The NSFW video and other reactions to the fall 2013 naked run

Boobs, balls, butts and body odor overtook Main Stacks as naked students participated in the semesterly tradition Tuesday night.

The naked run, started by Lothlorien co-op, is one of our favorite UC Berkeley traditions at the Clog. Every semester, students run naked through the library to the cheers and horror of students diligently studying for finals.

The energy of the participants and the spectators provides a much-needed pick-me-up during dead week. A crowd gathered at the entrance of Main Stacks a little after 9 p.m. to witness the spectacle, welcoming in a naked mob of about 50 students shouting a triumphant “WOOOOOOO!” at the top of their lungs and streaming past hardcore studiers as they did so.

Never failing to provide us with entertainment, this year’s group of nude heroes included wig-wearers, cape costumes and at least one male who wore a horse mask over his head. We love that our school is much more intense than the typical undie runs that UCLA and UCSB, among other universities, participate in.

For those of you who missed the occasion this semester — or if you want to relive the event — we’ve got all highlights for you.

This video uploaded to Youtube — a collection of the videos and pictures —  shows scenes from throughout the event. However, the standout moment of the night was at about the 1:20 mark, when a a naked woman crashing into a man videotaping the event.

The Twitter world was also buzzing about the tradition. We collected some of our favorite tweets below that illustrate how the night went for those involved.

Gena-mour Barrett contributed to this report. Contact Chloe Hunt at [email protected]