Quantum of Solace, episode 3: Tilden Regional Park

clog.tilden.fossum
mk30/Creative Commons

Perhaps you cope with stress by spending time alone with your thoughts. Perhaps you vent to your best friend. For that matter, perhaps you vent to your worst frenemy, your mom or even your roommate. Maybe you’re a little more highbrow and love to go to a good botanical garden. Or you’re childish and just need to ride a merry-go-round every once in a while. Maybe you never get stressed at all but are simply running out of things to do this semester. Well, regardless of who you are or what you’re doing, we at the Clog have some advice for you: Head to Tilden Regional Park!

clog.tilden.fossum

This Berkeley jewel (actually known as the jewel of the East Bay Park District), which overlooks the Berkeley Hills and beyond, is just a short 15-minute drive from campus … or a not-so-short 50-minute uphill walk, if you are so inclined. In fact, on weekends, you can even reach this park via AC Transit’s 67 line. No matter your mode of transportation, once you arrive, you’ll be faced with the tough choice of what to do. You might opt for a dip in the lovely Lake Anza.

clog.tilden.fossum

Aside from containing this popular swimming reservoir, Tilden is also home to numerous other amenities, such as its very own miniature steam train! Wow!

clog.tilden.fossum

After riding around on the locomotive, we suggest you soak up the scenery and hit one of Tilden’s many trails. No matter which one you choose, you’ll find yourself surrounded by incredible views of the Bay Area, inhaling the calming scent of the many eucalyptus groves and in a prime position to satisfy your weekly dog-petting fix.

clog.tilden.fossum

Really, there’s nothing not to love! We at the Clog have a motto: A day at Tilden is a day well spent. Well, maybe not. Regardless, now we hope you’ll find a little bit of solace in this place, too.

clog.tilden.fossum

Image Sources: TJ Gehling, Justin C., David McSpadden, Carol Kolb deWilde, Lydia Chow

Contact Christina Fossum at [email protected].