‘Like’ this if you know the difference…

I have this theory that it’s just about impossible to scroll down one’s Facebook news feed for more than 30 seconds before encountering something that is either completely ridiculous or completely offensive. It must be my lucky day, seeing as I just found something that falls into both categories:

I’ll be generous here. I’ll ignore the blatant absurdity of the “like this if …” posts that my friends insist on promoting. I’ll even pardon the fact that the individual who created this graphic may or may not lack a space bar. However, I cannot reconcile the misuse of “your” instead of “you’re,” which happens to be both ridiculous and offensive — at least from a copy editor’s perspective.

For those of you needing clarification, “your” is possessive, while “you’re” is a contraction for “you are.” The following image I stumbled upon might help reinforce this concept:

Congratulations! Your grammar skills have just improved, and you’re never going to make such a simple mistake again.

… Right?

• ZuckerSuckers

Facebook account? LOL, I’ve never had one, and I never will.
    Why allow one’s private life to be transmogrified into ad revenue for the benefit of some douche bag like Mark Zuckercorn? (Excuse me, Zuckerfuck… wait, what is it?)

• I_h8_disqus

I won’t make the mistake again, but now your image has other mistakes.