UC Berkeley student sexually assaulted in Unit 1 residence hall, police say

A female UC Berkeley student was sexually assaulted sometime between late Friday night and early Saturday morning at her residence in Unit 1, police said.

The student went to a fraternity party and was drinking alcohol Friday evening, according to a UCPD crime alert released Tuesday. After realizing that she was intoxicated, the student asked a male acquaintance — also a UC Berkeley student — to accompany her as she walked home, police said.

The male student allegedly sexually assaulted her sometime between 10:30 p.m. on Friday and 2:30 a.m. on Saturday in her residence. According to the UCPD Daily Activity Bulletin and spokesperson Lt. Eric Tejada, the alleged offense was reported as a sexual assault via foreign object.

UCPD received a report of the incident Saturday at 12:15 p.m. Tejada said police currently know the identity of the suspect, and the investigation is ongoing. Information from UCPD’s investigation is being forwarded to the Alameda County District Attorney’s office.

According to the crime alert, the suspect is described as an Asian Indian male, 5-foot-7 in height, 140 pounds, with a medium complexion, brown eyes and black short curly hair.

Kimberly Veklerov is the lead crime reporter. Contact her at [email protected] and follow her on Twitter @KVeklerov.

• Kevlev

dirty perv. If this is true, I hope the girl gets justice. And KARMA someday gets this Indian guy back and gives him a “foreign object.”