It’s no secret that our campus is pretty big. It’s 1,232 acres (which is, like, 947 football fields) of amazing, with 32 libraries and a plethora of other buildings. So it’d be pretty impressive if you could identify and locate places on campus based on a single photograph. Care to test your knowledge? Take our quiz and identify the places below. See how many you got right by looking at the answer key at bottom of the page, and let us know how you did in the comments!
1. Here’s an easy one: Where was this picture taken?
2. Can you guess where this covert cafe is?
3. This one must look familiar.
4. The architectural style is Classical Revival. Where is this building?
5. By what building could you find this focal piece?
6. Where is this statue located?
7. There are eight faculty Nobel Laureates currently among us. By what building is this special parking spot?
8. Does this look familiar to you?
9. Don’t let the angle fool you. Where is this bridge located on campus?
10. This building is a lot larger than what is pictured. What is the name of it?
11. What building is in the background?
12. In what building are these elevators located?
13. What is the name of this room?
14. Where can you find this place?
15. Where is this bear statue located?
16. Between what two buildings is this statue?
17. It’s a courtyard, but where is it?
18. What building is this?
19. Does this building look familiar to you?
20. What area do these flowers grow in?
21. Where can you find this drinking fountain?
Answer key: 1. North Reading Room, Doe Library; 2. Common Grounds Cafe, Dwinelle Hall; 3. Sundial near the Campanile; 4. Hearst Gymnasium; 5. Mulford Hall (Li Ka Shing Center is also correct); 6. Faculty Glade; 7. Gilman Hall (LeConte Hall is also correct); 8. Outside Mulford Hall; 9. Sather Gate; 10. Hilgard Hall; 11. Hildebrand Hall; 12. Li Ka Shing Center; 13. Heyns Reading Room, Doe Library; 14. Cupola near Hildebrand and Giauque halls; 15. Outside California Memorial Stadium; 16. Davis and Sutardja Dai halls; 17. Latimer Hall; 18. University House; 19. Cory Hall; 20. Outside Valley Life Sciences Building, near Moffitt Library; 21. Faculty Glade
Contact Raymond Yang at [email protected].