Last week, UC Berkeley announced that U.S. House Democratic leader Nancy Pelosi will deliver the 2014 commencement speech in May. Before she comes to Berkeley, you really should know some more about her. The Clog has compiled several of most important facts about Pelosi that are absolutely essential.
1. She keeps Ghirardelli chocolate stocked in her office at all times.
As the House representative for most of San Francisco, Pelosi wants to support local businesses. Plus, she just loves chocolate.
2. Pelosi is worth a boatload of money.
3. She’s known to eat ice cream for breakfast.
She’s all about that balanced diet!
4. Pelosi knows Brad Pitt.
He visited her in Washington, D.C., to discuss his philanthropic plans for New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina.
5. Pelosi has appeared on both “Top Chef” and “30 Rock.”
She was a guest judge on “Top Chef” and appeared on the series finale of “30 Rock.”
6. Five years ago, she made a YouTube video with her cats.
The video featured her cats acting as politicians on Capitol Hill. She received lots of negative feedback for the video.
7. Diane von Furstenberg created a tote bag in support of Pelosi.
The bag is only $65!
8. She’s a big fan of 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick’s tattooed arms.
She’s also definitely not afraid to say it in front of the country.
9. Pelosi supports Kentucky Fried Chicken over Chick-Fil-A
and tweeted about it after it was revealed that Chick-Fil-A supports anti-gay-marriage causes.
10. Her mother wanted her to be a nun, but with her five adult children, that dream clearly never worked out.
Image Source: Leader Nancy Pelosi