5 bakeries for your Valentine’s Day gift

Screen-Shot-2015-02-04-at-7.44.27-PM
Länsmuseet Gävleborg/Creative Commons

The way to someone’s heart is, most likely, through their stomach. That’s why, this Valentine’s Day, we at the Clog encourage you to express your love and affection with the tastiest sugar-filled goodies. Here are some excellent suggestions of  bakeries around town where you can buy your Valentine the perfect treat. Or, if you’re single, worry no more because the perfect way to sulk in your loneliness is with some of this sweet deliciousness, we promise.

Love At First Bite Cupcakery & Bakery

Location: 1510 Walnut St., Suite G, Berkeley, CA 94709.

What’s awesome: You can actually customize a dozen of your very own cupcakes by choosing the type of cake you want and the flavor of frosting you’d like. There’s a wide variety of flavors such as raspberry, limoncello, cinnamon and peanut butter, to name just a few. So go ahead and give your bae a taste of your type of cupcake.

Crixa Cakes

Location: 2748 Adeline St., Berkeley, CA 94703.

What’s awesome: This is your one-stop shop for Hungarian, American and Russian heavenly desserts. This place has a wide variety of options — from apricot kifli and hippie cake to pave vergiate and Boston cream pie. Let your sweetheart know your adventurous spirit and explore the flavors of the world at this bakery.

Sheng Kee Bakery Cafe

Location: 2307 Telegraph Ave., Berkeley, CA 94704

What’s awesome: Sweet and reliable, Sheng Kee is right off Sproul and is always, without fault, stocked with our favorite treats like sponge cake, sesame cookies and BBQ buns. They now have a rainbow cake, too— seriously, what could be better than rainbow cake? Colors and taste in one bite, yum! Let your loved one know you’re in it for the long haul by going with this classic bakery choice.

Masse’s Pastries

Location: 1469 Shattuck Ave, Berkeley, CA 94709.

What’s awesome: Simple takes the cake here — simple is the cake here. From chocolate raspberry torte to ricotta cheesecake, Masse’s Pastries sells sophisticated delicacies that are sure to make your Valentine’s Day decadent. This bakery also does weddings, so … hint, hint.

Cinnaholic

Location: 2132 Oxford St., Berkeley, CA 94704.

What’s awesome: Who needs variety when you can have a warm, gooey cinnamon bun, instead? Cinnaholic, an option near campus, sells cinnamon buns that you can customize with your choice of frosting flavor and toppings. Going with this reliable choice will let your significant other know just how down-to-earth and appreciative you can be.

Image Sources: Adam Walker CleavelandTim EbbsjpellgenLuigi Anzivino under of Creative Commons

Contact Linsha Qi at [email protected].