4 burglaries occur at Clark Kerr Campus and University Village over long weekend

Four burglaries occurred at Clark Kerr Campus and University Village in Albany over the Thanksgiving holiday weekend.

Two of the four burglaries occurred in Building 7 at the Clark Kerr Campus residence halls. One incident occurred between 3 p.m. Wednesday and 4:54 p.m. Saturday, and the burglary perpetrator or perpetrators entered the victim’s room by breaking and entering through a window, according to a UCPD crime alert released Monday.

On Sunday, UCPD received a report of a burglary, which occurred sometime between 6 p.m. Wednesday and 10 p.m. Saturday. The victim, from Building 7, returned home Sunday to find several items missing from his room, including his guitar, musical equipment and laptop.

In University Village at Albany, an apartment was burglarized sometime between 3:30 p.m. Friday and 2:58 p.m. Saturday. According to a crime alert released Monday, the burglary perpetrator or perpetrators gained entry through an open window.

The same residence was burglarized again between 9 p.m. Saturday and 1 p.m. Sunday when the victims, a female UC Berkeley student and a male not affiliated with the campus, arrived at the residence, interrupting the burglary.

According to the crime alert, a suspect on foot and a white van, which may have been involved with the burglary, were seen fleeing the scene.

Contact Daphne Chen and Sophie Ho at [email protected].