BART resumed service around 10:20 a.m. Sunday after a power circuit failure earlier in the morning resulted in a mass shutdown of all trains.
The power circuit failure, of which the cause is still unknown, caused power outages at around 9:18 a.m. that lasted for about an hour, according to BART spokesperson Alicia Trost. During this period, BART was also unable to update travel advisories on their website.
This incident was strictly an internal BART event, according to Trost.
“It’s not PG&E-related,” Trost said. “This is a BART power circuit that failed. All of our communication modes and even our backup generators are connected to this circuit.”
Trost said services were back in operation and that she did not expect any further incidents to occur throughout the day.
Jaehak Yu is a news editor. Contact him at [email protected].
Comment Policy
Comments should remain on topic, concerning the article or blog post to which they are connected. Brevity is encouraged. Posting under a pseudonym is discouraged, but permitted. The Daily Cal encourages readers to voice their opinions respectfully in regard to the readers, writers and contributors of The Daily Californian. Comments are not pre-moderated, but may be removed if deemed to be in violation of this policy. Click here to read the full comment policy.