Celebrate graduation with tacos and margaritas

lastgrrrah2013
Cal Alumni Association/Courtesy

Attention, soon-to-be-graduates! The semester is quickly coming to an end, and what better way to wrap up your college experience than with a handful of tacos and some tequila?

That’s right, folks, the Cal Alumni Association is hosting a pre-Cinco de Mayo gathering for young alumni and graduating seniors, and there will be margaritas. They’re calling it “The Last Grrr-rah,” but don’t let the corny name fool you — the food should be genuinely delicious. The event will feature Taqueria Sinaloa, whose signature truck will be parked at the Alumni House to serve attendees a myriad of tacos, including chicken, carne asada, carnitas and vegetarian.

Taqueria Sinaloa is normally located in Oakland, so you’ll save yourself BART fare and a long walk by taking advantage of the truck’s convenient location in our own backyard, so to speak. The cost of attending is $10 ($13 for young alums) and includes one margarita and five tasty tacos. No word yet about who’ll be tending bar, but those who wish to imbibe will need their IDs handy.

Stay hungry, Golden Bears!

The Last Grr-rah will be held at the Alumni House patio on Saturday, May 4, from 8 p.m. until 11 p.m. Tickets can be purchased online until Thursday, May 2 at 11:59 p.m.