Arson reported at People’s Park restroom

UCPD has received a report of an arson that took place at the People’s Park men’s bathroom at the beginning of this week.

According to the UCPD crime alert, a toilet paper roll was set on fire with a candle, subsequently causing damage to the toilet paper dispenser. UCPD believes the event to have occurred anywhere from Dec. 3 at 3:30 p.m. to Dec. 4 at 9:30 a.m.

There is no suspect description available at this time.

Jaehak Yu is a news editor. Contact him at [email protected]

• Dan Spitzer

According to the report in the DC, the fire was set in the toilet. What it should have added: All of Peoples Park is a toilet.

• areyouserious

BREAKING NEWS

• Bubba

I hope the entire park burns down , it’s a pathetic relic of the past that is home to so many trouble makers that harm UC students (considering the new Martinez commons is so close to it now)
    Remove People’s park and replace it with a Museum on Free Speech or something

• Guest

Freedom to speak, but not freedom to exist apparently…

I doubt that ANYONE likes People’s Park, but just because you don’t like something doesn’t mean you have the right to simply get rid of it. Solutions that can be accepted by everyone are much harder, and take work. That’s why democracy is hard and oligarchy is easy.

• I_h8_disqus

There isn’t any freedom to exist for a piece of land. Let’s not make up rights. Notice that Bubba didn’t say that he was getting rid of the park. He was proposing a solution, and it was a much better solution than currently exists. Something for you to think about. People’s Park isn’t a solution accepted by everyone. Democracy isn’t involved when it comes to the park. It is a solution accepted, because a small group refuses to allow the rest to find a better solution. People’s park is a perfect example of the long term result of an occupy movement, because that is what it really is. University land was taken by occupiers, and the result is People’s Park. A park that really isn’t for the people.