Fall flavors at Cinnaholic

clog.cinna.feder1
Rachel Feder/Staff

Cinnaholic is one of those treats that is delicious all year long. With an insane number of icings and toppings to choose from, the do-it-yourself cinnamon bun shop is a true Berkeley gem. These sweet little buns are entirely vegan, making them much easier to digest than your typical Cinnabon cinnamon bun. The shop offers 29 frosting flavors and 21 toppings. At Cinnaholic, you have the power to choose as many frostings and toppings as you can possibly pile onto one cinnamon bun, meaning that the flavor combinations are virtually endless.

Ever your loyal servant in finding the best seasonal food Berkeley has to offer, the Clog strolled down to Oxford Street to find the best fall flavor combinations Cinnaholic has to offer. Forget the pumpkin spice latte; this week we’re all about the pumpkin spice cinnamon bun.

The one thing that never changes at Cinnaholic is the light, fluffy, and perfectly spicy cinnamon bun that will serve as your creation’s base. The vanilla frosting is a classic, so if you’re looking to add just a little fall flavor to an all-around classic, opt for graham crackers as your topping.

Rachel Feder/Staff

Rachel Feder/Staff

If you suddenly find yourself craving more after this first yummy cinnamon bun, we suggest making the jump into full-on fall flavor by creating your own pecan pie out of a cinnamon bun. Choose maple frosting and pecans as the topping, and you’ll find yourself digging into a truly delectable treat. Is it pie? Is it a cinnamon bun? We’re not sure, but if we had to give it a title, we’d call it the best of both worlds.

Rachel Feder/Staff

Rachel Feder/Staff

Another excellent fall option is the butter pecan frosting with pie crumble on top. The crunch of the pie crumble contrasts nicely with the softness of the cinnamon bun. This is an especially saccharine combination, from the sweetness of the bun’s dough to the sugary butter frosting to the pie crumble glazed with honey. Your sweet tooth will be humbly satiated after this bun.

Of course, no list of fall flavors would be complete without a pumpkin spice option. The ultimate in fall flavor combination at Cinnaholic all comes down to a bun covered in pumpkin spice frosting and doused with a hearty helping of crumbled gingersnap cookie pieces. The snap when you bite into the bun comes from the crunch of the cookie and the spice of the ginger. The sweet yet slightly spicy pumpkin spice frosting complements the underlying cinnamon flavor perfectly, bringing it out more than in the other buns.

Contact Rachel Feder at [email protected].