Frosting-filled cookies: a baking failure

frostingfilledccc
cookies and cups/Creative Commons

We at the Clog, as you might have expected, are slightly addicted to Pinterest. We craft silly wall hangings, laugh at memes and, most importantly, bake the delicious goodies that we pin on our boards. But every once in awhile, our Pinterest attempts turn into catastrophes. We have decided to share with you one of these scenarios.

We found a recipe for frosting-filled cookies. Imagine the joy of biting into a chocolate chip cookie only to discover an explosion of perfectly fluffy vanilla frosting — could there be anything more delicious? We didn’t think so.

Sadly, we were mistaken.

The recipe instructed us to make cookie dough and frosting, freeze balls of frosting, cover the frosting in cookie dough and finally, place in the oven at 375 degrees for 10 minutes. We did all of these things. Sadly, our cookies turned out like this:

cookie fail lol

We believe, however, that some of you folks may have baking skills we do not possess and challenge you to one-up us, the self-proclaimed experts. Here’s the recipe:

Ingredients: 

For the cookie dough:

• 2 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar
  • 2 sticks butter, melted
  • 1 egg
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup chocolate chips

For the frosting:

• 1/2 16 oz. bag of confectioners sugar
  • 1 stick butter, melted
  • About 3 tablespoons milk
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt

Directions: 

Cookie dough:

1. Mix together all of the dry ingredients in a bowl, except the baking soda and chocolate chips.
  2. Add the wet ingredients (butter, egg and vanilla). Mix all ingredients together.
  3. Once dough is in fact dough-y, add the baking soda and chocolate chips. Mix until everything is evenly distributed.

Frosting:

1. Combine confectioner’s sugar, butter, vanilla and salt. Mix until butter is completely incorporated.
  2. Add in milk one tablespoon at a time until you achieve your desired texture. (Note: At our desired texture, the frosting drips from a fork but very, very slowly.)
  3. With a spoon, place balls of frosting on a pan. Place in the freezer until frozen (about three hours).

Putting it all together:

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
  2. Cover frozen frosting balls in cookie dough and place on a cookie sheet.
  3. Place in cookie sheet in oven for nine to 10 minutes.
  4. Either indulge in perfect frosting-filled cookies, or, more likely, eat your half-baked, bubbling frosting mush with a fork like us.

Recipe inspiration: http://cookiesandcups.com/frosting-filled-chocolate-chip-cookies/

Image source: cookiesandcups.com

Pressly Pratt is the Blog Editor. Contact her at [email protected].