What fruit better defines summer than berries? Their sweet scent fills the air of farmers’ market where their jewel-tone colors beckon to all that pass by. We at the Clog love to eat our berries at breakfast. So, we’ve whipped up a recipe for you featuring our favorite summer fruit for our favorite meal of the day.
Blueberry Lemon Scones
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 ¼ tsp baking powder
- 2 ½ cups cane sugar
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 14 oz. can of full-fat coconut milk
- 1 cup blueberries
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- Juice of half of a lemon
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Whisk together flour, salt and baking powder. Fold in lemon zest and blueberries.
- Combine dry ingredients with can of coconut milk, making sure to mix until just combined.
- Turn out dough onto a floured surface and fold onto itself a few times. Add more flour and fold until dough is no longer sticky. It should be in between wet and dry.
- Flatten dough into an eight-inch square and cut into eight triangles.
- Sprinkle sugar over top and pop into the oven for about 20 minutes.
- While scones are baking, combine powdered sugar and lemon juice to make a glaze.
- After you have taken the scones out of the oven, drizzle the glaze over the scones while still warm.
- Let the scones cool and then enjoy!
Contact Nora Harhen at [email protected].