s definition: According to the dictionary, the term “justifiable homicide” means whatever is justifiable is excusable. It is excusable because it is justified by the principle of justice. The term “homicide” means the murder of one human being by another.Whenever you put these two words together, “justifiable homicide,” there has to be a body of persons in a deliberative process that determines on the basis of fact, that the murder of a human being is excusable by the principle of justice.http://www.finalcall.com/artman/publish/Minister_Louis_Farrakhan_9/article_8679.shtml The title of the article by Minister Farrakhan is Justifiable Homicide: Black Youth In Peril -Pt. 1

Homicide that is not murder includes reckless & criminally negligent homicide. How except by intending to deceive the reader does one arrive at Minister Farrakhan’s definition?

• Phiscal2

Exaggerating the Sudan and now Uganda is not a Jewish conspiracy, but a Western conspiracy because white world cannot survive without access to resources in parts of the planet they’re not native too – period. 

On the question of the Sudan, see below:

“This
    will not have come as a surprise to the Prosecutor’s most informed
    critic, his former senior trial attorney for Darfur. “Serious
    disagreement remains as to whether Al Bashir and the Sudanese government
    intended actually to destroy, in part, the Fur, Masalit and Zaghawa
    peoples of Darfur,” Andrew Cayley wrote beforehand in a commentary on
    the genocide charges.28 “It is difficult to cry government-led
    genocide in one breath and then explain in the next why 2 million
    Darfuris have sought refuge around the principal army garrisons of their
    province. One million Darfuris live in Khartoum where they have never
    been bothered during the entire course of the war.” Rony Brauman, a
    founder and former president of Médecins Sans Frontières—which has teams
    on the ground in Darfur—heaped scorn on the Prosecutor. “Can one
    seriously imagine Tutsis seeking refuge in areas controlled by the
    Rwandan army in 1994?” he asked. “Or Jews seeking refuge with the
    Wehrmacht in 1943?”

http://www.worldaffairsjournal.org/article/case-closed-prosecutor-without-borders

• Charlesjacobs

This is so silly and uninformed.  Nobody said that Khartoum wants all Black people dead.  They are not Nazis. They are simply supremacists. They want Blacks as slaves. Even Black Darfuris, who are themselves Muslims, but not Muslims enough for Khartoum. So of course Darfuris, escaping bombing raids would go Khartoum, where they would be subjugated and not murdered by bombs. What’s the puzzle about that?

Please note that Minister Farrakhan has not uttered a word about these Black Muslims who were bombed and enslaved because they were Black. He told the leaders in the South that if he had to chose between his race and his religion, he would stand up for the Black people of Sudan. Then — THEY SAY, not I — that he betrayed them.

• Truth

I noticed the commenter above (Phiscal2) provided a quote and an actual source for his reference.  In your response, you stated the words spoken by Louis Farrakhan and the black people of Sudan.

Can you please provide any corresponding links, so we can read throught this information?

Thanks!

• Truth

Correction to the above post: Should state “read through” not “read throught.” Thanks!

• martial

Minister Farakhan said Minister Elijah Mohammed was a divine leader & teacher. What proof have you that he was divine? Any recorded miracles?

• Truth

Martial,

Thanks for the
            inquiry.

Note the
            following: According to the dictionary, the word divine 1.) Refers to religion
            and having a godlike nature,  2.) Connected
            with, coming from, or caused by god, 3.) Connected with the worship or service
            of god

Leader refers
            someone who guides or directs others by showing them the way or telling them
            how to behave.

Teacher refers
            to 1.) Someone who imparts knowledge or skills to someone via instruction or
            example, 2.) Gives lessons in a subject, 3.) Brings understanding to someone.

Now that we
            have defined these words, let’s look at Elijah Muhammad.

In the Old
            Testament, we read of a promise from God made to Abraham in Genesis 15:13-14.
            In this, He tells Abram that his seed (descendants) would be strangers in a
            land not theirs, made slaves and treated cruelly by that people for 400 hundred
            years, but after that time He would judge and punish the nation which enslaves them.

While common
            belief is that this passage refers to Jews who were enslaved in Egypt and built
            the pyramids, there is archeological and historical evidence to counter this
            myth. See “Egypt says Jewish slaves didn’t build pyramids by Katarina Kratovac, Associated Press / January
            11, 2010.  In fact, outside of the Biblical accounts, there is no
            record anywhere in history of this enslavement. No archaeological evidence was
            ever found.  If you have any, please
            share.

I highlight this point to show
            that this prophesy had not been fulfilled until the enslavement of blacks in
            America.  If you disagree, that’s fine.
            Your next challenge is to provide the group fitting this description other than
            blacks in America and provide the evidence (not belief) to support your
            position. Good luck with that.

Now, I have referred to God’s promise
            to Abram, provided brief information regarding the question of Jewish
            enslavement, and made the statement that this refers to blacks in America, as
            we (blacks) have a recorded history of slavery for nearly 400 years.

Fitting this description, makes
            us a special people now needing a man like Moses (Elijah Muhammad) and a man
            like Aaron (Louis Farrakhan) to help us break free from Pharaoh (Rulers of
            America) and the cruel treatment of the people. 
            Moses was an unlearned man, so was Elijah after only completing the
            third grade. Moses told the people that he meet with God and that God had come
            to bring them out of Egypt, so was and is the message of Elijah who met with Fard Muhammad and taught him (Elijah) night and day for approximately 3 year and 4
            months.  Fard taught him of our history, the
            knowledge of god, the wisdom of civilization, on culture and refinement, the
            time of our rise, and much more.  With
            the assignment of giving “life” first to the mentally and spiritually “dead” of
            our people (blacks) then to all the peoples of the planet, he began his work in
            1934.

There is much more to be covered on
            this point, but I have used this brief into to point to Elijah Muhammad’s
            Divine Mission. Now, to identify what you described as “miracles.”

When Elijah began his work in
            1934 the condition of blacks in America was harsh having to face discrimination,
            segregation, torture, and death at every turn. 
            During his work, Elijah was able to teach blacks their true history, the
            principals of how to live a respectful live, demonstrate the power of collective
            unity, reform the drug addict, street hustler, and prostitute.  He took a people considered to be “dead”
            (inactive for their ability to do for self) and taught them the value of
            collective enterprise.  He built schools,
            hospitals, banks, office buildings, grocery stores, clothing outlets, farms, trucking
            systems, etc. like no other black organization has ever produced.  And this was done against great opposition
            for government and other groups who opposed his message, yet he succeeded.  Remember, this man Elijah had a 3rd
            grade education.  For comparison, please provide
            works the scale of Elijah Muhammad during this period if you have any. Let’s
            call this Miracle #1.

Next, this 3rd grade student, Elijah Muhammad has produced major students
            known all over the world and have shaped history as we know it; such as Malcolm
            X, Muhammad Ali, Warith Deen Mohammed (Islamic World), and Louis
            Farrakhan.  Can you name another man, who
            was consider to be unlearned by this world’s standard with such world renowned
            students to his credit? This will be illustrated as Miracle #2.

Lastly, Louis Farrakhan on October 16, 1995 organized the Million Man March
            against great opposition from all side. It was a peaceful event of black men, having
            great impact on families, communities, and individuals without a single
            incident of disruption. While the numbers are in dispute, ABC-TV funded researchers at Boston University estimated the crowd size to be 837,000, plus or minus 20%. Can you show in
            the history of the world where a man has called for the unity of men with such
            a response? Please provide the reference of those who have accomplished such. That
            would be Miracle #3.

Now, the above was briefly
            provided to show the work and relevance of
            Elijah Muhammad. His work and contributions to the development of blacks as a
            nation of people is well documented, regardless of how you perceive him. There are several challenges provided for you within this text. I am interested in hearing your response to each.

Thank you for reading these few words.

• martial

Wrong.  Simply being part of a religious ceremony renders nothing divine. Here’s the set of definitions, none of which apply to Elijah Muhammed:

di·vine   /dɪˈvaɪn/ Show Spelled [dih-vahyn] Show
            IPA adjective,
            -vin·er,
            -vin·est,
            noun, verb,
            -vined,
            -vin·ing.

adjective

1.
            of or pertaining to a god, especially the Supreme Being.

2.
            addressed, appropriated,
            or devoted to God or a god; religious; sacred:
            divine worship.

3.
            proceeding from
            God or a god: divine laws.

4.
            godlike; characteristic
            of or befitting a deity:
            divine magnanimity.

5.
            heavenly; celestial:
            the divine kingdom

• Addingtonjr

Charles Jacobs: Did you know that the information in the book The Secret Releationship Between Blacks and Jews VOL 2 was actually given from Jewish scholars and Jewish Rabbis? There are foot notes on every page in the book that will direct you stright to the books that the Jewish Scholars and Rabbis wrote to prove they really said it. So Charles, You might make more since for condemmining the Jewish Scholars and Rabbis for leaving a trace of their history with blacks. Just Saying……

• missx

Yawn.  It was peiced together just like Andrew Briebart pieced together the video clips to make Sherley Sherrod seem racist.  Blacks are soooo desperate.  Slavery is something blacks have done from the beginning of time and continue to do, even in America.  Some young black males were charged with enslaved  very young girls in NYC, Seattle, and Los Angeles recently and selling them to people to be raped.  One was a pregnant woman.  WHere is FarraKKKhan yelpinhg about this modern day slavery?  It’s kept hush hush cause blacks don’t want people to know the real secret, which is they are still enslaving there people even in the US.

• Charles Jacobs

No one ever denied some Jews were slavers, unfortunately — like everyone else. Blacks included. What Farrakhan is doing is claiming “the Jews” were the main force, were “behind” the slave trade. This is absurd. Every historian knows that. There are no facts that show such a thing. This is just like Jew-hatred throughout the centuries. “The Jews” caused the wars, poisoned the wells, etc.” So Farrakhan took money from Arab dictators and sought to break the Black/Jewish civil rights alliance. I proudly went on MLK’s March on Washington when i was a boy. His widow gave me the first ever Boston Freedom Award. I interviewed redeemed slaves in Sudan…… take a look on my http://www.iabolish.org   You might cry watching.

Jews today, me included, are redeeming the slaves that Farrakhan betrayed. Look for yourself to see if that’s true. It’s on many sites, including mine.

The South Sudanese leaders, who fought with clubs and knives, to defend their villages from Arab slavers, met with Farrakhan and report that he told them he’d help and then, THEY SAY, he betrayed them.

That’s what THEY SAY….

Sorry if that hurts you.  It hurt them much more.

Charles Jacobs

• Let’s just agree that they were the principal or chief facilitators. Below is one of many examples of such from the books of men.

“…When sugar began to be used for everyday consumption (15th century), *Marranos played a leading role in introducing sugarcane cultivation to the Atlantic islands of Madeira, the Azores, the Cape Verde Islands, and Sao Tome and Principe in the Gulf of Guinea, and in the 16th century to the Caribbean Islands. They also brought the cultivation of sugarcane from Madeira to America, and the first great proprietor of plantations and sugar mills, Duarte Coelho Pereira, allowed numerous Jewish experts on sugar processing to come to Brazil. Among them was one of the first important Jewish proprietors of sugar mills, Diego Fernandes…”

“…The Jews of Brazil were not important as proprietors of mills but rather as financial agents, brokers, and export merchants. When Brazil came again under Portuguese rule in the second half of the 17th century, many Jews emigrated to Surinam, Barbados, Curacao, and Jamaica, where they acquired large sugarcane plantations and became the leading  entrepreneurs in the sugar trade…”

[Hans Pohl / Henry Wasserman] pg 293 & 294

ENCYCLOPAEDIA JUDAICA, Second Edition, Volume 19

• Taurus

So what if SOME Jews participated in the slave trade?  Persons of every religious and ethnic/national group were involved, INCLUDING blacks.  Historian agree that overall, Jews played a miniscule part in the slave trade, and many scholarly books and articles establish that Jews had a proportionately lower level of involvement than any other group.  See –

– ‘it is clear that Jews had no major or continuing impact on the history of New World slavery.” – Professor David Brion Davis of Yale University in Slavery and Human Progress (New York: Oxford Univ. Press, 1984), p.89 

– ‘ [When] we compare the number of vessels employed in the traffic by all merchants with the number sent to the African coast by Jewish traders … we can see that the Jewish participation was minimal…Professor Jacob R. Marcus of Hebrew Union College in The Colonial American Jew (Detroit: Wayne State Univ. Press, 1970), Vol. 2, pp. 702-703 

–  “None of the major slavetraders was Jewish, nor did Jews constitute a large proportion in any particular community. … probably all of the Jewish slavetraders in all of the Southern cities and towns combined did not buy and sell as many slaves as did the firm of Franklin and Armfield, the largest Negro traders in the South.” – Bertram W. Korn, Jews and Negro Slavery in the Old South, 1789-1865, in The Jewish Experience in America, ed. Abraham J. Karp (Waltham, Massachusetts: American Jewish Historical Society, 1969), Vol. 3, pp. 197-198

“The available evidence indicates that the Jewish network probably counted for little in Atlantic slaving…Drescher, in Ency Am. J. Hist. p. 416

etc., etc., etc.

• martial

Marronos were Catholic.  They had Jewish ancestors, but were Catholic. Jew baiters made them into Jews.  To avoid appearing to “misinterpret’ history, Jews have said “OK, even though they are Catholic, we’ll consider them Jewish.”  Now the Morranos were eventually deprived by force of this trade. They “paid” in full.

• Guest

Hey, Mr. Jacobs,  thanks for taking the time to reply to some of these posts, even though some of the people you’re responding to in this thread are completely nuts.  

• Charlesjacobs

what do you think the chances are the i’d be invited out there to do a talk or even a panel on the topic?

• martial

ZERO.

• Taurus

You are such a liar.  Everything in that book is false, including the footnotes.  Apparently you are ignorant as well as hateful.

• Truth

Questions: 1) Have you read the book? 2.) Have you cross-referenced the footnotes? 3.) What method have you used to validate you claim that “Everything in that book is false, including the footnotes.”

Your response intrigues me.

Thanks!

• martial

Mr. Jacobs has actually taken action towards manumission.  What have YOU done to free those in bondage TODAY?

• Truth

From a previous comment I mentioned:

Blacks in America have many local challenges and have not successfully resolved our own issues.  It is wise to work to solve your own problems before working to solve the problems of others.

By comparison, what sense would it make to ask the average American to dedicate time to solving the financial problems of the people of Greece before addressing their own local needs.

You can look at the national statistics for blacks in America in various categories.  There is much work to be done.  This is where my efforts are currently focused (Specifically, inner-city involvement).

• martial

Everyone has local issues. How dare you claim to speak for ALL Blacks. There exist Black people who actually do things to stand up to slavery.  You can do this as well if you wish.  

• Charlesjacobs

It’s just not true that “everything in the book is false, including the footnotes.” There WERE Jews who were slavers. The book is a hoax, not because it discovered Jewish slavers, but because it claims that “the Jews” were behind the slave trade and played a huge role.  Scholars say this is false. Here’s what Farrakahn did: he went to the beach and grabbed some sand and said, look closely at this sand. That’s the beach! The handful of sand he presents is not a lie. There were Jewish slavers. It’s the “zoom lens” that’s the lie.

He could have done the exact same thing with a relative handful of Catholic slavers, or Protestant…. or… just as easy, black African chiefs. The white racists do that, actually. They show you the black African chiefs who sold their people to whites, and claim that THEY were the cause of the slave trade. Easy trick, doable in many ways.

But WHY does Farrakhan go after the Jews…. and deny that the Arab/Muslims were slavers? Follow the money and the ideology.

By the way, just google Arab slavers of blacks, and other such phrases and you’ll be shocked at how much film footage of Arab masters/black slaves there still is out there.

I’d love to come to campus and discuss…

In Freedom,
        Charles Jacobs….

• It is interesting to note that—after close to a week after Minister Farrakhan’s address to students, His presents and words are still a hot topic on campus and in the school’s newspaper. My question to the writer of this article is, why is he concerned about a man that has been wrote-off for years—in the mainstream media as insignificant, a hater, anti-semitic? Has the author of this article or any would be opinionist ever actually read, “The Secret Relationship between Blacks and Jews?” It is doubtful. Also interesting is the fact that a Bostonian Jew, is interested in the words of the Minister’s lingering affect on students a week later—to the degree that he would rehash the old (early to mid 90’s) fallacious idea that He, the Minister, is some how linked and/or condoning of any kind slavery or oppression anywhere on the planet. This is an obvious diversion and/os distraction from the—REAL ISSUE—of how Jewish interests have related to Blacks in this country and elsewhere for centuries. The historical data and theological concepts (Jewish origins of the so-called Hamitic curse) of course is something that can be substantiated with very little research of what has been reported and recorded by Jewish historians, scholars and rabbis in their own works, which makes up the basis for the book, “The Secret Relationship Between Blacks and Jews.”

Why are writers, such as Jacobs, not condemning what these Jewish scholars, historians and rabbis have propagated themselves throughout the years—FIRST, before trying to condemn Farrakhan.  The author of this article also has alleged that “blacks and whites have exposed the NOI book as a pack of lies.” When and where is their condemnation and proof to the contrary? He has provided no such evidence nor authorship to this end. Even his above quotes — “the Jews poisoned the wells,” “the Jews make matzo with the blood of Christian children” — are a misrepresentation of the Minister and the book. Why? It stand true that you cannot condemn the truth of history (records) with lies, misdirections, misrepresentations and distortions. What indeed is the real calumny and who are those behind it? Please stop!

• Dots Connector

Mr. Jacobs has reappeared from the dustbin of obscurity. I want to thank him for giving the public an opportunity to see how weak and feeble his and others arguments were in the 90’s and today. The reason why the books Secret Relationship between Blacks and Jews is called “secret,” is because no one ever knew these historical facts. I could respect Mr. Jacobs and others if they would simply admit that the sources are unimpeachable, but the NOI has reached the wrong conclusion. This overreach on the part of Mr. Jacobs and Jewish apologist is why NO ONE should pay them any attention. What is most disturbing is this insistence on comparing the NOI to the KKK. The KKK is an insurgent terrorist group formed by remnants of defeated confederate forces. Like the defeated standing armies of the past, the KKK fought a asymmetrical war of terror against the constitution of the United States. To compare the wholesale century long slaughter of Black people by the Klan with some random murders committed by those whom you say were Muslims in the NOI is a false equivelant.

•  You seem to forget that more blacks are killed by other blacks every year than were ever killed by the KKK, much less by any Jews. In fact, more blacks are killed by Muslims than either KKK members OR Jewish people. As despicable as the KKK is, they aren’t the major threat to the health and safety of black folk today. Your revered Minister has you NOI kooks wetting your panties over non-existent or inconsequential bogeymen while ignoring the genuine black-on-black slaughter in the US as well as the Muslim-on-black slaughter in Africa. Blaming those who aren’t hurting you while refusing to acknowledge those who are is a sign of cowardice. You NOI kooks may think you have a threatening mob when together, but individually you are one bunch of pathetic human beings…

• Truth

I have read through all of the comments and have notice two styles: 1.) Those who resort to name-calling when simple dialogue is possible and 2.) those who dispute other comments while providing some references.

You have a few good points, but some context is missing.  Later in your text you go for the cheap stuff “name-calling.”  I’m not sure if you’re just angry or temporarily been irrational.  In either case, a more rounded perspective would allow you to write with improved balance.

Truth does exist. Even if it differs from what we have been taught or choose to believe, it can be discovered without malice.  At one time it was believed that the world was flat.  Time showed us otherwise.  As in this case and other disputes, time will teach us correctly what is. 

• martial

Then of course there are persons like you who cannot even properly quote a dictionary.

• martial

With all due respect, the Nation of Islam is tainted by common every day murder.

• Charlesjacobs

Why don’t you invite me to campus and let us have a longer discussion?
        Charles Jacobs

• martial

Hard to support a leader of a murderous organization.

• missx

At UCSD black students chimped out because some white students attended an off campus party in which the black host encouarged them to dress in black face.  The BSU demanded the students be expelled.  They acted crazy for a week until administrators finally gave in to their extortion.  In FL two Junior High School girls were expelled from public school because of a youtube video in which they talked about blacks the way FarraKKKhan talks about Asians, Jews, and gays.  Can someone explain why the UC system throws money at the BSU in SD cause someone offended black folks off campus then turns around at thows money at the BSU at Berkeley to host FarraKKKhan? And white, Jewish, and Asian students going to reep a windfall on benefits for their offense like the negroids at SD did when they were offended by other students off campus speech?

• missx

Blacks treat every other group like the KKK treated them.  You want to know the “Secret relationship” btw blacks and Jews, blacks and Asians, blacks and gays, blacks and women?  Here it is: Blacks treat all groups like the KKK treated them and if you object you are called a racist.  Want to see free speech in America?  Get Pastor Jones to exercise freedom of expression at UC Berkely.  Get me to speak at UC Berkely.  I speak honestly about how there is no crime whites have committed against blacks that blacks have not far surpassed., including in the present day US.  Yes Jews are so powerful that blacks can lynch one, Yankel Rosenbaum, and spend 3 days acting like animals, attacking, lynching, and robbing, even children, then wipe it out of history.  Yes, blacks are powerless,  that is why when you talk about them, or Muslims, the same way de talk about Jews, Asians, gays or women your freedom of speech goes bye bye due to threats of violence.  Blacks are like the KKK- abusive to everyone and using violence to supress anyone who objects. 

• Phiscal2

Again – ignorance on display.  The KKK murdered and terrorized Blacks, Jews and sympathizers…WHAT have Blacks or even the NOI DONE to come close to that???  I know missx is probably referring to his/her perception of words and view points – that’s precisely my beef with this statement.  Even if the ALL Black people and NOI had bigoted views….how the hell can you equate a “view” to murderous deeds, without making the argument that the murder of Black people is equal to insulting whites.

• missx

NOI is responsible for many murders- the Beltway sniper, Zebra Killings in SF, Chauncey Bailey in Oakland, and a police officer in the Bronx amoung others.  And MAlcolm X. Furthmore Farrakhan spews lies, encourages demonizing which encouages bigotry, discimination and violence.  Blacks have learned nothing from their own suffering.  Try talking honestly about blacks and all the things they do which get a free pass and your freedom of speech and blacks go bollistic.  Blacks can dish it out but not take it.

• Truth

Missx,

You wrote: “Blacks spread lies and call it the truth…” Can you provide the “lies” that Blacks spread?

Next, I know logic and reasoning can be a challenge when you are blinded by the emotion of your own experience.  But can you compare the incidents of murder you illustrated above to the systemic, organized, and legal murder of so many thousands of Blacks?  By the simple concept of scale, your comparison fails the test.

• Truth

So Blacks rape, murder, and kill other races as they have
      been treated by the KKK?  I’m just
      guessing you also have documented facts to support your assertion (I’m referring to your statement above “abusive to everyone and using violence to suppress anyone who objects”).

You represent more proof of the ignorance of your type.  Please turn-down the emotion and return to
      better logic.  If you attended college at
      all, this does not reflect well on your training.

• [So Blacks rape, murder, and kill other races as they have been treated by the KKK?  I’m just guessing you also have documented facts to support your assertion]

I believe they are called the FBI Uniform Crime Statistics. Maybe you should ask Jesse Jackson, no stranger to the white guilt extortion game, why he feels much safer with a white person following him down the street at night vs. someone who is black…

• Truth

Tony,

The statistics you refer to are murders committed upon the same community members (black on black) and are certainly a problem.  However, in the current context of this discussion that not what’s being referred to.  An example would illustrate  blacks organized to murder and terrorize whites via a mass public display, such as lynching and allowed to go unprosecuted.  That’s the kind of reference you need to provide to support your statement.

• martial

Not Blacks as a group, but definitely the Nation of Islam, as an entity.

• Truth

So, you have stated that the Nation of Islam has acted as the KKK?

Please provide corresponding references to support this analogy.  Before you make your attempt, please consider that a proper analogy would include the scale of effect (mass murder, terror via lynching, rapes, etc., organized, legalized, and unchecked by local law enforcement).

• martial

Both KKK & NOI primarily comprise racist fools. Murder is part of both entities, a reason to completely avoid both entities.  This does not mean that the KKK & NOI are one & the same: whereas NOI never influenced State governments, the KKK actually dominated some.

• Calipenguin

We all know Farrakhan will deny the truth.  But what about Salih Mohammed and the Black Student Union?  Will they perpetuate Farrakhan’s lies in their meetings or will they open their minds and have an honest discussion about Arab Muslim atrocities against Black Africans?  The talk should be titled “An Inconvenient Truth”

• Truth

Nice try.

First, please quote the “lies” presented by Louis Farrakhan.
      Do not paraphrase. Provide the entire statement in proper context. For more
      effectiveness, please provide an actual statement to accompany your accusation?

Second, before Blacks in America
      can address any situation of injustice in another part of the world, they must first
      attend to their own issues at home.  Let’s
      ask the American people to solve the financial problems of Greece verses addressing
      and solving the problems in America first. 
      Yeah…your comments appear truly flawed when matched with basic common
      sense.

• martial

Cerainly falsehoods. Min. Farakhan may honestly believe that Elijah Muhammed was divine, but there exists no reason to believe he was closer to God than you or me.