Police seek community help in 2012 Berkeley murder case

Police are seeking help from the community regarding a Berkeley murder case that has remained unsolved for two years.

About 11:36 p.m. on Dec. 4, 2012, Berkeley Police Department found 50-year-old Pamela Mullins killed by gunfire on the 2700 block of Sacramento Street, between Derby and Ward streets.

Berkeley Fire Department officers arrived and pronounced Mullins dead at the scene. The victim was identified by her sister, Cathy White.

According to BPD officer Byron White, detectives have continued to investigate the case but currently have no new information.

The city of Berkeley announced Tuesday that it is offering a $15,000 reward for information that may help detectives with their investigation.

Family members have struggled to cope with their loss. Elexis Norris, Mullins’ niece, remembers bonding with her aunt over their shared passion for fashion.

“Every time I wore something, she wanted to know where I got it and who designed it,” Norris said. “She was very interested in my dreams and goals, and I think that’s what I remember best about her.”

A small memorial service will be held for Mullins on Thursday at 2 p.m. on Sacramento Street to honor the anniversary of her death.

“I’m not going to let this rest, because we need justice,” Cathy White said. “Berkeley is a small community, and someone must know what really happened.”

BPD requests that anyone with information call its Homicide Detail at 510-981-5741. Callers who wish to remain anonymous can call Bay Area Crime Stoppers at 800-222-8477.

Jane Nho covers crime and courts. Contact her at [email protected] and follow her on Twitter @JaneNho.