PSA: International Chocolate Salon on March 15

Chocolate-lovers of the Bay Area will unite Saturday at Fort Mason Center in San Francisco. The International Chocolate Salon, which will feature 55,000 square feet of chocolate, wine and confections will be open from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. at the Festival Pavilion.

This is the eighth year of the event, which will have a number of artisan-chocolate-makers in attendance. The samples alone should more than make up for the cost of entry, which is $20 to $25 if you order online and $30 at the door. For those ages 21 and above, the event will also have a stellar selection of wine and champagne available for tasting.

Some of this year’s chocolatiers include Bay Area-based Guittard Chocolate Company and Scharffen Berger Chocolate Maker. In addition to the chocolate tasting, there will also be demonstrations, new product launches, talks with celebrity chefs and authors, book signings, games, a chocolate art gallery and, most importantly, chocolate tasting.

And if all this isn’t enough to convince you to spend your Saturday in San Francisco on a rare and beautiful sunny day, then let us remind you again that you have the opportunity to surround yourself with 55,000 square feet of chocolate. Please — don’t drool on your computer.

Contact Rachel Feder at [email protected].