Weekly business rundown: Week of Oct. 29

The city of Berkeley sees a number of business openings and closures during the course of a year. Here is a brief update on recent happenings in local business.

Eureka!Burger Comes to Berkeley
Construction for the Berkeley branch of Eureka!Burger is underway in downtown Berkeley, where it will be located on 2068 Center St. when the restaurant opens in April. Eureka!Burger offers gourmet burgers, 30 different craft beers on tap and 40 different small batches of American whiskies “all under one roof,” according to Eureka!Burger spokesperson Robert Suzuki. The chain is classic, locally grown, organic American fare that caters to students, faculty, families and community members of Berkeley, he said. The burger chain originated in Southern California and the Berkeley location will be the first in Northern California.

Red Buffalo opens Berkeley Location
Located in downtown Berkeley at 2370 Shattuck Ave., Red Buffalo offers buffalo wings and Philly cheesesteak sandwiches. The original Red Buffalo was opened in Oakland, but according to restaurant manager Martin Yuan, Berkeley was the obvious next city to expand to.
The restaurant had a soft opening Sept. 25, but the management plans on keeping the restaurant under the radar until they figure out how to best serve the clientele.

Peking Express Moves to new Location
Chinese restaurant Peking Express has moved from its former location of 20 years at 2068 Center Street to 2516 Durant Avenue across from the Durant Food Court, according to restaurant manager Kathy Gia. She said the lease ended on the previous location, prompting the need for a relocation. Gia said she hopes her old clientele will find their way to the new location.

Contact Aliyah Mohammed at amohammed@dailycal.org.