UC Berkeley law students accused of decapitating exotic bird in Las Vegas

Two men who say they are UC Berkeley law students were arrested in Las Vegas Friday for allegedly decapitating an exotic bird at a hotel.

24-year-olds Eric Cuellar and Justin Teixeira were booked into the Clark County Detention Center on suspicion of conspiracy and willful malicious torture/killing of wildlife, according to a Friday statement by the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department.

The two told police they were students at the UC Berkeley School of Law, and UC Berkeley student identification cards were found in their possession, according to the statement. Both names appear in the UC Berkeley directory.

The suspects were captured on video surveillance footage chasing the bird into some trees at the Flamingo Hotel and Casino and were then spotted by a witness emerging from the trees carrying the dead bird and its severed head, according to the statement.

The 14-year-old Helmeted Guinea Fowl belonged to the Flamingo’s Wildlife Habitat attraction.

Cuellar and Teixeira could not immediately be reached for comment.

Sarah Burns is the university news editor. Contact her at [email protected].

• ralph foster

“I have operated a business
    adjacent to the U. C. Berkeley campus for 40 years. From my decades of
    observations, the quality, character, and intelligence of the students
    has absolutely deteriorated.”

• fuckugreedybastards

Its the whole fucking state. This state will be predominately hispanic in no time. Those who seek cheap labor have ruined this state, and country. Fuck you greedy bastards.

• http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=719377250 Brian Labus

More details and their mug shots are in today’s Las Vegas Sun : http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2012/oct/15/arrest-reports-details/

• funnyjoks

Does anyone else think this story is hilarious hahaha

• Svend La Rose

If George Washington would have seen the comments below he would have said “What a bunch of fucking pussy losers” , go fuck yourselves and trees you hippies.
    This is America goddammit, not some gay treehugging commune.

• SvendSucksCock

Well that’s the point: why harm an innocent bird?
      You ain’t a pussy are you Svend? http://www.linkedin.com/in/svendlarose
      I tell you what faggot, I’ll meet you any place / any where and I’ll stop your fucking face….

Deal? That’s right. chicken shit big man. Damn straight I protect the birds. They’re not as big of a pussy as you Svend.

• Svend La Rose

Asshole , i’ll kick your ass you son of a bitch.
        Stop posting anonymously bastard and be a real man.

• SvendBangedHisDeadMomaGood

Really? You’ll kick my ass….ha.
          Meet me at 3rd street boxing gym – you faggot….i’ll put a word out that Sven the cock licker want’s to go a few rounds.

• uranidiot

One bird is more valuable and serves a far greater purpose on this earth than the abusive Svend.
        All you do is pollute cyber space. FUCK OFF!

• SvendBangsGranny

Svend – you do seem pathetic dude….And so are your blogs! Look everyone: http://svendlarose.blogspot.com/

I bet Svend hasn’t been laid in years….well, aside from his granny….that slut!

• JustinLovesEricsCock

My only wish – for Christmas – is that those fools were a$$ raped in jail! Morons.
    “Hey white boy…..you got a real pretty mouth! Now, give papa that sugga!” Fuc@#ing d-bags.

• Svend La Rose

i hope you get raped you bastard , that too by some black thug

• SvendLovesJustinsCock

I hope you get gang raped….by thugs of all colors!

• SvendLovesBeingBanged

Why reward Svend La Rose? I hear he loves gettin banged up the bung!

• Guest

Liberals care more about dead birds than about humans. Make endless excuses for thugs violently assaulting and robbing (economic injustice! institutionalized racism!), but go nuts over a dead bird.

Classic.

• guest

Isn’t pointless harming of animals a sign of sociopathic behavior?

• Nunya Beeswax

-1 for graceless insertion of hackneyed political content into a non-political issue. If you’re the best Mitt Romney has to speak for him, he’s in a world of shit.

• disqus_dh0iURWwgt

Not to make light of this vile act by two monsters; it is rather ironic that you can read above that a law professor from UCB named CHOPER was given a prize.

• disqus_dh0iURWwgt

How tragic, and this poor bird had made it to 14, poor thing.

• asdasd

how tragic that you are still alive and not dead , i hope you die motherfucker

• You’re Great

Let us begin with your execution instead, a$$hat.

• Grub Man

As a Senior Partner at a large NYC firm, I would think twice before considering a UC Berkley Law graduate for a job. Good luck Berkely.

• disqus_dh0iURWwgt

hey dude you mispelled Berkeley.

• alum

I would think twice before hiring an attorney that doesn’t check his or her spelling.

• gobronco

It’s an American right to be able to hunt/kill animals and birds.
    F*** you hippies , GOD BLESS AMERICA !

• Facepalm

Yeah. Obviously, GUNS AND ‘MERICA!!!!!

Give me a break.

• http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=528682837 Sandi Gliewe

Why? And was it really worth it? Time to bleach the gene pool!

• Steve

These guys are finished as lawyers. The State Bar has a moral fitness requirement and will check for arrests and convictions. This is very public and won’t slip through the cracks. Wonder if Boalt has grounds to expel thee sociopaths.

• disqus_dh0iURWwgt

Think about the fear that poor bird felt as it left this planet. Those two dirt bags deserve the same fate.

• yocoon

Birds don’t feel emotions you idiot, they are lesser creatures by God’s will.

• You’re Great

Says a person called “yo coon”.

• growup

Yeah can you imagine someone with that moniker expects to be taken seriously, what a pig. All creatures feel emotions, and most assuredly, they all feel fear, why does a fly move when you come close, fear. So clearly all creatures feel. For someone claiming to hold humans in such high regard, your nasty banter speaks to your true colors scum bag.

• disqus_dh0iURWwgt

The dean of the college should be contacted and pressured to remove these two bastards from the school, please post his email address and name, if he fails to take action, get rid of him.

• BOE_Man

Did Dan Tanna make the bust?

• GetOffMyLawn

That’s not the way to get ahead in life.

• Legal Eagle

Apparently, Bolt’s admission standards have slipped somewhat, don’t you think? Let’s hope the school remedies this, post facto and post-haste because they couldn’t bounce these sick little felons too quickly for my taste.

• ProudAmerican

Who the f*** cares about a stupid bird ?
    Stop crying you motherf***ing hippies

• Guest

A “stupid bird”, the conversion of which is a felony? Let’s hope these 2 clowns get *you* as their lawyer, my friend, so that we’ll never have to worry about *them* being lawyers.

• Nunya Beeswax

You’re a cunt.

• F**ck You Proud American

Killing and torturing animals for no good reason is a sure sign of a sociopath. So is not caring when someone else does it. By the way I’m a registered Republican and not a hippie but you are clearly an a**hole whatever your political stripes.

• disqus_dh0iURWwgt

they should get you next you bird brained asshole

• yeah

Or how about you , you freedom hating f*** , go to Saudi Arabia if you don’t want to enjoy America

• disqus_dh0iURWwgt

GO BACK TO MEXICO BITCH

• yeah

i’m white motherfucker and i have a beach house and two boats so fuck yourself

• Nunya Beeswax

…and you’re probably having a nice wank while you read a news story about two degenerates killing animals, you sick twat.

• disqus_dh0iURWwgt

That is for sure this guy is completely disturbed.

• yeah

How about you two go fuck each other ? Looks like you both are a match made in heaven bitch

• Nunya Beeswax

Is there no end to your cleverness?

• yeah

are you a chick ? if so let’s fuck sometime

• <3

LOL.
            Oh, god, that’s good. Actual lol at the beach house comment.

• http://pulse.yahoo.com/_WRACM77JT2RXUR3LMGDPPUGUYY Tony M

You’re clearly a troll. I’m as conservative as you get on this board and I wouldn’t lift a finger to make excuses for either of these losers.

• UHOH

And to think these people will (possibly) end up lawyers…

• Guest

Not with a felony conviction on their records, they won’t.

• disqus_dh0iURWwgt

They should be expelled from from law school and get the punishment the fuckers deserve. That poor creature to suffer such fear at the hands of callous dirt bags.

• asdasd

You should shut the f*** up and remove those beads from your asshole.
          You care about some stupid f****** bird more than your fellow Americans , shame on you. Poor Creature ? It’s a BIRD for christ’s sake

• disqus_dh0iURWwgt

and you are a fucking DUMBASS your moniker even has ASS in it. Why don’t you use just
            one moniker instead of a new one each hour. None of gods creatures deserve that treatment.

• asdasd

God created man in his own image you fucking idiot. Animals and birds are his lesser creations. If you prefer a bird over your fellow man , why don’t you fucking shove a bird (literally ) up your ass , you fucking zoosexual asshole , why don’t you go and smoke more pot or whatever it is that you hippies do .

• Nunya Beeswax

Generally speaking, yes, people are more important than animals. If I have to choose between saving the family dog and saving Grandma, or my brother, the choice is pretty clear. I’m not sure how exactly that means people shouldn’t be punished for pointless cruelty.

The creation of man in God’s image entails certain responsibilities, and the status of animals as lesser creations doesn’t justify pleasure killing or any kind of cruelty. Nor does sympathy for animals equate to sexual attraction to them, though it’s certainly an interesting window into your thinking to discover that the only two uses you have for animals are fucking them or killing them.

• disqus_dh0iURWwgt

You know you are completely deranged and vile. If god created man he created ALL CREATURES and certainly wouldn’t appreciate the abuse of any of them. This is for sure.

• cdselectin

you are in the same class as those 2 ruthless guys, probably a lawyer or lawyer want to be. speaks volume about your culture.

• Mike da Muddah

Diminished capacity? Bet was alcohol fueled behavior.

• Douchebag Alumnus

Go Bears!

• libsrclowns

Was it a Big Bird?

• Christie

This is bizarre and sad.

• fuckyacal

I know a lot of you hippies are going to hate me for saying this, but these guys are my fuckin heros. FUCK YA BROS

• wololo

Well said , I would pay to fucking shoot some stupid bird like that .

FUCK HIPPIES ! i hope one day all the hippies on this planet will be exterminated.

• JD

Likelihood they’re in Professor Yoo’s course?

• fuckyacal

I’d bet they are

• Dr Berkeley

More crimes by white people! I tell you — we need to start profiling all these white people — criminality is obviously part of their culture and racial makeup.

• DJ

One of them is Latino. But nice try with your race baiting.

• Guest

Both of their names are Latino, though Teixeira does not begin to approach the stereotypical appearance that most Americans associate with being Latino. Still, that would not have stopped him from benefiting from back door affirmative action in admissions similar to Pocahontas Elizabeth Warren. They are being charged with a felony. That is essentially the end of any possible careers as lawyers.

• Jack

How do you know this is anything like Warren? Just because he’s white doesn’t mean he’s only part Latino. He could be 100% Latino

• H8 the Red

Unlike Romney who was born with a silver spoon in his mouth and magic underwear covering his ass?

After watching his campaign, can anyone conclude that Willard got his money & position through his intelligence? Mr. First Mormon “the trees are all the right height” Romney is indeed dumber than hair and not *exactly* Harvard material, wouldn’t you say?

• Guest

Not exactly, Romney graduated in the top 25% of his Harvard Law Class and in the top 4% of his Harvard Business School Class. His JD and MBA degrees were earned simultaneously.

• disqus_dh0iURWwgt

The latinos in Mexico behead their own fellow citizens on a routine basis. How sad fo that poor defenseless bird to die at the hands of two piles of shit. They should be expelled, that is a starting place.

• Jack

yeah , how about you jump off the golden gate bridge you shithead , world would be such a better place without you