Female student is victim of sexual battery on UC Berkeley campus

A female student was sexually battered Thursday evening on the walkway between Barker Hall and Koshland Hall on the UC Berkeley campus.

The victim, a 21-year-old female, was allegedly battered by a suspect around 7:30 p.m. who reached around her with both of his hands and inappropriately grabbed the victim over her clothing, according to a UCPD crime alert released Friday.

The victim screamed, and the suspect allegedly ran northbound on the walkway and then westbound on Hearst Avenue. The victim was not injured during the encounter, according to the crime alert.

UCPD checked the area but was not able to locate the suspect.

According to the alert, the suspect is described as a Hispanic male, aged in the late 20s to early 30s, approximately 5’5” tall, with heavy build and dark shoulder-length wavy hair and wearing a turquoise-colored short-sleeved T-shirt and dark pants.

Contact Amruta Trivedi at [email protected].

• http://twitter.com/o2bndair Steve Wooten

The author seems to be confused as to the difference between sexual battery and battering. Battery is defined as “touching in a hostile or offensive manner”. To batter is to “strike repeatedly with hard blows; pound heavily and insistently”.

• http://www.facebook.com/svendlarose Svend la Rose

The student was sexually battered. Whether she is a “victim” or a “survivor” is up to her.

“Anti-Racist,” “the rest of his kind” means other sexual predators. Don’t make racial assumptions.

• Anti-Racist

You’re wrong. Even I_h8_disqus, who supports racial profiling, suspected Stopcrime was being racist.

• Stopcrime

I would like to see this 5’05 creep’s face getting bitten off by a pitbull and see him bleed to death on the sidewalk. This guy will probably become a lowlife criminal in the future just like the rest of his kind. Why keep such people alive ? They don’t contribute to society in any way, his organs would benefit a lot of dying people.

• I_h8_disqus

Can you elaborate on what “the rest of his kind” means?

• Anti-Racist

He must mean all Hispanics and African Americans. What a filthy racist. Why don’t I see more of this “the rest of his kind” when a white man commits a crime?

• ofjofksf

I think that person meant sexual predators.

• Stopcrime

Yeah I meant sexual predators and violent criminals. I did not mean Hispanics and African Americans for God’s sake . i’m half Hispanic myself.

• helpercrimer

I think Stopcrime meant to say “the rest of his kind” as “all other sexual predators”.

• Guest

the little boy who cried wolf is at it again

• Nunya Beeswax

I am beginning to suspect that you derive sexual pleasure from imagining yourself to be victimized.

• Anti-Racist

Nunya, you should be ashamed of yourself for comparing calling out racism to “sexual pleasure.” How can you not see the racial undertones in what you’ve said?