Picks of the Week: Fun on the Fourth

Are you starting to feel that one-month-into-summer lull? Looking for something to do this Fourth of July weekend? Well, there’s never a dull moment here in the Bay Area; you’ve just got to get off your tushy (or should I say touché?) and find something new to do! Here’s a few things going on this week that are just a bus ride away.

Touché Amoré, Tigers Jaw and Dads @ Oakland Metro Operahouse, June 30

Kick off your week with a rock show, featuring Burbank-based post-hardcore band Touché Amore, touring in support of their hit album Is Survived By. Touring alongside indie-rock duos Tigers Jaw and Dads, the cool sounds of melodic rock will help tame the summer heat.

4th of July @ Berkeley Marina

Staying in Berkeley for Independence Day? Drop by the Berkeley Marina from noon to 10PM for live entertainment, carnival games, arts and crafts, a free photo booth, free dragon boat rides and more! If you can’t make the whole event, make sure to drop by at 9:35PM for a spectacular firework show by the pier, brought to you by the City of Berkeley.

Adam Levine’s big screen debut

2013 Toronto Film Festival Favorite, “Begin Again,” premieres in US theatres on June 27. Everyone’s favorite member of Maroon 5 plays a singer/songwriter (what a surprise), alongside Keira Knightley, Mark Ruffalo, Hailee Steinfeld and former “The Voice” co-coach CeeLo Green.

Ariana Grande’s next summer smash

The 21-year-old diva has been itching to release new music since her infectious hit single, “Problem” featuring Iggy Azalea, topped the charts earlier this summer. Her next single, “Break Free,” will drop on July 2. And taking a hint from her mysterious Instagram posts, there might be a new music video to match.