BPD responds to stabbings, drunk driving accident, gunshots

Between roughly 11:30 p.m. Friday and 12:15 a.m. Saturday, Berkeley police officers responded to two stabbings they believe were related, reports of gunshots and a drunk driving incident, as first reported by Berkeleyside.

Berkeley Police Department Lt. Alyson Hart said police suspect the two stabbings occurred during a street fight that involved several adult males. BPD responded to a report of one stabbing victim outside Pappy’s Grill and Sports Bar about 11:30 p.m. and to the second stabbing victim outside Blondie’s Pizza about 12:15 a.m.

Both victims were taken to the hospital with nonlife-threatening injuries and were uncooperative with police, according to Hart. BPD currently has no suspects.

At about 12:15 a.m., BPD responded to multiple calls reporting five or six gunshots in West Berkeley. Though officers found gun casings on the 2800 block of Mabel Street, no victim has come forward.

Shortly after police were called to the scene of the first stabbing, they responded to a drunk driver who had driven into the garage of a house on the 1100 block of Euclid Avenue. BPD reported no injuries, and officers took the driver into custody.

Sally Littlefield is the lead crime and courts reporter. Contact her at [email protected] and follow her on Twitter at @slittlefield3.