Crime in Berkeley: Nov. 4 to Nov. 10

The following is a sample of crime in Berkeley from Nov. 4 to Nov. 10, provided by the Berkeley Police Department.

Auto Burglary — 2000 block of Lincoln Street

On Nov. 4 between 2:00 p.m. and 2:42 p.m., an auto burglary occurred in the 2000 block of Lincoln Street. The victim parked and locked her vehicle. When she returned she found that an unknown suspect broke one of the vehicle’s windows. The suspect stole the victim’s bag containing a laptop and other items.

Loud Reports — Allston Way/Bonar Street

On Nov. 5 at approximately 6:07 p.m., a resident called BPD reporting hearing possible gunshots in the area of Allston Way and Bonar Street. Officers checked the area, but did not locate damaged property or victims. They spoke to people in the park who indicated it sounded like construction work.

Stolen Vehicle — 2900 Block of Regent Street

On Nov. 6 at 1:54 p.m., the victim reported his vehicle stolen from the 2900 block of Regent Street. The victim parked his vehicle on the Fourth. When he went to drive his vehicle on Nov. 6 he discovered it missing. Taken was a 1994, Honda Civic, four door, silver in color. On Nov. 8 the vehicle was located by the Alameda County Sheriff’s Office.

Residential Burglary — 1000 Block of Keith Avenue

On Nov. 7 between 8:30 a.m. and 7:30 p.m., a residential burglary occurred in the 1000 block of Keith Avenue. The victim returned home and discovered an unknown suspect had gained entry to his home. It appears the suspect may have entered through a window. The suspect stole US currency from the home.

Bicycle Theft — 1100 Block of Addison Street

On Nov. 8 between 2:00 p.m. and 2:20 p.m. a theft occurred in the 1100 block of Addison Street. The victim reported that an unknown suspect entered her yard and stole her bicycle.

Vandalism — 2900 Block of Shattuck Avenue

On Nov. 9 at approximately 11:15 a.m., vandalism occurred in the 2900 block of Shattuck Avenue. An employee at a local business reported the front window was broken by an unknown suspect.  The suspect was standing in front of the business and for an unknown reason hit the window with his fist, causing the glass to break. The suspect then left the area.

The suspect is described as:

Suspect  – “White Male Adult, 45-50 years old, 5’10” tall, 200 lbs, shoulder length brown hair wearing all brown clothing.”

Robbery — Prince Street/California Street

On Nov. 10 at approximately 7:22 p.m., a robbery occurred near the intersection of California and Prince Streets. The female victim was walking in the area when she passed the unknown suspects. One of the suspects produced a gun and demanded the victim’s cell phone. A second suspect took the victim’s bag. The suspects then ran west of Prince Street.

The suspects are described as:

Suspect 1 – “Black Male, 19-21 years old, 5’11” tall, thin build, dark complexion wearing a black hooded sweatshirt.”

Suspect 2 – “Black Male, 19-21 years old, 6’ tall, thin build wearing a black hooded sweatshirt.”

Suspect 3 – “Black Male, 19-21 years old, tall.”

View Crime in Berkeley: Nov. 4 to Nov. 10 in a larger map

Adelyn Baxter is the city news editor. Contact her at [email protected].

• Taylor

“The suspect stole US currency from the home.” LOL WHAT