Wes Anderson and Roman Coppola and … Prada?

l'eau
Prada/Courtesy

As you wait impatiently for next year’s “The Grand Budapest Hotel,” enjoy Wes Anderson and Roman Coppola’s whimsical short film for the upcoming fragrance, Candy L’Eau. In their fifth project together, the pair have created three charming short films entitled “Je m’appelle Candy.” The films are each only just over a minute long, yet Anderson has managed to include many of his signature fetishes for eccentric composition, rich atmospheric setting and saturated colors. The films are clearly inspired by French New Wave style, nodding to François Truffaut’s “Jules et Jim” and Jean-Luc Godard’s “Bande à part.”

Following the current trend in beauty ad films, the fragrance itself becomes personified as a character in Anderson and Coppola’s film. French actress and model Léa Seydoux, who you may recognize from “Midnight in Paris” or “Inglourious Basterds,” plays Candy, an adorable, fun-loving girl pursued by two impeccably well-dressed gentlemen – neither of whom is played by Jason Schwartzman, surprisingly.

The film features some fabulous spring style inspiration, in particular Seydoux’s gorgeous bangs and pink nails (which you can recreate with Illamasqua’s recently released Pink Raindrops), along with fun French tunes from Jacques Dutronc and France Gall. We are sad to say, however, there is no sign of Bill Murray.

As for the featured fragrance, Candy L’Eau is set to be released at the end of the month. The fragrance is reported to be a more playful and romantic version of its robust predecessor, the gourmand base being lightened by the addition of citrus and sweet pea notes.

Contact Meadhbh McGrath at [email protected].