4 autumn treats around campus

Cranberry crumb bar at the Berkeley Student Food Collective. Photo by Josh Escobar.

Blackberries, oranges, grapes and walnuts are all in season. Check out these scrumptious treats that you can have for breakfast or during a study break. All of them cost less than $5 and can be found a block from campus!

Mixed berry scone at Babette. Photo by Josh Escobar.

Mixed berry scones at Babette

These gluten-free scones, available on Thursdays at Babette in the Berkeley Art Museum, are rugged and dry on the outside but soft like a cupcake on the inside. Break it in half and you’ll see blotches of strawberries and blackberries that look like confetti.

Cranberry crumb bars at the Berkeley Student Food Collective

While pastries by Nabolom Bakery are delivered every morning to the Berkeley Student Food Collective, this treat is made on-site by student volunteers. It goes great with coffee or as a mate for breakfast!

Al Mare gelato. Photo by Simone Arpaio.

Al Mare gelato. Image courtesy of Simone Arpaio.

Honey and walnut gelato at Al Mare

This cold treat tastes just like it sounds and has the added creaminess of gelato made fresh. Look out for the orange, chocolate and spice gelato and pumpkin flavors next month!

Grape oolong tea at Asha Tea House. Photo by Josh Escobar.

Grape oolong tea at Asha Tea House

Asha Tea House makes this tea with fresh fruits. The bitterness of California red grape peels and oolong tea is balanced with the sweetness of crushed grapes at the bottom of the drink. It’s perfect iced!