Two desktop computers were stolen from the Alumni House last week.
The computers, two iMac desktops, were taken sometime between 5:30 p.m. on Dec. 12 and 8:30 a.m. Dec. 13. Entry was made through an unlocked window, according to a UCPD crime alert.
UCPD recommends taking the following steps to protect your property:
- Keep portable devices, such as laptops, inside locked cabinets when not in use.
- Lock your desk, windows and office door when you leave your office, even if you are gone for a short time.
- Have all equipment locked down with an approved lock-down device.
- Keep an updated inventory of all office equipment.
- Identify equipment by engraving. To borrow an engraver, please contact UCPD at (510) 643-6760.
Report any suspicious person or activity in your building to the police immediately. Dial 911 from any landline phone. From a cellphone on campus, dial (510) 642-3333.
Curan Mehra is the executive news editor. Contact him at [email protected]