You know that feeling when you had a long day of classes and studying and you severely need dessert, but you don’t necessarily want to indulge in a high-caloric splurge? We at the Clog have got you covered with our new favorite somewhat-healthy snack. Frozen, chocolate-dipped peanut-butter-banana bites. They will satisfy your sweet tooth while not derailing you from that summer body.
- 1 to 2 bananas, just ripe
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
1. Peel and slice banana into ½ inch slices.
2. Sandwich a healthy dollop of peanut butter between two slices of banana. Use as much or as little peanut butter as you desire.
3. Place the peanut butter and banana “sandwiches” into the freezer for 1 to 2 hours, until firm and frozen.
4. Place chocolate in microwave-safe bowl and microwave until smooth, using 30-second increments and stirring in between.
5. Dip frozen banana bites into melted chocolate until completely coated in chocolate, and freeze for another 1 to 2 hours, until chocolate has set.
Recommendation: Double the batch, keep it in the freezer, and enjoy when you need a quick and delicious sugar fix.
Image Source: Bridgét Hanzalik/Staff
Contact Bridget Hanzalik at [email protected].