Get in on the secret: 11 Starbucks secret-menu drinks that will cure your cravings

Starbucks

If you’re making the long walk to one of the two Starbucks joints we have in Berkeley (we’re still confused why some students make the trek), you might as well make it worth your time. Try ordering these drinks instead of the boring old usuals on the menu. Beware: Some baristas may not recognize the drinks by name, so you might have to explain them.

Burnt marshmallow: Solo espresso macchiato, two pumps of white mocha sauce and a caramel drizzle.

If you’re on the go and need a quick pick-me-up, this is the drink for you. Yes, you would be spending $4 on a tiny little cup (this drink only comes in the short cup), but it will definitely keep you awake during your Anthro 3AC lecture.

Peach ring tea: Half Passion Tea and half Valencia Orange Refresher without water with two pumps of peach syrup (for a tall). 

If you’re not a huge coffee drinker but still want to be one of the cool kids who orders from the secret menu, go ahead and order the peach ring tea. Tastes just like the chewy candy that you used to eat by the dozen.

Strawberry coconut lemonade: Strawberry lemonade with two pumps of coconut syrup and coconut flakes. Have it blended and topped with whipped cream.

Here’s another good drink for those who don’t like coffee. We secretly love that these people exist.

‘Harry Potter’ Butterbeer (cold): Creme Frappuccino with whole milk, three pumps of caramel syrup, three pumps of toffee nut syrup and a caramel drizzle.

Our campus already looks like a set from the series, so why not enjoy a nice cup of ‘Harry Potter’-inspired Butterbeer to go with it? Sit outside of Bowles with this secret-menu drink in hand, and you could pass as an extra in one of the films.

Butterbeer (hot): whole-milk steamer with caramel syrup, toffee nut syrup, cinnamon dolce syrup (two pumps of each syrup for tall, three for grande, four for venti) and whipped cream and salted caramel bits on top. If you want more coffee flavor, add a shot of espresso (2 for grande or venti).

If you enjoy the coziness a Starbucks cup can bring, get the hot Butterbeer instead.

Snickers Frappuccino: Java Chip Frappucino with toffee nut syrup and a caramel drizzle.

We all crave chocolate. We all crave coffee. Why not combine both in one amazing drink? Tastes just like the candy, but now you can drink it!

Samoa cookie Frappuccino: Mocha Coconut Frappuccino with caramel syrup.

This one tugs at the heartstrings. Whether you were one of the little girls selling these cookies or one of the shameless teens buying these cookies, this drink will bring back all those memories.

Cocoa Puffs Frappuccino: Vanilla bean Frappuccino with hazelnut syrup, mocha syrup and chocolate whipped cream.

Feel bad that you skipped breakfast? Get the Cocoa Puffs drink to make up for it! It tastes just like the chocolate goodness that comes in the cereal box. Warning: It probably has absolutely no nutritional value and should not be eaten for breakfast on a regular basis.

Neapolitan: Strawberries and cream Frappuccino with vanilla bean powder and a pump of mocha syrup. Top it off with chocolate drizzle and whipped cream! 

The ice cream classic in drinkable form! Who doesn’t love ice cream?

Banana cream pie Frappuccino: Vanilla bean creme Frappuccino with a pump each of vanilla syrup and hazelnut syrup, whipped cream and a whole banana.

If you want to trick your body into thinking a Starbucks drink could actually be healthy, the banana cream pie will do it. It might be a bit pricey to get the whole banana blended in, but the taste is worth it.

The Coldbuster: Venti cup with a bag of Refresh Tea (mint) and a bag of Calm Tea (chamomile). Fill half the cup with hot water and the other half with steamed lemonade. Add a little honey for its anti-microbial effects and a pump of peppermint if you want.

The lecture halls might as well be a symphony of sniffles and sneezes. Now that it’s flu season, almost everyone seems to be under the weather. Grab this nice big cup of hot tea to alleviate your symptoms so you don’t have to join the clan of used-tissue carriers.

For more secret-menu drinks, visit http://starbuckssecretmenu.net/

Image sources: Marco Paköeningrat under Creative Commons

Contact Ilaf Esuf at [email protected]