In honor of National Grilled Cheese month, we at the Clog have decided to shine some light on this under-appreciated food. Yes, it may not be the most nutritional, but the cheese in this sandwich holds together not only two crispy pieces of bread but also the very fabric of college life, for without it, our list of late-night snack options would be much shorter. Make sure bread and cheese are always stalked up in the refrigerator, and a grilled cheese will always be an option.
1. Few ingredients: bread, cheese, butter/oil — go!
2. Versatile: You can put anything in a grilled cheese, such as veggies, meat or sauces.
3. Quick to prepare.
4. Anyone can make it.
5. Tasty accessory to soup or salad.
6. There are so many different types of bread!
7. There are so many different types of cheese!
8. With all of those bread and cheese options, you might never get bored.
9. Bread lasts a long time in the refrigerator.
10. You can always stack grilled cheeses on top of each other to create the ultimate grilled cheese tower.
11. A fresh grilled cheese will keep you warm at night during a cold and harsh semester.
Image Source: Featured Image under Creative Commons
Contact Mary-Ann Niktas at [email protected].