Arts tweets of the week: Kanye, Cher, Courtney Love and more

Twitter is a strange thing. At times, it has helped start revolutions and mobilized people en masse, while at other times it has been a platform for self-imposed humiliation. Nonetheless, Twitter has served as a valuable tool for celebrities to unload their often nonsensical stream of consciousness that others call “thinking” — in 140 characters or fewer — for the world to enjoy.

Here are the best arts-and-entertainment-related tweets of the week:

Kanye West debuted the music video for his Yeezus track “Bound 2” last week, and it’s something you cannot miss, especially if you love corny green screens, naked Kim Kardashian and motorcycles. Shout-out to James Franco and Seth Rogen for looking better than Kanye and Kim in their remake, titled “Bound 3.”

What happens when two of the most talented young musical acts of the year come together to cover one of Sheryl Crow’s best and most moving love songs? Pure magic. Last week, at VH1’s “You Oughta Know” concert series, Lorde joined LA sister trio Haim onstage to cover Sheryl Crow’s “Strong Enough,” and everyone, including Crow, loved it.

Cher’s latest nonsensical tweet is one for the books. But since when does anything Cher says make sense? If you use Twitter and you don’t follow her, you are seriously missing out.

Won’t we all Mac Miller? Last week, it was announced that Outkast — the duo made up of Andre 3000 and Big Boi — will be returning from a six-year hiatus to headline this year’s Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival.

Two weeks ago, fashion designer Peggy Noland released her NSFW and questionably sexist, possibly racist but definitely interesting naked Oprah Winfrey dress featuring four different prints of a naked Oprah. The dress has since made huge waves in the fashion world — in which some have called it bigotry and others just plain hilarious.

It was just another casual cab ride in New York City for New York Times writer Frank Bruni until he found Courtney Love’s cellphone. Never a noncontroversial comment coming from Courtney Love’s mouth, Love tweeted at Bruni asking that he please not publish her “dirty pics.”  Gawker’s John Cook immediately offered to buy the phone off Bruni.

Contact Sam Avishay at [email protected].