2 student groups protest Tuesday over issue of Israeli academic boycotts

Palestine_AHayat
Ariel D. Hayat/Staff

Drums and microphones met caution tape and signs as two separate student groups protested on Upper Sproul Plaza on Tuesday over the issue of academic exchange between UC Berkeley and Israeli academic institutions.

Approximately 250 students from various Palestinian advocacy groups on campus rallied during the International Day of Action for Palestine, which advocates an academic boycott of Israeli institutions, among other points.

The protest, led by UC Berkeley junior Unis Barakat, a member of the campus Muslim Student Association, and co-sponsored by groups such as CalSERVE and Students for Justice in Palestine, protested academic collaboration with Israeli institutions, including study abroad programs in Israel and joint research with Israeli institutions.

About 45 students staged a simultaneous counterprotest led by Tikvah, a Zionist group on campus, advocating “academic freedom” and “the free flow of ideas,” according to the event’s Facebook page. The group urged the ASUC to denounce Tuesday’s Day of Action in SB 11, which was tabled indefinitely at an ASUC committee meeting Sept. 15.

Dressed in black, students participating in the Day of Action carried posters depicting Palestine’s geography and wounded Palestinians, waved flags and lay on the ground to interrupt pedestrian traffic on Sproul Plaza, intended as a symbol of Palestinian solidarity. Chants of “Free! Free! Palestine!” and “Long Live Gaza!” came from Barakat’s loudspeaker.

“The purpose of this demonstration was to remind our peers that their voices do make a difference and that they have the power to bring about social change,” Barakat said. “Palestine is a human rights issue, and it’s time our student body realized that and upheld Berkeley’s legacy of social change.”

The protest also included a speech from Hatem Bazian, a campus lecturer in the department of Near Eastern studies, who spoke on the importance of the 50th anniversary of the Free Speech Movement, saying UC Berkeley should be “No. 1 in challenging the structure of power.”

Adjacent to the Palestinian advocacy groups, the Tikvah counterprotesters stood silently in a circle of caution tape to symbolize what they allege is discrimination against Israeli students as a result of the academic boycotts.

Wearing black “#CutTheTape” T-shirts, the counter-protesters held signs that said, “Progress comes from cooperation not discrimination,” “You can’t put thought in a concentration camp” and “Stifling academia is stifling progress.”

“Whatever we would have yelled would have been construed as us trying to silence them, and that wasn’t the point of our protest,” said Michaela Fried, president of Tikvah.

SB 11, titled “A Bill in Support of the Free Flow of Ideas and International Academic Collaboration,” called for the ASUC to endorse “academic freedom” by rejecting boycotts against Israeli academic institutions.

According to Bakarat, the academic boycott encourages academics to use nonviolent means to fight for justice for Palestinians.

Fried said she was not surprised that the bill was postponed and does not believe Tuesday’s demonstration will change the bill’s fate.

“It would be nice after today … to know that the student body recognizes my right to exist,” Fried said. “But I don’t really have faith in that student body anymore, and I don’t expect anything.”

Student bystanders Gabby Padilla and Zeru Feki did not know of the protests before arriving on Sproul, but they supported both groups’ expression of their opinions and personal experiences.

“We will never just get one side; seeing two separate groups on Sproul (Plaza) is amazing,” Feki said. “It’s cool (that) we get both perspectives.”

Contact Amy Jiang and Robert Tooke at [email protected].

• Dan Spitzer

Actually, Joyce I shouldn’t be so hard on you. Among your posts reflecting your membership in the “Honorable” Louis Farrakhan’s mosque, you have stated that Jews were responsible both for 9/11 and all the evil of the world. This perspective simply underscores what polls conducted by Muslims themselves show: a belief by most of the world’s Muslims that Jews were responsible for 9/11 and are irredeemably evil.
    Joyce you are simply being far more honest than most Muslims and lefties who are pro-Palestinian proponents, including SJP, MSA and their leftist supporters are willing to be in the press. Their hatred of those of Hebraic heritage is as palpable as the Ham-Asswipes oft stated desire to annihilate all the Jews in the planet. But unlike Joyce, the likes of SJP and MSA choose to hide their bigotry.
    So thank you Joyce for your honesty. Do please post often as your willingness to be forthright with your hatred is a refreshing change from your fellow pro-Palestinians who choose to mask their anti-Semitism behind leftist ideology and rhetoric. But they aren’t fooling anybody with a functioning cranial capacity…

• SamXie

The Arabs hold over ninety-nine percent of the landmass of the
    Middle East and control twenty-one countries. These are Algeria,
    Bahrain, the Comoros Islands, Djibouti, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait,
    Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Mauritania, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia,
    Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, the United Arab Emirates, and Yemen. And the existence of tiny, democratic Israel is the one under scrutiny.at Cal.
    I stand with Tikvah, Students for Israel in speaking truth to power. I urge everyone to join me

• joyceforjustice

well u must be happy to murder womyn and children because u are just too hateful. free gaza and my oprssed systers everywhere!

• Dan Spitzer

If this illiterate ignoramus member of Fart-His-Can’s anti-Semitic outhouse is actually a student, this doesn’t exactly speak well of affirmative action does it? Wow, Joyce is a descendant of the Black Muslims’ Temple of Dumb. She doubtless gets straight A’s from Hat’em Bazian as well as the Black Studies Dep’t.
        But again, let’s give this dumbo credit. Joyce says exactly what her pals in SJP and MSA believe. Bigotry is alive and well on the Cal campus…

• 1kenthomas

Beginning by replying to your first post in this thread: we disagree.

First, you mix the language of (a) human rights violations, (b) alleged violations of international law, and (c) genocide.

The first (a) may be true, but if so is regrettably true in war and conflict of almost every nation, including the United States, in such areas.

In regards to (b), I know of no properly constituted Court with due authority, which has judged Israel guilty of violations of international law in regards to the matters at hand. This area of law is quite complex, but I do know many experts in it, including one of the founding team of the ICJ. If you’d like to get more specific, and can formulate an actual charge that might be taken seriously by a Court of Jurisdiction, I’d be more than glad to discuss it.

That said, even if (a) and (b) were true, moving to (c) is a serious, serious accusation; and you appear in making it, to fall suddenly off a slippery slope that you’ve made for yourself.

Please, read five or six standard definitions of genocide, then find definitions in use by international authorities. Then, tell us how, exactly, Israel, a nation uniquely founded to respond to new threat of genocide in the 20th century, is engaging in anything like genocide.

It is at this point, that your comment regarding Hamas, might be addressed. Foremost, of course, Hamas exists because of a vacuum of power, which largely has nothing to do with Israel. That is to say, it was able to seize some power, in a difficult political situation, by exigent means, likely unfair ones which do not represent the population of the Territories.

Not much more need be said on that point– except I beg to differ, when Hamas is willing to risk the lives of children in the Territories, by for instance placing its fighters in and near schools, and when IDF personnel are willing to risk their lives to save those children, as a matter of principle and morality.

That of course, is not to say Israel has not, or does not mistakes– which you could point out, to nitpick this issue. But that mistakes are made and innocent people die because of it, is the unfortunate and terrible nature of war.

And the above is why it is better, to earnestly seek peace.

In your comment, of course, you mean something different, along the lines of, “Israel has been oppressing Gaza… and this makes Hamas and the infitada necessary.”

This is not entirely historically accurate, or at least, representative of the entire story or picture. And by revising history, the picture you paint has the danger of, as Messers. Brezinski and McNamara might have put it, to fail to seriously and totally engage the situation and events, and thus, blunder into disaster.

The displacement of the people in the Palestinian Territories is not, by far, solely Israel’s doing or fault. It is equally, the doing of the United Kingdom in particular, the Arab states of the time, of the United States, and of several other nations and actors.

Without reviewing the particular history in some depth– which is necessary, and evidently beyond the skillsets of recent US Secretaries of State: each of these actors, naively looks upon Israel and the Territories, as a bilateral problem between two actors. As if, they had no responsibility.

In fact, they are entirely complicit with the current situation. And there is scant chance of finding a path to a solution, without the co-ordinated and earnest action and sacrifice, of all the involved nations, or a significant portion thereof.

One such solution, for instance, would be to give the residents of the territories the right to work, and paths to citizenship in, the United States, the UK, the Schengen nations, and the involved Arab States; concurrent with, a security arrangement, largely financed by the foregoing states, which would allow residents of the Territories to travel with relative freedom, while unquestionably protecting the security of Israel.

Such a solution, would unquestionably impose high short-term costs on all the nations I have mentioned. It would almost certainly, require one or more Arab states, to recognize the existence of Israel, of the historical events of the Holocaust, and of Israel’s unique historical claim, to a right to exist as a nation, as a unique political entity founded in culture and religion– if not, as something tantamount to a secular democracy shrouded in a theocracy.

As Mr. Kissenger and his aides have recently intimated, the above may in fact be quite in the best interests of the Arab peoples (and not the puppy states that they have been forced to live under); and it may make the projects of the Arab nations, much closer and similar to those of Israel, and their interests, much more closely aligned– especially in the current moment– than is immediately obvious.

For oddly, it seems that the United States and Israel, in the end, are more willing to sacrifice both their troops lives, and their wealth and resources, to defend for instance, the people of Syria– than the official government of Syria, itself.

• Wabbit

Looks like the Israeli propaganda machine is working extra hours commenting on this article…

• disappointed

Looks like you’re paranoid. The majority of people in this country support Israel’s right to exist, and its right to defend itself against terrorists, while you support terrorists. Don’t act all surprised when people post their disagreement with your rabid, illogical positions online.

• Dan Spitzer

In point of fact, the percentage of Americans who support Israel is at an all time high…

• disappointed

Even in Berkeley, with all its dysfunctionalism, there is still a considerable group of people across ideological/political lines that acknowledge and defend Israel’s rights as a sovereign nation, which is why the kooks feel compelled to flag posts and try to get them deleted when they can’t win the argument.

• joyceforjustice

hater and check ur privlege.

• SamXie

There were also chants of “From the River to the Sea”- explicitly calling for the end of Israel, as well as “We support the Intifada”- an equally explicit endorsement of violence. Its apparent that the organizers of this anti-Israel rally don’t support the existence of Israel within any borders. Its shocking to find that level of exclusionary, racist rhetoric tolerated in the Bay area. Would we tolerate white supremicists at Berkeley?

• Wabbit

“From the River to the Sea” supports ending Israel’s racist regime: it is an explicit call to stop Israel’s discrimination against non-Jews. The Initifada is a popular uprising of the Palestinian indigenous population against its oppressors. The violence is not theirs – but their oppressors (which apparently, you support.)

• Dan Spitzer

Wabbit, it appears you need reading glasses. “From the River to the Sea” doesn’t mean an end to alleged discrimination (which btw, only exists in Palestinian propaganda). “From the River to the Sea” clearly means an end to Israel. Just ask any of the ignoramuses chanting it…

• Dan Spitzer

Also, why did the Daily Cal eliminate my comment that Professor Hatem Bazian, in front of an anti-Iraq war demonstration of thousands in SF, screamed into a microphone that “what we need is an intifada in the US.” This was widely reported in the papers, including the Chron, and I was there in person to hear that odious “demand.”

• Borracha Linda

Intifada is just the beginning of the end of the American empire. But best of luck subsidizing the Holocaust industry with the bodies of Muslims.

• Dan Spitzer

Thank you, Borracha, for your honesty in showing us clearly the sort of anti-Semitism so evident in SJP and its supporters.
            Readers should also note Borracha’s comments about the US. It should remind them that the Palestinians were the only people on the planet dancing in the streets on 9/11 as the Twin Towers fell…

• disappointed

IIRC the Kuwaitis kicked their Palestinian guest workers out after the liberation in 1992 as they celebrated Saddam’s invasion. These Palestinians clearly are not the sharpest tools in the shed.

• Dan Spitzer

Wadda ya mean “not the sharpest tools in the shed?” Didn’t the Ham-Asswipes just announce that they won the war?
            But yes, you are on target. They truly are “tools.”

• disappointed

They announce winning the war at the same time they bemoan that they lost > 1000x of their own citizens as did Israel. It rather suggests that the Palestinans have a “reverse body count” mentality to gauging military success, as they figure the more of their own get killed, the better they are doing. No wonder they like to launch their katushyas from apartment buildings and hospitals.

• Dan Spitzer

“Reverse body count.” I love it! You are certain to see this rationalization on both the SJP and JVP websites. So you better copyright it soon or you may learn that Prof Hate’em Bazian has usurped it for his next lecture on the history of the glorious Palestinian “civilization” (nay, I shouldn’t use that term when talking about the Palestinians)…

• ForeignSpectator

Wow, what a shame that (what I presume are) members of the supposedly intellectual UC Berkeley community would rather satisfy their own preconceived notions with sick jokes at the expense of legitimately oppressed people than actually try to find out the truth. I am disappointed.

• Dan Spitzer

Hey FS, you don’t find the exclamation by the Ham-Asswipes that they won the war funny? Where’s your sense of humor. You must have been weaned on a pickle, although I doubt it was kosher. ;-)>

• joyceforjustice

u are so right there are so many dumb and ignorent people who are apethetic about microagresion and mackroagression everywhere

• joyceforjustice

only because reagan and the americans made them do it

• ForeignSpectator

“Palestinians were the only people on the planet dancing in the streets on 9/11 as the Twin Towers fell…”

1. Maybe they hate us because we are virtually the only country on Earth that goes far out of our way to support the people who have been oppressing them for decades.

2. Everyone deserves justice, no matter what their opinions are (or, more accurately, no matter what the opinions of the people we think are representative of the entire population may be).

• joyceforjustice

and that was faek too because islam is releigon of peace and minister farakann told us about tricknology and how the israel faekd 9 11 anyhow.

• disappointed

“Intifada is just the beginning of the end of the American empire.”

And of course you have a better idea. I can see it now: stoning adulterers, hanging gays, forced genital mutilation, and the reintroduction of slavery along with the usual carbombings, beheadings, etc. But that’s all OK because you all hate America and want to bring us down a notch in the world, right?

• joyceforjustice

coz you are a racist.

• OfficialPro

Invalid reasoning. Illogical comment. Irrelevant. You support genocide of Jews, clearly. You hypocrite.

• SamXie

From the River to the Sea does not allow any room for Israel- its a call for the destruction of the homeland of the Jewish people- where 40% of the World’s Jewish population now dwells. Intifada is the uprising that lead to thousands dead on either side. its a call to violence. Indigenous? You must be kidding. Even the UN agency in charge of the Palestinian refugees doesn’t consider the Palestinians “indigenous”- to UNRWA, a Palestinian is someone who lived in this region in 1946 on , and their descendents. Living in the land 2 years before Israeli statehood doesn’t make you “indigenous”. The vast majority of the Arabs in pre-state Israel now known as Palestinian were recent migrants.

• Borracha Linda

Only Jewish supremacists are allowed.

• joyceforjustice

no we shoeld fight the jew supremacy. check up privlege!

• Sherman Boyson

A lot of opinion from someone who hides their identity.

• ForeignSpectator

You should not be at all concerned about my identity. Hiding one’s identity denies readers the possibility of attacking irrelevant issues relating to his/her background and allows them to focus solely on the content of his/her argument. It is the only surefire way of staving off ad hominems. I hide my identity only in the spirit of protecting the integrity of impartial, relevant, unbiased, and rigorous argumentation.

• 1kenthomas

If you’d care to step over to my old department on the sixth floor of Dwinelle for a few moments–
        one’s ‘auctoritas’, or ad hominem position, is one of the grounding features of argument. It matters, who said what, when, where–
        why, as one of my professors at Williams put it, did Plato set most of the Dialogues, in the Piraeus, the docks of Athens — ?
        An ad hominem fallacy, is quite a different thing.

• disappointed

I would hide my identity as well from people who scream about killing an entire group of people over a problem that was their own making in the first place. The latest Israel-Gaza war only came about because Gazans insist on shooting rockets at Israeli cities. The inability of these rabid protesters to recognize and deal with the truth suggests that they would have no issue in resorting to violence if it helped them get their way.

• 1kenthomas

Let’s be clear that not all Gazans shot those rockets, and by far, the majority of Gazans oppose both their use, and Hamas. שָׁנָה טוֹבָה .

• ForeignSpectator

Also, tragic as it is, the issue of who started the most recent outburst of fighting becomes essentially irrelevant once you ask (and find the answer to) the question, “Why did Hamas come into existence in the first place?”

• Dan Spitzer

Why did Hamas come into existence? And why did they start shiooting rockets at Israel years ago?
            There is nothing difficult in answering these questions. The answers are clearly found in the Ham-Asswipe Covenant calling for the killing of Jews everywhere on the planet.
            In sum, to comprehend these queries, all you have to have is the ability to read…

• ForeignSpectator

You have to realize that Israel is, plain and simple, responsible for the founding of Hamas. Naturally, you can’t sustain a military occupation and engage in human rights abuses for decades in a territory that isn’t yours and expect the environment to not breed terrorism. Israel singlehandedly created the ideal breeding ground for terrorism and Hamas to arise. Hamas came into existence to fight against Israeli occupation. Although they do espouse views that are terribly radical and worthy of condemnation (such as killing Jews everything), Hamas’ foundation was largely precipitated by legitimate grievances (THIS DOES NOT MEAN THAT I CONDONE THE ACTIVITIES OR IDEOLOGY OF HAMAS OR CONSIDER IT TO BE A LEGITIMATE ORGANIZATION. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO CONSTRUE MY WORDS AS SUCH).

I guarantee you that if Israel unilaterally withdrew from all Palestinian territories today, Hamas would begin to cripple tomorrow.

• 1kenthomas

You write:

>I guarantee you that if Israel unilaterally withdrew from all Palestinian territories today, Hamas would begin to cripple tomorrow. They would have nothing to fight for.

Wrong. They would have more to fight for:

Power.

• joyceforjustice

you haev no right to ask such a haetful question coz plestinians are fighting for their freedom

• Dan Spitzer

“haev”, “haetful”, “coz”,”plestinians”.

If you didn’t support a people who openly call for Jewish genocide (see Ham-Asswipes’ charter), brutalize their women, jail or murder gays, and suppress dissenters Joyce, I’d lend moral support for you taking a course in first grade literacy. I mean it would be a shame for you to continue to embarrass yourself.

Joyce, are you a major in Middle East Studies? Is Hat’em Bazian your adviser? That won’t surprise any of us familiar with that department, the prof and his students…

• joyceforjustice

you dont scaer me with ur microagression and check ur privlege!

• joyceforjustice

you dont use ur dominant patiracal paradime to silence turth to power.
            it is none of up buisness what is my major but i am undeclard and taking
            peac and conflct studies and also womyns gender studies with taryn
            smith. but you dont know i am a student of life and have learned many
            things because i study the work of educated persons like the minister
            louis farakann he explained the tricknology of the jews so thats why u
            should check ur privlege!

• Dan Spitzer

Yes, Joyce, it is clear that you know how evil those Jews are from Minister Fart-His-Can. Like most good Muslims and pro-Palestinian supporters, you have learned that most of the evil in the world stems from Jews, haven’t you? Indeed, the Palestinian kids are taught this is schools from grade 1 and instructed that there is no nobler endeavor than to one day be the martyr murderer of those infidel Jews.

And yes, the Jews were behind 9/11 and all else that is bad, which most Muslims are taught and believe worldwide. So thanks Joyce for visiting us once again with your religion of hate and ignorance. Indeed, we know that is not the exclusive perspective of Islamists in the Middle East as scum-sucking Minister Fart-His-Can has brought his message home right to the US of A to true believers like you.
            Never fear, the teachings of Fart-His-Can are here. And we now must all hold our noses as his stench is overwhelming…
            ;-)>

• joyceforjustice

and u shoeldnt make fun of other peopl and call them stupid coz iq test is proved to be racist.

• son_of_oski
  • son_of_oski

Wow Daily Cal, you make the effort sound like it was much bigger than it actually was. In reality there were only like 100 people on the side of the pro-BDS movement.

• Dan Spitzer

Gee, I wonder why the Daily Cal inflated the pro-Palestinian numbers. Couldn’t be a reflection of the paper’s manifest biases could it? No, the DC editors won’t do that-they are too fair-minded. Aren’t they?
      ;-)>

• SamXie

The Palestinian group chanted “From the River to the Sea”- a rejection of the existence of Israel within ANY borders, and also chanted “We support the intifada”- a call for violence. This is not a group that supports co-existence of any kind. Would we give white-supremicists or segregationists a venue at Cal? I hope not. I’m not convinced that what I saw displayed on Sproul yesterday was any different.

• Dan Spitzer

Sam, in a protest of the US invasion of Iraq Prof. Hatem-Hate’em-Bazian, a primary organizer of yesterday’s demonstration vs Israel, screamed into a microphone before thousands of protestors, “We should organize an intifada in the US. We need one”
      Ham-Asswipes like Bazian have no basis to be given tenure at a major public institution of higher learning. How much of a reasonable discussion of the Middle East do you think you would learn in demogogue Prof Hate’em’s classes? Somehow, I don’t believe that the propaganda of anti-Semitic hate should be part the curriculum in UC classes…

• Dan Spitzer

BTW, yesterday’s SJP rally was great, albeit unintentional entertainment. It looked like Halloween had come early, with women cloaked in their oppressive Middle Eastern garb despite the heat. And then that trio of Indians! I’ve seen and appreciated wonderful Native American drumming and dance throughout the country. But that pro-Palestinian trio were so inept that they reminded me of The 3 Stooges. Great fun and a laff-riot!
    As for the chanting, has there been nothing original in the past 30 years of demonstrations. The same ole same ole with a few changes in the words. But then, the only originality one ever finds in SJP is its members capacity to fabricate “facts”…

• 1kenthomas

Let me guess. They bought out “No Justice, No Peace!” ?

• Dan Spitzer

The sole old “Chant of a Lifetime” missing was “Ho, Ho, Ho Chi Minh, NLF is Gonna Win!” ;-)> ‘Course that hallowed Prof Hate’em Bazian was screaming the chants out at the top of his voice. What fine decorum by a professor at an alleged institution of higher learning!

• Borracha Linda

Racial purity of the Israeli state must be defended whatever the human cost.

• Dan Spitzer

Hey Borracha, want a real instance of bigotry rather than your fabrication? Simply note the most popular political leaders of the Palestinian people, the Ham-Asswipes and their open call not “just” for the murder of all Israeli Jews but the call for the killing of Jews everywhere. Want to deny this reality? Simply read the Charter of the Ham-Asswipes…

• Borracha Linda

The tide is turning against the foundationally racist state of Israel, and its defenders are becoming anxious.

• Dan Spitzer

Well, Borracha, we all needed a laugh so thanks for providing it. Israel is at the healthiest it has ever been economically in its history and polls in the US show that it has never been so popular amongst the American people.
          “Tide turning vs Israel?” That’s as accurate as the Ham-Asswipes recent declaration of “victory.” ;-)>

• 1kenthomas

שָׁנָה טוֹבָה , Dan.
            I think it important to note that we face particular demographic and economic challenges, especially in maintaining the currently level of social services vs. adequate defense and education.
            This is unlikely the best forum for discussing those realities, given Borracha’s hostility and likelihood of lack of interest in a good faith discussion.
            Otherwise, Kissenger’s recent “World Order” does a reasonably job, of outlining Israel’s unique political constitution among nations– one which is hardly foundationally racist, rather, if we follow Arendt, a response to the racist and nationalist atrocities of the past century. e

• joyceforjustice

that is becase more people are ejucated about the tricksters like minister louis farakann and I learned a lot from him

• Arafat

Borracha,
      Racial purity? Almost 20% of Israel is Muslim.
      Compare this to Saudi Arabia, Iran, Somalia, Algeria, Morocco, Yemen, Iraq, Afghanistan, Turkey and many other Muslim countries where the non-Muslim population is less than 5% and sometimes 0% as is the case for Saudi Arabia – the center of the Muslim world.

• Wabbit

Thank you for summarizing the racist logic of Zionism.

• disappointed

Are you really that ignorant? Please tell us the last time you went to either Israel, Gaza or the West Bank.

• disappointed

“Racial purity of the Israeli state must be defended whatever the human cost.”

I dare you to go the city of Gaza then to Ashkelon in Israel, which is about 30 km away. I guarantee you will find a lot more racial and ethnic diversity in Ashkelon or any other good-sized Israeli city than anywhere in the Palestinian territories.

• 1kenthomas

In the historical backdrop of the Twentieth Century, the nation of Israel as the final existential refuge of the Jewish People, against the threat of their extermination, must and will be preserved at any cost.
      Now– racial purity? That’s a very odd accusation to lob recklessly at the People who have most felt the threat of genocide in the past seventy-five years.

• Arafat

The comment section tells us to be “respectful”. Does that mean we cannot also be honest?
    Is everything I have written not true and honest? Is it not true that Muslims all across Asia and Africa and the Middle East are committing acts of horror that rival what the Nazis did? Who can deny this truth?
    Yet, at liberal institutions like this one, it is apparently a sin to acknowledge these truths.
    Respect? What about respect for the victims? Shouldn’t the criminals be called out? Shouldn’t Islam be discussed openly and honestly without fear of being censored by the PC respectful police?

• joyceforjustice

your honesty is not our honesty. your realityy is not our reality.

• Arafat

Tell us, what is your reality?

• joyceforjustice

well everyons reality is lying media in middle east controlled by isreal media companies and the moshad. they can change things anytime and hide the real story.

• OfficialPro

You hypocrite. You social Justice wannabe teenage tumblr user. Jews are JUST AS LIBERAL AS YOU ARE. Kindly retract your medieval KKK-sourced lies about them, kthxbai.

• Dan Spitzer

She can’t. She has had what little brainpower she has scrubbed into excrement by her ever-love-in hero Louis Fart-His-Can…

• Arafat

No, that is NOT everyone’s reality. that is YOUR reality and it is anything but real.
            Here’s a learning moment for you: Just because you believe in something doesn’t make it real.
            This, of course, is many Muslim’s problem. They believe that if the cut someone’s head off in the pursuit of jihad they will go to paradise. That is their reality. Does that make it real for you too?

• OfficialPro

Your reality is maya. Illusion. You smoked too much weed and did too much LSD and now it’s brained your damage. You can’t go around redefining words or reality. That is a crime against SCIENCE. What are you, a creationist?

• Dan Spitzer

No, even worse, Joyce is a bloody Black Muslim whose bigoted hero is Louis Fart-His-Can…

• Arafat

There is a saying that goes like this: “Moderate Muslims hold down the infidel’s feet while the extremist does the dirty work.”

• disqus_6YcQLVlAyH

While ISIS beheads Western journalists, forces tens of thousands of men to dig their own graves and then executes them simply for not being accepting radical Sunni Islam, rapes and sells tens of thousands of women into slavery, forces hundreds of thousands of people to flee their homes in Syria and Iraq and become refugees, takes pictures with severed heads of Syrian soldiers, then films all of this and creates propaganda films to inspire radicalized people to join ISIS and then return home to commit terrorist attacks, what a great time to protest against Israel.

• Arafat

discus,
      These are “moderate” Muslims doing the protesting. Ever notice they NEVER protest any of the acts of Islamic barbarous actions you mention. Could someone lead me to any proof that “moderate” Muslims protested the genocide (by Muslims) of Animists and Christian in Sudan. Could someone lead me to any proof that “moderate” Muslims protested the murder of Buddhists (5,000 and counting) in southern Thailand. Could someone lead me to any proof that “moderate” Muslims protested the ethnic cleansing of Hindus from their ancient homelands in Pakistan and Bangladesh.
      No? I didn’t think so.
      Isn’t it clear “moderate” Muslims don’t care one bit about the atrocities committed by their fellow Muslims? Isn’t it clear as day that “moderate” Muslims help set the stage for their extremist brothers to do the dirty work?
      Wake up America.

• Dan Spitzer

It’s clearcut that only savages support Sharia. So what does that make the vast majority of the Palestinian people who support the Ham-Asswipes?

• Arafat

Like you write Hamas is simply another iteration of the Taliban, Al Qaeda and ISIS. (It goes without saying there are another couple dozen Islamic terrorist organizations with Boko Harem being one such example.)
          But as to your question…Yes, those who support Hamas support a Nazi-like organization. They may try to confuse us with their lies, rhetoric and taqiyya but they are little more than Nazi-supporters in a different garb.

• Dan Spitzer

The truth of the matter is that there is little difference between ISIS and Hamas. ISIS calls for the murder of all those who don’t practice their form of Sunni Islam. Hamas advocates the genocide of the Jewish people worldwide. And both practice gender apartheid via advocation of Sharia Law, which subjugates women and calls for the killing of homosexuals.
      You pro-Palestinians: If you love the political leaders most beloved by the Palestinian people, Hamas, and it’s obvious that you do, you’ll love ISIS.
      In sum, Hamas=ISIS.

• disqus_6YcQLVlAyH

This was supposed to be sarcastic, but thank you for adding context

• Willliam Wallace

Fascists do not recognize sarcasm, dumbass_6YcQLVIAyH!

• Jewish liar two.

• Jewish liar one.