The two upcoming music festivals that everyone at Cal is talking about

2921123705_db5ab6c9c6_b

With the hustle and bustle of a new semester, we at the Clog are actively looking for weekend distractions. Two of these potential distractions — the Treasure Island Music Festival and Beyond Wonderland music festival— have been on the minds of many students. If you’re not familiar with Bay Area music events and festivals at all and are wondering what everyone has been talking about, we’re here to help.

Treasure Island Music Festival (Oct. 19-20)  This festival is located on — you guessed it — Treasure Island in the San Francisco Bay. Noise Pop and Another Planet Entertainment are coming together again to give us an amazing line-up that you can check out right here. This is one of those music festivals you don’t want to miss, especially with its convenient location so close to Cal. The line-up this year is extremely diverse with performances by artists like Major Lazer, James Blake, Animal Collective, Strfkr and more.

Beyond Wonderland (September 29-30) For all of you electronic music lovers, Beyond Wonderland has just recently released its lineup, and is is great or is it great? Expect to see big names in electronic dance music like Dash Berlin, Luminox, Hardwell and Carnage. Beyond Wonderland, presented by Insomniac Events and which began in 2010 in San Bernardino, Calif., has expanded to states all across the U.S. Last year’s set location was located in Oakland, and this year’s Beyond will take place in Mountain View at the huge Shoreline Amphitheatre.

Image source: auspices under Creative Commons

Contact Gabrielle Nguyen at [email protected]