The season of gifting: Editor’s note

2015 buying guide ed note

Aunt Petunia and Aunt Eleanor have had one too many glasses of eggnog, and they’re bickering about who was more attractive in high school. Your neighbor cannot stop gushing about your mom’s pumpkin pie, and your mom’s in too deep to admit she bought it at Costco. Billy is running around sans pants with a new toy you’re pretty sure is just a drone painted blue. The holiday season has arrived.

With gifts, feasts and kisses from extended family members impending, winter sure can be a stressful season. While we at The Daily Californian might not be able to intervene in the inevitable holiday drama, we can do our best to make the process of preparing gifts as painless as possible with our first-ever Holiday Buying Guide.

In this guide, you’ll find tips for buying presents for the people in your life and getting the gifts you want. Along with a map of where to shop in Berkeley, we’ve included plenty of coupons so that you don’t break the bank while gift shopping. We’re also bringing you a preview of holiday events in the Bay Area and other stories to get your mind off shopping and on the holiday spirit.

We wish you the best of luck on your gifting experience, and Happy Holidays from the Daily Cal!

Contact Amy Jiang and Alexandra Yoon-Hendricks at [email protected].