MBA50 ranks Haas ninth best business school in America

UC Berkeley’s Haas School of Business was ranked the ninth best business school in the nation, according to a list released by MBA50.com.

MBA50, a website focused on business schools, released the rankings on Nov. 20, keeping Haas in the same position as in 2011.

“We know we have a first-rate student body, a world-class faculty and a distinctive culture that sets our students apart in the marketplace as innovative leaders,” said Ute Frey, Haas’ associate director of marketing and communications.

To determine each school’s position, the site aggregated and averaged rankings from the Financial Times, Businessweek, The Economist, U.S. News & World Report and Forbes.

The overall rankings stayed relatively similar to those of last year, with schools on the list mostly shuffling only one or two places. Haas remained behind business schools at Harvard, Stanford and Columbia but ranked higher than business schools at the University of Virginia, Cornell and Duke.

Haas was ranked seventh by the Financial Times, 13th by Businessweek, sixth by The Economist, seventh by U.S. News & World Report and 13th by Forbes.

The full-time Haas School of Business has about 490 full-time students, and more than 70 percent of graduates find employment after graduation, according to U.S. News & World Report.

Contact Shannon Carroll at [email protected].