Things to do once in a blue moon

blue moon
drwhimsy/Creative Commons

We have all heard the expression, “once in a blue moon,” which is commonly used to describe a rare or significant event. Fortunately for us, those very words will come to life this July with the appearance of two full moons in one month. For those of you interested in observing the phenomenon, the first full moon will occur July 1 at 7:19 p.m., and the second — the “blue moon” — July 31 at 3:42 a.m. For those who just want a reason to do something you normally wouldn’t, this blue moon is the perfect excuse, and we at the Clog have created the perfect checklist for you. If you don’t get around to completing everything, that’s alright. You’ll have another opportunity in approximately three years!

1. Get naked in public for no particular reason. Not many people are here over the summer anyway, so you might as well.
  2. Use real money to buy an insanely overpriced snack from the Golden Bear Café because you’re starving and don’t want to walk all the way back to your apartment. Or convince an unsuspecting freshman to lend you some meal points.
  3. Actually go to office hours. You might not like it, but your GPA sure would.
  4. Sneak into a concert at the Greek Theater and live to tell the tale.
  5. Get guacamole on your bowl or burrito at Chipotle! This is your ticket to the best $1.75 you’ve ever spent, guilt free.
  6. Get off at a random BART stop.
  7. Go to Late Night under the influence.
  8. Walk across the UC Berkeley seal to find out if the myth about it being bad exam juju is true.
  9. Try out a new cafe.
  10. Make a trip back home, no matter how difficult it is for you to leave Berkeley.

Image source: drwhimsy

Contact Carina Zhao at [email protected].