Report on UC Davis pepper spray incident scheduled for release Wednesday

After weeks of delay, the task force report investigating the Nov. 18 UC Davis pepper spray incident has been tentatively scheduled for public release Wednesday.

The move comes after the Federated University Police Officers Association and UC reached an agreement to redact all names of the UC Davis police officers except Lt. John Pike  — who pepper sprayed the campus protesters — and then-Police Chief Annette Spicuzza.

UC officials expect Judge Evelio Grillo to approve the settlement at a hearing Tuesday, said UC spokesperson Dianne Klein.

Former California Supreme Court Justice and task force chair Cruz Reynoso had originally anticipated to release the report on Mar. 6 but delayed once the police union filed a legal request to halt public disclosure due to privacy concerns.

The task force report will be made publicly available online at the UC Davis website homepage Wednesday at noon. Task force members will also outline their findings for the UC Davis community later Wednesday afternoon at UC Davis.

Curan Mehra covers higher education.

• http://www.facebook.com/people/Linda-Torres/1779008018 Linda Torres

Well i am really glad that they are going to release this Information to the public as they can what this was really all about

• GoldenBear

I’m gonna go out on a limb and publicly say what many if not most of you are thinking: I envy UC Davis Police Lt. John Pike.  I’m a bit too old for heroes, but dammit he is up there with Clint Eastwood’s character in Gran Torino. 

• ethanspapa

When these looney tune “Mall Cops” finally get to a court of law and get sentenced for civil rights hate crimes. Running over Lady Liberty, the Constitution and the bill Of Rights. Sit in jail for 6 months. Lose their jobs, pension and have wages garnished from some Mac Donald’s. The old timers that stopped a war in Southeast Asia and got a president thrown in jail, We have enough testosterone to take of idiots that think these cowards are hero’s. I’d plant your face in the constitution and make you read it if I thought it would do you any good.