Hug your way to an A

File
File

It’s an inherent fact that the stress before finals causes some people to kind of melt down. They stop taking care of themselves, eat foods they would otherwise never touch and go barking mad worrying about their grades. If you’re one of these people, there’s a great way to get rid of that stress, ultimately become more zen and study better.

How? Well, the title of this post should give it away — by hugging! Yes, you can cuddle with your significant other, and that’s great for you, but if you’re among the student body’s single population or a resident animal lover, you might want to take a look at Pet Hugs at Berkeley!

On May 7 and 8 from noon 1 p.m. in front of Moffitt Library, Tony La Russa’s Animals Rescue Foundation will be bringing an assortment of adorable pooches for your hugging and petting pleasure. There’s some science behind this free stress relief — studies have shown contact with furry animals like dogs releases oxytocin, a hormone that promotes a feeling of happiness and contentment. And hey, if the person you’re into is a dog person, seeing you hugging some canine pals might help your chances.

For all you out there keeping track, events like these don’t just take place around finals week. In fact, the Tang Center brings the canines down to campus on the first Tuesday of the month throughout the year. They’ve doubled the number of dogs just for RRR week, so if you’re one of the many worried about finals and in need of some love and attention, make sure to stop by and get your fill of furry affection.

Image Source: dglassme under Creative Commons

Contact Kamin Kahrizi at [email protected]