What does your favorite holiday drink say about you?

Screen Shot 2014-12-10 at 10.19.02 PM

The holiday season offers a refreshing change of pace for most. You’ll start busting out the twinkling lights, listening to Christmas-music radio stations, buying ugly sweaters and, most importantly of all, changing your usual order of a vanilla latte to something a little more festive. Maybe that means an extra shot of peppermint, or perhaps you’ll go herbivore_240x310all out and buy the newest Starbucks holiday drink. Take a look at this list and find what your holiday drink of choice says about your personality.

1. Peppermint mocha

You are a holiday traditionalist. You start listening to Christmas music before Thanksgiving, and you refuse to watch any movies that do not have some sort of holiday content — even if that means declining your friends’ invitation to watch “Interstellar” this weekend. People secretly respect your love and dedication to rosy-cheeked merriment, overzealous joy-giving and your hideous Christmas sweater with 10 plaid bows, bells and a big snowman right in the middle.Screen Shot 2014-12-10 at 10.13.33 PM

2. Hot chocolate

Screen Shot 2014-12-10 at 10.16.56 PM

You’re basically a child. You never quite got over the excitement you received every time your parents bought you hot chocolate when they got coffee. You have a fondness for a certain kind of wistful nostalgia that others may not understand. You often reflect on the so-called “simpler times” in life, when selecting either “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles” or “Alvin and The Chipmunks” for an afternoon of entertainment was your toughest choice. Plus, you probably enjoy cuddling too much.

3. Eggnog

Screen Shot 2014-12-10 at 10.19.02 PM

You either are the embarrassing tipsy aunt or uncle who reveals the family’s secrets or will be one day. You are the life of the party and are not afraid to say what’s on your mind: most of the time, it’s probably the brandy talking. More often than not, a sibling’s or parent’s hand is clamped over your mouth to ensure you don’t let any other embarrassing family stories slip out.

4. Peppermint steamer (i.e. steamed milk with peppermint syrup)

Screen Shot 2014-12-10 at 10.21.53 PM

You’re actually an infant. Don’t even try to order this at any respectable coffee shop, because the barista will surely give you a sneer when he or she hands you your to-go cup with steamed milk. Don’t cry — it will be just fine. People admire your gentle, sensitive side. Or maybe you just order this drink ironically, in which case, you suck.

5. Pumpkin spice latte

Screen Shot 2014-12-10 at 10.24.07 PM

You just don’t know when to give up. You’ve probably been ordering pumpkin spice lattes on a daily basis since August. Peppermint doesn’t cut it for you — the pumpkin spice latte should be a socially acceptable drink year round. You’re a little bit embarrassing, but people admire your determination and dedication to all things pumpkin. Now, go Instagram your morning PSL. You know you want to.

6. Black coffee

Screen Shot 2014-12-10 at 10.26.13 PM

Now, you’re just no fun. You think of yourself as a serious adult who has seen one too many holidays gone awry. You think all of this festive nonsense is too sentimental for your taste. One could say you are a tad bitter (pun fully intended). You have probably perfected the eye roll and are well versed in sarcasm. You’ve read “A Christmas Carol” and were extremely disappointed with the ending.

Image Sources: James Warwickchristopher corneliusStephanie BondJoanne C.Allison H.Matt DeTurckRick Nunn under Creative Commons. 

Contact Nora Harhen at [email protected].