5 ways to treat yourself after finals

clog1
Irene Chen/Staff

Yes, finals are approaching. Yes, those pesky final papers and projects are almost due. Yes, this is the craziest time of the semester. Instead of dreading those end-of-semester assignments so much, however, tackle those bad boys and finish up your school responsibilities with the intent of treating yourself amazingly afterward. Having an incentive of your choosing will help you crush those final exams, dominate those papers and kill those projects (literally, of course). Therefore, we at the Clog have put together a list of the best ways to treat yourself after finals. Feel free to go crazy and maybe even do them all! You deserve it.

1. Eat ice cream, ice cream, ice cream …

This one’s a given. Nevertheless, be sure to treat yourself to the best ice cream in town, Ici Ice Cream. If you’ve never tried or heard of this place, where in the world have you been? We mean, it was just voted best ice cream by The Daily Californian, and it has been serving up delicious and unique flavors for years. So head over to the cutesy College Avenue and visit the famous Ici to commemorate the end of the semester! You won’t be disappointed.

2. Go up to the top of the Campanile and yell, “Freedom!”

On the last day of the semester, when all of your finals are complete, take a quick trip up our beautiful Sather Tower, revel in the incredible 360-degree view of the Bay Area, and declare your freedom from this semester at the top of your lungs. We promise it will make you feel liberated and stress-free.

3. Go to a fancy-schmancy dinner.

Head over to Joshu-Ya or Great China or Angeline’s Louisiana Kitchen or Venus or even San Francisco for a delicious and elegant dinner, because you deserve it. Test out that yummy restaurant you have always wanted to try. You made it through another difficult and trying semester at UC Berkeley, and that warrants some celebration.

4. Take a day trip to the beach.

Grab a friend who has a car and travel over to your favorite beach. Berkeley is only a few hours away from many of California’s beautiful beaches, such as Stinson Beach, Ocean Beach and Santa Cruz. The coastline is inherently relaxing, and walking around a quintessential beach town is sure to get you ready for summer. Visit a beach’s market and have a picnic. Soak up some sun, and take a nap on the sand. This break from reality will allow you to truly enjoy your completion of that paper, project or exam.

5. Take a long nap.

One of the best ways to celebrate the end of the semester is to take a long and glorious nap, knowing that you are done: You have finished the semester, and you can get ready for summer. Your stress has been lifted, and you can thoroughly enjoy the comfort of your bed.

The end is in sight, Golden Bears. So push through these last few weeks, then treat yourself in every way you desire! You can do it!

Image Source: Kristina D.C. Hoeppner with Creative Commons

Contact Bridget Hanzalik at [email protected].