Counting down the days until spring break? You’re not alone. The freedom seems so close, yet so far, especially with those last minute assignments and midterms that need to be finished up. There are little things you can do each day that can help you remember the good ol’ days before exams and papers — the days where you only had to remember if there were batteries in your Game Boy, not in your calculator, and life could be planned on a silly board game, not determined by resumes and cover letters. So take a trip down memory lane with these seven activities that will make this week fly by.
1. Play a video game. Whether it’s on a new console, or you break out your GameCube, Game Boy Color, Nintendo 64 or (if you’re really cool) your Nintendo NES, it’s time to beat Bowser, rescue Princess Zelda or work to become a Pokemon Master.
2. Take a bubble bath. This is self explanatory. Relax. Take a breather.
3. Listen to your favorite throwback songs. Listen to your favorite songs from years ago that you are embarrassed to say you dance in your room to. C’mon, everything comes back in style … even platform boots. Sing them from the rooftops!
4. Play on a playground. This counts as exercise, right? C’mon, who doesn’t love sliding, swinging and monkey barring? We promise, it’s not that creepy …
5. Play a board game. Grab a group of friends and waste a couple of hours. Monopoly is always a classic. Better yet, why not escape your own life for a bit and play The Game of Life, where you get a college degree just by spinning a wheel.
6. Play MASH. I bet you forgot about this game. Pretend you’re back in middle school, gather your friends and plan your life based on a random number. It’s that simple.
7. Watch Netflix. This is probably one you don’t need us to tell you about. But go explore some classic shows you watched like the Mighty Morphin’ Power Rangers or the Powerpuff Girls.